BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over the last week or so, I received two PM's from members of this MB about Coyle's position.  I advised that the gossip I heard on Sunday 12 Feb was that Coyle would be sacked on Monday 13 Feb and that two out of work managers had already been sounded out, both subsequently rebuffing Rovers; if this is correct then it may well explain why the sacking didn't happen last week and what appears to be the strange timing today given the proximity of the Burton game.  One can only assume that Rovers are now very close to appointing Coyle's replacement and all the smart money is on Adkins, however, it's worth bearing in mind that Warnock was seemingly also very close to being appointed before Coyle almost magically appeared on the scene.  Ironically, history could repeat itself as Cotterill's name has been whispered on a number of occasions over recent days. 

A common theme with Coyle seems to be players and others at the clubs he manages complaining about his training methods and lack of match preparation. Just why people keep employing the dick and why he can't change his methods to this century is very odd indeed.

Hard as it might be to stomach Cotterill fits right in with the situation at Rovers and i thought he was worth a shout at the beginning of the season. He can work with shirt buttons and is far more tactical organised than Coyle, no great shakes and another ex Dingle but had he come in instead of clownpants i'm 100% certain we'd be a point or 3 better off by now.

He might not be the worst short term fix.

Just been told David Lowe is taking over on a temporary basis with DJ as assistant, announced tomorrow morning, perhaps that's common knowledge, just catching up after work. Mate also told me he heard Curbishley has been at Ewood during the past week but may have been just because he's friends with Senior. 

Just now, tomphil said:

A common theme with Coyle seems to be players and others at the clubs he manages complaining about his training methods and lack of match preparation. Just why people keep employing the dick and why he can't change his methods to this century is very odd indeed.

Probably because he goes round undercutting other managers.

Just now, Neal said:

Dad just told me David Lowe is taking over on a temporary basis with DJ as assistant, announced tomorrow morning. Mate also told me he heard Curbishley has been at Ewood during the past week but may have been just because he's friends with Senior. 

Wouldnt Surprise me, they enjoy making appointments they can bend to their will, if so they never learn

Just now, Mercerman said:

Over the last week or so, I received two PM's from members of this MB about Coyle's position.  I advised that the gossip I heard on Sunday 12 Feb was that Coyle would be sacked on Monday 13 Feb and that two out of work managers had already been sounded out, both subsequently rebuffing Rovers; if this is correct then it may well explain why the sacking didn't happen last week and what appears to be the strange timing today given the proximity of the Burton game.  One can only assume that Rovers are now very close to appointing Coyle's replacement and all the smart money is on Adkins, however, it's worth bearing in mind that Warnock was seemingly also very close to being appointed before Coyle almost magically appeared on the scene.  Ironically, history could repeat itself as Cotterill's name has been whispered on a number of occasions over recent days. 

Think I'd give up football if cutterill turned up

Just now, Neal said:

Dad just told me David Lowe is taking over on a temporary basis with DJ as assistant, announced tomorrow morning. Mate also told me he heard Curbishley has been at Ewood during the past week but may have been just because he's friends with Senior. 

Senior does indeed have some good contacts and Curbishley is a wise footballing brain.

Hope Senior has gone after the better of his links and not the chaff previous "talent spotters" have gone for. 

So the caretaker is going to be the head of youth with his assistant being the head coach of the Under 23s? How's that one work? Almost as bonkers as handing Dunn the caretaker job ahead of Johnson even though he's Johnson's assistant.

If we don't have an announcement by the end of tomorrow about a permanent successor I'm going to become increasingly concerned that they have acted without a replacement lined up.

Sherwood might give us that initial lift like he did at Spurs and Villa and that bounce could see us climb to safety, but I'm far from convinced about his credentials as a permanent manager. Seems to be too emotional and prone to doing daft things.

Think if they went and appointed another ex dingle after Coyle has taken us to the cusp of League One there would be World War 3.

Lambert, McLeish, Warnock, Coyle, Adkins - all had the job or heavily linked in the last 12 months and all have had relatively recent promotions to the Premier League. Maybe Venkys grand plan for getting this promotion they talk about is to keep appointing managers who have been promoted and give them no money to do the job. The complete opposite of recruiting inexperienced coaches as managers and then blowing millions on them which occupied the first 5 years of their reign. 

Just now, JHRover said:

So the caretaker is going to be the head of youth with his assistant being the head coach of the Under 23s? How's that one work? Almost as bonkers as handing Dunn the caretaker job ahead of Johnson even though he's Johnson's assistant.

If we don't have an announcement by the end of tomorrow about a permanent successor I'm going to become increasingly concerned that they have acted without a replacement lined up.

Sherwood might give us that initial lift like he did at Spurs and Villa and that bounce could see us climb to safety, but I'm far from convinced about his credentials as a permanent manager. Seems to be too emotional and prone to doing daft things.

Think if they went and appointed another ex dingle after Coyle has taken us to the cusp of League One there would be World War 3.

Lambert, McLeish, Warnock, Coyle, Adkins - all had the job or heavily linked in the last 12 months and all have had relatively recent promotions to the Premier League. Maybe Venkys grand plan for getting this promotion they talk about is to keep appointing managers who have been promoted and give them no money to do the job. The complete opposite of recruiting inexperienced coaches as managers and then blowing millions on them which occupied the first 5 years of their reign. 

It seems an pretty obvious recruitment policy now:-

Free agent + Promotion to Prem on CV = Welcome to Ewood but don't ask for any money.

2 hours ago, Athlete said:

Yes just seen that... Dowie spoke quite well so did Walsh tbf 

Is that a suggestion Iain Dowie is a possibility? I'm only asking because he moved in to my village three weeks ago, just five miles from Ewood. 

Archived