Photo
* * * - - 5 votes

Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked (or you're not logged in)
4842 replies to this topic

#3561 Clitherover

Clitherover

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2629 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:49 AM

Andrew Cryer ‏@CryerRovers

Wow. That doesn't sound any clearer. Just been told we will be told nothing decided on manager and could take a month! Brilliant

Best case scenario, they are looking for a replacement.

Worst and most probable scenario, they can't find an excuse good enough to cover their dodgy tracks.

#3562 Mercerman

Mercerman

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5394 posts

• ST Block: Driven out by Venky's / Kean

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:50 AM

Andrew Cryer‏@CryerRovers

Wow. That doesn't sound any clearer. Just been told we will be told nothing decided on manager and could take a month! Brilliant

IMO, this can only mean that the speculation about Rovers being sold is correct.

No other rationale explanation.

#3563 True Blue & White

True Blue & White

Uefa Europa League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1726 posts

Cryer has not confirmed Kean stays as manager, he said Kean EXPECTS to stay on as manager. He's just posted this now...the agony continues...

If Rovers are Venky's 'baby' then Balaji, Venkatesh and Mrs Desai must be our Steven Barker, Jason Owen and Tracey Connelly.

#3564 nick123

nick123

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Or it could take another month of takeover dealings to see where we are ?

#3565 davulsukur

davulsukur

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2280 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:51 AM

A month?

Venkys are an absolute joke. They actually have no idea what they are doing.
TEIAM - Problem Solved

#3566 BRFCBOY

BRFCBOY

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:52 AM

so in the meantime who is responsible for pre season planning etc.............. the club is a shambles

#3567 The Gull

The Gull

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:53 AM

It basically sounds like there are two possibilities of why such a delay may happen:

1) They are biding their time as they either can't or won't get rid of Kean and they think this will give them some breathing space before the season starts.

2) They are selling and don't want to pay out the compo on their watch.

I'm seriously hoping for the latter!
Have you heard the one about the dislexic alcoholic?

He choked on his own Vimto!

#3568 jim mk2

jim mk2

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11907 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:53 AM

So the club remains rudderless for the bulk of the close season with no direction on or off the field and the squad in desperate need of rebuilding.

Prepare for another relegation.

What's the difference between yoghurt and Australians ? At least yoghurt starts with a little culture.

#3569 A cup of beans

A cup of beans

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2393 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:54 AM

Or it could take another month of takeover dealings to see where we are ?

Cant see him coming on SSN, to speak about selling the club.
"It´s gonna be a long season in Gotham City. Still no sign of Batman but the Joker is here and can´t get rid. Even Robin would do a lot of help. Ruben? "
Rover of Finland 23/08/2012

#3570 RibbleValleyRover

RibbleValleyRover

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8538 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:55 AM

Most teams in the Championship are sorting out their 'retained' lists and are making enquires on players ready for the start of the season, Rovers on the other hand can't make their mind up about the manager. Excellent preparation for what will be a very difficult season :rolleyes:

#3571 den

den

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19642 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:55 AM

Even more frustrating is that we know this interview with Rao will make things no clearer. We can't believe anything they say. So on we go.........
Thanks to Tyrone Shoelaces, this was the first team I ever saw:
Rovers v Middesborough F. A. Cup 5th round. Sat 5th of Feb, 1962. Att, 33,714.

Else! Taylor Newton, Clayton Woods McGrath, Douglas Lawther Pickering Byrom Ratcliffe.

We won 2-1 ( Pickering, Lawther ) setting up an away tie at Fulham in the next round. We drew that 2-2. Before the replay the draw had paired us with our old friends Burnley in the semi finals.
Typically Rovers, we played kean in the replay and lost 1-0 in front of another 33,000 crowd ! of our five forwards four were actually born in the town of Blackburn ! Now that will never happen again.

#3572 Waggy76

Waggy76

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2014 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:56 AM

Anderson .... he's like a bollock itch that just won't go away, but you hope that if you leave it long enough it'll go on it's own accord. It rarely does.

I find it very strange how his name keeps cropping up !!!!

Thought the place was rocking Jerome ???

Or is it the boat , that is being rocked at the moment ? ?

Edited by Waggy76, 23 May 2012 - 09:08 AM.

#3573 dr who true blue

dr who true blue

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:57 AM

So rovers are going to stay Stagnant for one month while every club in the championship rebuild and plan for next season what a fecking joke.

#3574 A cup of beans

A cup of beans

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2393 posts

So the club remains rudderless for the bulk of the close season with no direction on or off the field and the squad in desperate need of rebuilding.

Prepare for another relegation.

It's based on Cryer's inside info, Jim.
The same man who said "Kean sacked. according to sources"
duped by a fake SSN twitter account.
Even when his info is right, he still changes his mind as often as his underpants!
"It´s gonna be a long season in Gotham City. Still no sign of Batman but the Joker is here and can´t get rid. Even Robin would do a lot of help. Ruben? "

#3575 El Tombro

El Tombro

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4212 posts

A month?

Venkys are an absolute joke. They actually have no idea what they are doing.

To be fair it may well be down to the club being sold or a replacement manager being sourced.

To me I think this confirms they're planning on removing him. Depends what the SSN interview comes back with. If he's staying on for sure then they'll come out and say so. I'm certain of that.

I think this could be good news, actually. Anyone know what time the SSN interview is?

#3576 A cup of beans

A cup of beans

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2393 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:59 AM

I think this could be good news, actually. Anyone know what time the SSN interview is?

Around 10am. I read.

#3577 RibbleValleyRover

RibbleValleyRover

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8538 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:00 AM

Intro to the interview just now, saying his future is still up in the air.

Full interview on now!

Edited by RibbleValleyRover, 23 May 2012 - 09:01 AM.

#3578 davulsukur

davulsukur

Champions League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2280 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

To be fair it may well be down to the club being sold or a replacement manager being sourced.

To me I think this confirms they're planning on removing him. Depends what the SSN interview comes back with. If he's staying on for sure then they'll come out and say so. I'm certain of that.

Not bad shouts, but if they are planning to remove him they must have some idea as to who they are bringing in? Shouldn't take a month to find another manager.
TEIAM - Problem Solved

#3579 adopted scouser

adopted scouser

World Cup

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6825 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

Showing solidarity with Kean, cut all his hair off

#3580 brfcjon

brfcjon

Premier League

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:03 AM

a)the club is being offloaded completing project "asset strip"

b)they let the proces drag on in order to reduce the fan/critical momentum because they either
b1) are not done milking or
b2) they are unbelievably stupid and talentless and actually think sticking with Kean makes either sporting or financial sense

c) they are selling the club because despite their best efforts they realise they can't succeed in making Rovers a top EPL football club

I think something dodgy is going on. And I cant for the life of me understand how no one other than sportinginteligence has been able to scratch that surface

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Legal Information

All content is copyright of its respective posters and may not be representative of the views of BRFCS Ltd, its staff, volunteers, members, sponsors or advertisers. Content on the public forums of this site is not pre-moderated. If you feel that any content is defamatory or constitutes harassment, or that it contravenes the site posting guidelines, or that it may result in the site or its owners, volunteers, users or members facing legal action, you should alert BRFCS immediately either by using the REPORT function available on every post or by sending an email to admin@brfcs.com with details of the content in question.

Note that this site uses cookies. As the site does not function without cookies, any use of the site implies consent for us to use them. Under new European law, BRFCS is required to disclose how these cookies are used. Please see our privacy policy for more information.

BRFCS Ltd. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07315781.