BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are some interesting and some expected names being linked but whoever it is won't have any money to spend and have to work with Cheston, Senior, Pasha and Venkys (and their associates).

I would like someone with a proven track record of improving players and bringing youngsters through.

8 minutes ago, chor808 said:

Any new man should read this mornings LT story. Anything of worth will be sold and zero to spend.

A very depressing read which killed quickly the post Coyle high. Obviously a deliberate tactic to make us accept less. Cheston is tainted by his job and is a twxx

6 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I was going to reply to this earlier but didn't get chance. Wow, I was genuinely gobsmacked by that suggestion. If I did a least of all the managers I would least like to take over it'd read: Steve Kean, Juan Ali, Bryan Robson, Peter Taylor, Paul Jewell, Peter Reid, McLeish. Lol.

My only worry about Adkins would be that whilst he might be a relatively safe pair of hands medium to long term, he does seem to have rather a dull persona and I'm not sure if we need someone who could come and either inspire or frighten the life out of the players to get the instant improvement we need.

Adkins seems to be the pick of the rather limited field we are in.  That said, I can only see him doing well here if he is around for 2-3 years and given some reign over signings. May be good from an academy perspective.  Possibly another 'Bowyer' and not a short term fix candidate.

Sherwood on the other hand, may be the Bawler/motivator we need to get us out of the relegation spots but not sure he could develop and take us forward.

You pay your money, you takes your choice I suppose.

1 minute ago, AllRoverAsia said:

A very depressing read which killed quickly the post Coyle high. Obviously a deliberate tactic to make us accept less. Cheston is tainted by his job and is a twxx

And also put out on what they see as a good news day, they have timed that message no doubt about it. The accounts have been around for some time.

Just now, chor808 said:

And also put out on what they see as a good news day, they have timed that message no doubt about it. The accounts have been around for some time.

The only good news will be when cheston senior venkys coar the partners all depart Ewood for good 

Interestingly Oddschecker still have betting has suspended 

The timing is more sickening evidence of the incompetence of those 'in control' of the club - they clearly saw the danger of allowing the club to go into the United game with no-one at the helm, a prospect that would have exposed the true situation to the scrutiny of a scandal-hungry media, especially at a time when the FA is under pressure. So, they allowed Boil-head to hold the reins for a few extra days, to cover their embarrasment at not having a plan for his replacement.

Imagine Sunday's game if there had been no-one in charge - the prospect of a United rout, followed by intrusive questions from the media and pundits connected with the club (Shearer, Sutton etc) plus no-one able to state what the plan going forward is, must have frightened the shoite out of fat Barry, and the ash holes behind the scenes.

It doesn't matter who comes in now - we are a busted flush, and there is no real prospect of any change until we are purged of the cancer that riddles the club from top to bottom. Whoever does get appointed is on a hiding to nothing, and frankly will need to be completely corrupt and without conscience to take the job in the first place. Or a complete idiot / stooge (i.e. no change there).

6 hours ago, Athlete said:

Correct but not now he's been out the game way too long 

Has the ball changed shape? Pitch got bigger? More players allowed? Would have liked Curbishley here a few times in the past.

Glad Coyle has gone as i believe he under achieved. Hard however to get excited by any new manager working under these circumstances and owners as it will simply be more of the same.

Just now, neophox said:

When is training today, who takes the training?

Looking at their fitness levels they probably have Wednesdays and Thursdays off. I wouldn't worry about it. No one at the club has been doing anyway.

But the straight answer is that Bayes from Radio Lancs believes that David Lowe would be.

Just now, onlyonejackwalker said:

Has the ball changed shape? Pitch got bigger? More players allowed? Would have liked Curbishley here a few times in the past.

lol....................no just think he's had his day

but as you say anyone will struggle unless they have no morals working under this structure

8 hours ago, Dunnfc said:

Really I'm shocked that your gobsmacked? A proven and experienced coach available the next day with a stern reputation for building tight defenses. Sounds like the ideal steady safe pair of hands we need until we can asses this situation properly i.e end of the season. Seems to be the approach even Rangers might be taking given he is now being linked there.

Team Nat From To Record
G W D L Win%[a]
Motherwell 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Scotland 13 July 1994 10 February 1998 156 48 45 63 30.77
Hibernian 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Scotland 11 February 1998 11 December 2001 164 77 42 45 46.95
Rangers 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Scotland 13 December 2001 8 May 2006 235 155 44 36 65.96
Scotland 23px-Flag_of_Scotland.svg.png Scotland 29 January 2007 27 November 2007 10 7 0 3 70.00
Birmingham City 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png England 28 November 2007 12 June 2011 168 62 51 55 36.90
Aston Villa 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png England 17 June 2011 14 May 2012 42 9 17 16 21.43
Nottingham Forest 23px-Flag_of_England.svg.png England 27 December 2012 5 February 2013 7 1 2 4 14.29
Genk 23px-Flag_of_Belgium_%28civil%29.svg.png Belgium 22 August 2014 22 June 2015 35 18 10 7 51.43
Zamalek[79] 23px-Flag_of_Egypt.svg.png Egypt 28 February 2016 2 May 2016 10 6 2 2 60.00
Total 827 383 213 231 46.31

Not bad records apart from Forest but we all know what happened there whilst he even managed the feat of qualifying for Europe with his stint in Genk as opposed to Adkins whom your championing last being sacked for being mid-table with Sheffield Utd so I can't understand how you'd be so gobsmacked unless you've got him mixed up with someone else? MacLeish's overall win ratio also appears slightly better too.

