Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Alan Myers - director of communications

Tom

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...
  • Backroom

Alan Myers was seen looking fit and well sat next to Derek Shaw last night.

Not sure what has gone on with him personally in the last 12 months but if he is back at work we need a bit of communication as the club at the moment, top to bottom, is an absolute shambles.

Well nobody has communicated with me to ask why I haven't renewed my season ticket. Surely, that should be the first job. To find out why they are losing customers. It's what all big companies do. I've have texts and emails from all sorts of people asking why I haven't used their product recently but nothing at all from rovers

Well nobody has communicated with me to ask why I haven't renewed my season ticket. Surely, that should be the first job. To find out why they are losing customers. It's what all big companies do. I've have texts and emails from all sorts of people asking why I haven't used their product recently but nothing at all from rovers

That is very poor form. Decent companies would red flag that up straight away and find out why you haven't renewed.

Fans Forum - Monday 20th July 2015 - Alan Myers present.

ND stated that there was a lot of negativity about the role of the club’s

owners and that this was to a great extent because of a lack of

communication with fans. AM replied that the owners were determined to

keep a low profile at the present time but fans should be assured that

they were very much behind the club and the town.

After some discussion it was decided that a way forward would be for the

Fans Forum to write to the owners to encourage them to communicate

more with the fans. It was agreed that TS and JW would draft a letter to

be agreed by other Forum members and that AM would ensure that it got

to the owners. BP offered to provide a Hindi translation as well.

So I'm confused here. Venkys are employing a communications director to assist with communication, and yet they are 'determined to keep a low profile at the present time'. Why are they paying someone to assist with communication if they have made the decision that they are keeping a 'low profile'? Surely that makes Myers' position redundant?

Why are Fans Forum members having to draft a letter themselves for Myers to send to the owners? Is this not part of Myers' job?

Why doesn't Myers just get on the phone to the owners, tell them about the concerns from the fans and propose a way of dealing with that using his expertise in PR?

Did anyone ask Myers if he's commercial director now and if so what does that entail and how and why does he feel he's qualified for that job. Also the raging obvious million dollar question, did anyone ask him why he came in as director of comms but never actually communicates anything. Also did anyone ask him " aren't you actually just taking the @#/? Alan ?"

The owners "determined to keep a low profile".

Then why buy (and ruin) a football club? Why turn up when the Queen is in town, hardly a low-profile event?

AM is yet another on the gravy train insulting supporters' intelligence with these statements.

Not that we've ever seen much of them or heard anything at all from them why the sudden complete low profile ? Ready to quietly sneak away at the end of the season ? More likely they've just completely lost interest and are leaving things to be run by their finance people and our finance director.

Fans Forum - Monday 20th July 2015 - Alan Myers present.

ND stated that there was a lot of negativity about the role of the club’s

owners and that this was to a great extent because of a lack of

communication with fans. AM replied that the owners were determined to

keep a low profile at the present time but fans should be assured that

they were very much behind the club and the town.

After some discussion it was decided that a way forward would be for the

Fans Forum to write to the owners to encourage them to communicate

more with the fans. It was agreed that TS and JW would draft a letter to

be agreed by other Forum members and that AM would ensure that it got

to the owners. BP offered to provide a Hindi translation as well.

So I'm confused here. Venkys are employing a communications director to assist with communication, and yet they are 'determined to keep a low profile at the present time'. Why are they paying someone to assist with communication if they have made the decision that they are keeping a 'low profile'? Surely that makes Myers' position redundant?

Why are Fans Forum members having to draft a letter themselves for Myers to send to the owners? Is this not part of Myers' job?

Why doesn't Myers just get on the phone to the owners, tell them about the concerns from the fans and propose a way of dealing with that using his expertise in PR?

Fans should be assured they are very much behind the club and the town???

Did somebody not rip his head off as soon as he uttered that statement? If not then I can only surmise that the FF are a bunch of pussies as well.

That sums up this club in a sentence- there is no challenge to anything that gets done at any level any more.Shrug of the shoulders and on we go . Quiet life resumed.

What a load of absolute bullocks .

So fundamentally is that his role? Attending the FF? Burgling a living that fella. And whilst we are at it , what exactly does that mute R Coar do at this club? 5 years of terror and the guy who has sat through all the good times didn't utter a single word.

Any wonder we are in the soft stuff??

Did anyone ask Myers if he's commercial director now and if so what does that entail and how and why does he feel he's qualified for that job. Also the raging obvious million dollar question, did anyone ask him why he came in as director of comms but never actually communicates anything. Also did anyone ask him " aren't you actually just taking the @#/? Alan ?"

He's obviously employed to make sure nothing leaks out of Ewood.

His job title should be Anti Communications Director.

Why haven't the club been in touch with fans who didn't renew? Very basic job for a commercial director.

If he has nothing to do all day couldn't he get a pot of paint out and do some decorating at Ewood? But of course I wouldn't want him to take the job of a proper tradesman.

For the amount I have read we pay Shaw, and guess we pay Myers - I can't believe that it has been over a year since the club released a statement detailing the intent of the owners and the club.

Every one of us with a season ticket this year has done so without anyone at the club setting out any sort of vision or plan.

I think it is a good idea that the owners don't do TV interviews, but a statement through the communications director saying they will keep funding the club for the long-term would have settled quite a lot of fear mongering that has gone on this summer.

Why haven't the club been in touch with fans who didn't renew? Very basic job for a commercial director.

If he has nothing to do all day couldn't he get a pot of paint out and do some decorating at Ewood? But of course I wouldn't want him to take the job of a proper tradesman.

The attitude of the club towards the fans now seems to be take it or leave it, if they want to come they'll come if not feck em ! Run by outsiders who's passions and allegiances are with other clubs and City's so they couldn't give a toss, just a job.

Just checked and on the Rovers site and he is listed as Commercial & Communications Director: Alan Myers

http://www.rovers.co.uk/club/whoswho/

Good to see he recovered from his illness so well he can now double up on jobs. Perhaps it was because he had feck all to do as just Communications.

Also the idiots in Pune think they are saving a wage but have actually got someone who can probably do neither job.

If he's never been a Commercial Director of a football club before that's a non issue - he can learn on the job just like the Manager is trying but failing to do.

What a complete FU we are.

It wouldn't make a bit of difference.

People may purport to care what they say, but at the end if the day it's what they do that matters.

Plus- anything the club says will be responded to negatively by many fans so what the point of them even trying? Keep a low profile, make correct decisions when you need to and keep signing those cheques and credit agreements with BOI.

If we had someone in the club who we knew was 100% qualified for his role and had the best interests of the club and fans at heart - the situation would have a light at the end of the tunnel.

At current we do not. Slagging off some director whose employed by the real problem? Waste of energy.

Idiots the lot of them. We are so close to the richest football clubs in the world but our leaders think they can serve up this garbage.

That Robert Coar should be hounded out of Ewood, brings nothing to the table.

Q. What do criminals do?

A. They keep their heads down.

Archived