BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Kean's Future Set To Be Discussed

So the club remains rudderless for the bulk of the close season with no direction on or off the field and the squad in desperate need of rebuilding.

Prepare for another relegation.

It's based on Cryer's inside info, Jim.

The same man who said "Kean sacked. according to sources"

duped by a fake SSN twitter account.

Even when his info is right, he still changes his mind as often as his underpants!

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the club remains rudderless for the bulk of the close season with no direction on or off the field and the squad in desperate need of rebuilding.

Prepare for another relegation.

We won't even stand a chance next season.

Who the hell is going to handle out going transfers when clubs come in for players like N'Zonzi, Robbo etc?

To be fair it may well be down to the club being sold or a replacement manager being sourced.

To me I think this confirms they're planning on removing him. Depends what the SSN interview comes back with. If he's staying on for sure then they'll come out and say so. I'm certain of that.

I think this could be good news, actually. Anyone know what time the SSN interview is?

Not bad shouts, but if they are planning to remove him they must have some idea as to who they are bringing in? Shouldn't take a month to find another manager.

a)the club is being offloaded completing project "asset strip"

b)they let the proces drag on in order to reduce the fan/critical momentum because they either

b1) are not done milking or

b2) they are unbelievably stupid and talentless and actually think sticking with Kean makes either sporting or financial sense

c) they are selling the club because despite their best efforts they realise they can't succeed in making Rovers a top EPL football club

I think something dodgy is going on. And I cant for the life of me understand how no one other than sportinginteligence has been able to scratch that surface

Venky says:

In total shock at relegation and still reflecting on the whole thing as a club.

Honest discussion with SK. We have to come back at any cost.

Still everything is in discussion with players, manager etc. In the next month, will be in a position to talk about SK.

Kindly bear with us and the whole thing will be clearer.

That tells us nothing.

My guess is that they're in the process of negotiating a sale. Why else would they wait for another 4 weeks?

By the way, he looked pretty ill and under immense pressure.

Not the self-assured, smiling Venky we saw in the early days.

Well if he was staying Kean would have demanded that they back him publicly. I think, after seeing how uncomfortable he was in the interview just now, Kean WILL NOT be manager next season. If he was going to be manager Kean would have shouted it from the rooftops by now and Venky's would have given him a vote of confidence.

Kean won't be happy with that interview and I think the extra time is to decide on the pay off/other position.

Venky says:

In total shock at relegation and still reflecting on the whole thing as a club.

Honest discussion with SK. We have to come back at any cost.

Still everything is in discussion with players, manager etc. In the next month, will be in a position to talk about SK.

This would of course involve spending money. Is it going to happen ? Perish the thought.

Having watched the interview I can only hope that the lack of action on Venkys part means they are abandoning ship and hoping another party comes in to sort out the mess.

We are in confusion. We have to think about the manager, the players and the club.

My take on this, is that they are looking for a way out. I think they are open to offers. Nothing else adds up.

Could it be that there is a plan to sell, and then they feel they have no reason to sack Kean - just leave that to the new owners to foot the bill?

Trouble is we can't afford a preseason with no direction or with the Deluded One in charge.

Here's a few thoughts/hypothetical scenarios.

1) Kean is a gonner. As part of the severance package, Kean/Anderson get to negotiate the sale of our top players that no longer want to be with us. They promise to get top dollar for all want away players over the next month, take their cut and walk away.

2) Above scenario but with the twist that the club is being sold and they want to raise as much cash as possible to take from the club before selling, leaving with a nice little profit after 18 months.

3) They are skint and can't afford to get rid of until they raise some funds from a fire sale.

4) They are in discussions with potential successers to Kean and are trying to put pressure on them to lower their demands befopre installing them and replacing Kean.

5) They are not getting rid of Kean, they are not selling, they don't know what they are doing or haven't yet been told what they should do.

Archived