BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager

Just now, Gav said:

Why are people posting that muppets comments on here?

Get a fooking grip and stop prostituting yourselves to the ragged red top whore.

If I wanted to read Nixon i'd be on @#/?ter.

:D

Just now, roverstdt said:

If I am not mistaken David Lowe was originally in charge of the Under 18's for a while and has since taken another role within the academy what that is I am not too sure. I think he was orignally in charge of the under 18's when Tomlinson, Mahoney, and a few others were playing in that line up. 

Altogether now: "David Lowes' Blue and White army "

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, koi said:

I want to know the g0bsh1te has to say for himself.

"It's not just me that will be affected, the local Krispie Kreme will probably have to make a round of redundancies as well"

(assuming you meant Coyle and not Senior, Desai, Bala, @#!?ytash, He who shall not be named, K**n)

You don't know how a manager is going to work out. Wednesday have appointed someone who wouldn't be in the list of 'go to' options and they are having a good season. Villa appoint one of the preferred managers and throw a shed load of money at him and haven't won a league game in 2017.

Just now, Irishrover213 said:

Just listened to Sutton spoke really well laid the blame at seniors door. Said that Coyle was told last wk he would not be taking training this week disgraceful if  true. Why not bin him after Sheffield Wed why wait until the biggest game of the season 

If that's true then the case is closed as to why we had the Jim White special at the back end of last week.

Just now, Ricky said:

You don't know how a manager is going to work out. Wednesday have appointed someone who wouldn't be in the list of 'go to' options and they are having a good season. Villa appoint one of the preferred managers and throw a shed load of money at him and haven't won a league game in 2017.

Under this regime with no structure we all know exactly how a manager will work out, badly.

Is it 7 managers in 7 years now? absolutely disgusting.

21 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I doubt Johnno and Dunny wouldn't want it long term - still far too early for them.  Dunny was dropped in it at Oldham by the Chairman at that club and I doubt he would fall for that again.  Both are learning their trade and doing extremely well and probably are more than happy to let Lowe step up.  I suspect both will assist him with training.  I still expect there to be an appointment tomorrow and suspect someone like Adkins will get the job.

I think tomorrow or Thursday at the latest an appointment will be made

17 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Mixed messages by the bucketload. Radio Lancashire reporting that David Lowe will take training and manage the team at Burton unless an appointment is made before Friday. On the surface that's odd as the obvious route would be to hand it to Johnson for the next few days. Unless they know it is going to be extremely short lived and want to leave Johnson to concentrate on the U23s.

The link to Jewell isnt the first time. He was heavily linked in the early period last summer and I heard at one stage he was strong favourite back then. He's the sort of desperado yesterdays man like Coyle that I worry we will be shopping for.

On the other hand Sky Bet have stopped offering odds on the job saying they understand the position has already been filled. It isn't like them to stop taking money unless they know something concrete and given the web of agents over at their HQ I'd trust their beliefs.

I'd be relatively satisfied if they gave it to Adkins. The only serious blemish on his CV was his spell at Sheffield United where he failed to get the biggest club in Lge One even into the play-offs. Having said that he has a 40% win record there so hardly a disaster and over his career at 4 clubs he has a 44% win record and 4 promotions. His record is actually similar to Lambert's in terms of their similar records at Norwich and Southampton. At Reading in his only full season in charge he took them to 7th above us in Bowyer's first season and had all sorts of issues there with the takeover. He'd be a far better choice than Coyle and I'd hope people got behind him if he was the appointment. 

If there really is no-one ready and waiting to start work and we're seriously thinking about sending a patched up caretaker job to Burton for a massive game then we're in deep, deep trouble, if we weren't already.

Sky bet have shut the market for it as have others I believe judging from this sack race account saying this Betting suspended on the next Blackburn Rovers manager market. Nigel Adkins was the odds-on favourite.

didn't Adkins bring through youth at Southampton. Did a good job at Southampton and S@#/?horpe United. But concern at his failure at Sheff Utd

12 minutes ago, michaelscarn said:

You have endorsed him fairly recently 

8 minutes ago, Rover_Shaun said:

Where the Chaddy opinion swing-o-meter when you need it? You really need to start writing your opinions down Chaddy so you can get them right if the wind changes :lol::lol:

Why is Adkins name suddenly being banded about???

I said I wanted him in the summer. Looked at what happened at Swindon

Just now, JHRover said:

Sherwood isn't Swindon manager, he's Director of Football. Not really fair to blame their poor form on him, although I wouldn't want Sherwood here anyway.

Sherwood has been on the touchline in most games. supposedly he picked the team, tactics, signings but wont talk to the media

Just now, Gav said:

Under this regime with no structure we all know exactly how a manager will work out, badly.

Is it 7 managers in 7 years now? absolutely disgusting.

Feels like had Kean/Coyle for about 10 years apiece. Suppose time has no meaning in hell

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I think tomorrow or Thursday at the latest an appointment will be made

Sky bet have shut the market for it as have others I believe judging from this sack race account saying this Betting suspended on the next Blackburn Rovers manager market. Nigel Adkins was the odds-on favourite.

Quite a lot of bookies still taking bets.. 

Please not Steve Cotterill or Paul jewell 

28 minutes ago, Parsonblue said:

I doubt Johnno and Dunny wouldn't want it long term - still far too early for them.  Dunny was dropped in it at Oldham by the Chairman at that club and I doubt he would fall for that again.  Both are learning their trade and doing extremely well and probably are more than happy to let Lowe step up.  I suspect both will assist him with training.  I still expect there to be an appointment tomorrow and suspect someone like Adkins will get the job.

How was your mate 'dunny ' dropped in it ? He was awful . End of . You need to get real 

Archived