SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Summer Transfers - In & Out

• Replies 976
  • Created
  • Last Reply

keep Eastwood as number 2. Raya Martin as 3rd choice

loan Kean out

Eastwood cant catch and kick the ball at 24 years of age................ so your asking for miracles for him to start doing it at 25.

The fans should hold back on their season ticket purchases if the club intend to keep inferior players like this for such a key position on their books for next season.

The fans should hold back on their season ticket purchases if the club intend to keep inferior players like this for such a key position on their books for next season.

will you be getting a season ticket or renewing your season ticket next season

Must admit I was not happy to see Eastwood given a new deal. From what I have seen he is poor and I can't even see that he will ever become good. With the performances he has put in surely we didn't need to tie him down to a 2 year deal - who would swoop for him?

I also didn't like noises I heard about him having connections with one of our coaches as being a reason for the deal - reminded me of the transfer policy from our dark past.

That said I am definitely renewing my season ticket.

quick look through PL players out of contract in summer http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/spieler/vertragsende/basics.html , a couple of interesting players which maybe would fall into our wage bracket ? Goalkeeper's Mark Bunn (although looks like he has the option of another 12 months ) Keiron Westwood Right Back's , Billy Jones , Dedryk Boyata ............ not great but better than what we have

Frankly im excited to see who else bowyer will unearth for peanuts. Track record suggests he will find three. Has done in each of the last two windows. Hope they are a keeper, a rb (on top of retaining Keane) and a powerful midfielder. Striking options of Gestede, Rhodes, King, Dunn , Varney are strong at this level. Wouldn't say no to one more of quality though.

vital to improving is finding a central midfield partnership that can consistently dominate teams. Both Evans and Cairney need to work on their physical game but could do it. Weak in the air though which is a big problem at this level. Suspect for this reason Cairney will struggle to get games in the centre.

Keeper is make or break for us. None of our are solid enough.

The three key areas we need to strengthen are another natural striker to bring on for a goal or to come in when one of the front two are injured and also to put pressure on their places, 46 games is a long time and Rudy and Jordan will have barren spells. We also need another central midfielder unless Etuhu gets himself fit which I wouldn't count on and obviously a right back is a must.

Ideal Scenario

Out: Best, Olsson, Rochina, Orr, Marrow, Morris, Songo'o, Slew, Etuhu, DJ, Judge, Taylor

Send Back: Feeney, Dabo, Varney

Try and keep Keane

IN:

Defenders: John Brayford or James Tavernier at right back

Midfield: Aaron Doran, Jonathan Williams if Williams is an unrealistic target then Adam Clayton

Strikers: One of Billy McKay, Federico Macheda and Chris O'Grady.

I'd also promote the lad O'Connell to the first team, also does anyone know if he can play at left back. And I'd also keep Goodwillie on the books and use him as 4th choice striker, because if we are going to play 4-4-2 then over 46 games we will need 4 strikers and I know people have said about King but I would much rather see him on the wing he is far more dangerous out there.

Why do people keep suggesting that we sign and promote yet more young players and youth players straight into the first team?

We are crying out for experience. The main 2 targets should be a potential captain and a leader at centre back, someone like Hudson at Cardiff, and also an experienced right back. We have plenty of players who are young, the team and manager lack a backbone and a sense of leadership.

We also need a left back to challenge Spurr, a sub striker and perhaps an experienced midfielder who can keep the ball.

Why do people keep suggesting that we sign and promote yet more young players and youth players straight into the first team?

We are crying out for experience. The main 2 targets should be a potential captain and a leader at centre back, someone like Hudson at Cardiff, and also an experienced right back. We have plenty of players who are young, the team and manager lack a backbone and a sense of leadership.

We also need a left back to challenge Spurr, a sub striker and perhaps an experienced midfielder who can keep the ball.

Agreed, except I see Midfield as the priority for quality, RB second and CH for cover.

Damien Duff will be available soon :blink:

That would be interesting, expensive wages for a couple of years but we at least know he'd put the effort in, just a question of injuries ?

Imagine if he was fit how many he could set up for Rhodes and Rudy in this league, he's a very clever player and a class act still.

Just been looking he turned 35 last month, looks like he wants to go abroad(maybe USA) before returning to Ireland, so not much

chance of coming back to Lancs.

What about Danny Murphy? He's got bags of it. Or bags of something.

Mind you Etuhu played pretty well when he came on against QPR. There's a chance we'll be seeing a lot more of him next season. Amarillo wants Evans and Cairney in the middle next season. Do either of them have the ability to protect the back four? Not even the big winning teams play without a defensive type of midfielder.

Evans is a defensive midfielder.

Amarillo wants Evans and Cairney in the middle next season. Do either of them have the ability to protect the back four? Not even the big winning teams play without a defensive type of midfielder.

Evans is a box-to-box midfielder but still a defensive-minded player. He can tidy things up, keep it simple, and allow Cairney to put his foot on the ball. Playing with two ultra-conservative, technically limited players in Lowe & Williamson pays too much respect to the opposition in this division, when they should be worrying about us.

I wouldn't want rid of Songo'o, he has been ross county best player since January, hes an absolute beast at the back for them. Headers, pace hes like Samba when he first came oh and hes off to the world cup!

Is he on Eurosport's commentary team?

Archived