Team From To Record Ref
P W D L Win %
S@#/?horpe United 6 November 2006 12 September 2010 199 83 44 72 41.7 [20]
Southampton 12 September 2010 18 January 2013 124 67 25 32 54.0 [20]
Reading 26 March 2013 15 December 2014 80 29 20 31 36.3 [17][20]
Sheffield United 2 June 2015 12 May 2016 54 22 14 18 40.7 [20]
Total 457 201 103 153 44.0

The thing is though that the only section of McLeish's CV relevant to us is his time at Birmingham, Villa and Forest when he was managing in the Premier League and Championship. We can probably ignore his short stint at Forest as we should ignore Jackett's short stint at Rotherham as 7 games is nothing and he left due to off the field issues. But then look at his Birmingham and Villa records. More than 200 games and only 71 wins isn't good at all, and he was slaughtered for his spell at Villa. Having a good record in Scotland/Belgium isn't really that useful here. Coyle had a good record in Scotland but has shown repeatedly he can't hack it in England.

I agree he should bring in some defensive structure and has substantial experience and he certainly would be preferable to going in house again or appointing Neil Redfearn or the like, but I think I'd prefer us to look elsewhere.

Contrast with Adkins who has managed at both ends of the Championship and has 3 promotions from League One. Normally if we were relegated I'd think he'd be well placed to get us back up again, like Jackett with his 2 promotions from League One with Millwall and Wolves.

51 minutes ago, Disenfranchised said:

The timing is more sickening evidence of the incompetence of those 'in control' of the club - they clearly saw the danger of allowing the club to go into the United game with no-one at the helm, a prospect that would have exposed the true situation to the scrutiny of a scandal-hungry media, especially at a time when the FA is under pressure. So, they allowed Boil-head to hold the reins for a few extra days, to cover their embarrasment at not having a plan for his replacement.

Imagine Sunday's game if there had been no-one in charge - the prospect of a United rout, followed by intrusive questions from the media and pundits connected with the club (Shearer, Sutton etc) plus no-one able to state what the plan going forward is, must have frightened the shoite out of fat Barry, and the ash holes behind the scenes.

It doesn't matter who comes in now - we are a busted flush, and there is no real prospect of any change until we are purged of the cancer that riddles the club from top to bottom. Whoever does get appointed is on a hiding to nothing, and frankly will need to be completely corrupt and without conscience to take the job in the first place. Or a complete idiot / stooge (i.e. no change there).

Good points. The decision was definitely made before the UTD game. So keeping Coyle there was to present a brave face, worked well for him too as he got publicity which could land him a job in somewhere like China for example. 

If it is between Adkins and Sherwood as mentioned, I'm a bit thorn. I think Sherwoord would definitely keep us up with a  bounce, but long-term I would have huge concern as to whether he could push us on to in and around the play-offs. Adkins on the other hand, could gradually build something here like he did at Southampton. 

His time at Southampton is a very interesting one. If he didn't also have success at S@#/?horpe, you could say that he had a time at a club similar to Coyles spell over Burnely. Where the formula just worked,for that one period. Looking at Southampton then , you would have to say they probably had the best league 1 team ever and a very good Championship team. A good number of the players have gone on to have solid Premier league careers since. How much of a part did Adkins play? Well that is up for debate I suppose. Anyone hear anything from Southamton fans on him? 

5 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

S@#/?horpe - just testing Scun and thorpe ;)

For some strange reason exact word matches are not working in the updated forum so I've have to turn on "loose" matches.  Unfortunately that has the effect of matching the word anywhere.  It's annoying and I'm still trying to see why the filter doesn't work properly.

Just now, den said:

Reading Chestons comments this morning, any optimism we might have had has been demolished. What level will we be at when the cost cutting ends? Why would any manager with ambition come here?

Correct. Cost cutting in football is a continuing downward spiral. Venkys will destroy Rovers by a thousand cuts and I for one am convinced that this is their plan.

Dont get me started on that runt Senior.

Just now, den said:

Reading Chestons comments this morning, any optimism we might have had has been demolished. What level will we be at when the cost cutting ends? Why would any manager with ambition come here?

Optimism and ambition are words not associated with Blackburn Rovers 2017 sadly....

We're nothing but a cash cow these days den, Coyle will have walked away significantly richer than when he arrived, we're nothing more than easy money for poor managers and poor players looking to boost the bank balance.

We all called this before Coyle was appointed, he'd be sacked within 12 months and try to bring in Barnes and Feeney along the way, we all called it right, pity Cheston wasn't on the same page we'd have saved him looking like a fool.

Archived