SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Yorke And The Fans

chris

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don`t kid yourself that Perryman was the only racist in the crowd last Sunday.

I would guess that around 10% of those in the ground on Sunday have used the word `P*ki` to refer to asians, or `N*gger` to refer to black people (you know the words I mean).

Racism is still rife a global scale, Perryman is the tip of a very large iceberg.

Very True. But unfortunatly for him, he got caught on Sky TV.

To be honest i think the fine and the ban is abit light. The lad has admitted to what he has done so surely he should of been banned for life from ewood. Also maybe a suspended sentance or even some community service.

The punishment was probably a little harsh given his apparent regret, and considering that other professional footballers have ended up with just 100 hours community service for far worse racial crimes.

I think its nailed on that Rovers will announce their own measures against Perryman now that the criminal proceedings are over.

So he is sorry for his actions? Thats doesnt make it right does it.

Im suprised he only got what he did. £1000 fine is not alot, considering how much police costs alone would be.

Its hardly like he burgled an old lady or killed somebody is it. What have those who assaulted Abbey relative in the hospital car park got ??? Nothing yet, as the police have been led by the media to spend a large amount of resource on this crime. Fact is, he pleaded guilty which then further reduces costs all round, as no witnesses to call, no expensive trial, and not a lot of extra paperwork and time. Costs of investigation is NOT a factor in length of potential sentences.

Its a fairly hefty fine for a 22 year old for which appears to have been a first offence. Allied that with the nationwide shame he now has to face, he'll probably end up with far greater punishment from society in general, and possible loss of employment Which he deserves.

Compare this, with the punishment Woodgate and Co got for racial assault.

I would guess that around 10% of those in the ground on Sunday have used the word `P*ki` to refer to asians, or `N*gger` to refer to black people (you know the words I mean).

or Br*t to refer to somebody British

The word "brit" contains none of the overtly racist (as opposed to racial) connotations contained in "p*ki" or "n*gger", therefore to try and compare them is disingenuous. It was largely coined by the British, and is a simple contraction of the same (as is "p*ki", but the negative connotations which have come to be associated with that contraction are what makes the word offensive, and the fact that it is a term which originated from the white majority to describe an ethnic minority)

Edited by Morph

or Br*t to refer to somebody British

The word "brit" contains none of the overtly racist (as opposed to racial) connotations contained in "p*ki" or "n*gger", therefore to try and compare them is disingenuous. It was largely coined by the British, and is a simple contraction of the same (as is "p*ki", but the negative connotations which have come to be associated with that contraction are what makes the word offensive, and the fact that it is a term which originated from the white majority to describe an ethnic minority)

No but P*Ki is short for Pakistani just like Brit is short for British

Oh and don't forget N*gger is short for Nigerian

rolleyes.gif

Those 2 words aren't racist in the slightest

[/sarcasm]

I can't believe all the hysteria over this. Granted it happened only a few days after the Spain v England match which hasn't helped the situation. But IMO Sullivan has a point.

I could name thousands of worse things to happen to me than being racially abused, I'm not saying it's OK because of that, but headline news FFS. People are being raped, murdered, Kids abused and that gets ignored because of some drunken idiot and a footballer who doesn't have the sense to warm up away from the oppositions sense, which IMO is common sense.

Although Racism has no place in football, I think there is a massive difference between what happened in Spain and Ewood. The abuse in Spain was aimed at players specifically because they were black, whereas Yorke was abused because of his lazy attitude whilst at Rovers which unfortunately turned into alleged monkey actions.

What would have happened if a black supporter had called Matt Jansen a 'white Ba***rd', would this be headline news. What about the Cardiff & Swansea supporters calling the English. Is this not racism????

Why is one worse than the other?????

Yorke is a professional and he should of known better than to go near the blackburn end and also he should of known not to approach the blackburn end supporters.

If i was Yorke and i was getting called lazy, yet still getting paid x amount of thousands of £'s a week id just laugh my head off at the supporters singing at me.

I'm intrigued to know how they plan on imposing this 5 year ban from all grounds. In 12 months surely he could walk down to the Ewood ticket office and pay cash for a ticket, how would they know who he is!!

He could give a different name if that was required. I really don't see how this can be enforced.

never "made up" stories of racist taunts. Why would he start now? And we know he didn't.

Never reported any either though did he American - even though it did happen and far worse than what happened on Sunday - so who is bearing the grudge now.

All in all the lad has got his just deserts for being an imbecile - a little harsh possibly as others have said considering what else goes on in life and football.

Yorke is far from innocent in this yet it his him who has come out of it 'whiter than white'so to speak - now is that racist??

Yorke is far from innocent in this yet it his him who has come out of it 'whiter than white'so to speak - now is that racist??

Well it appears that the guy pleaded guilty to racial abuse. Now that that's been cleared up, surely Yorke had every right to confront that person.

What is he guilty of?

Well it appears that the guy pleaded guilty to racial abuse. Now that that's been cleared up, surely Yorke had every right to confront that person.

What is he guilty of?

Legally speaking - nothing

The Fa of course should charge him for entering the field of play with the permission of the referee dry.gif

And Ethically speaking there is the old "blowing it out of all proportion" offence. With Mr Bruce his co-accused, The Tabloid press and News corporations are also accessories to this "crime"

In Birmingham, from next year, the word Christmas will be banned. The word Winterville will be used instead.

There will also be no Father Christmas' or Santa's Grotto's as they are deemed offensive to ethnic minorities.

I kid you not.

No i think youre being kided (? is that a word?)

They tried Winterval a couple of years ago, much to the derision of all of Birmingham except for the small minority of PC ###### that I have grown to know and love due to working around and with local councils.

(not allowed to call accident black spots, black spots anymore)

Ethnic groups were amazed and a little worried as they

a)didnt give a stuff about what december 25th was called

b)recognised it as what it is a comercial frenzy, losely based on a religious thing; and

c) were worried that if the council "banned" Christmas the next logical step was to ban all religious festivals

Just the Evening Mail getting its knickers in a twist me thinks.

What is he guilty of?

Legally speaking - nothing

The Fa of course should charge him for entering the field of play with the permission of the referee dry.gif

And Ethically speaking there is the old "blowing it out of all proportion" offence. With Mr Bruce his co-accused, The Tabloid press and News corporations are also accessories to this "crime"

I think Bruce went about it the wrong way, as I said at the beginning of all this. The after match press conference wasn't the right place to bring that up. The media certainly went to town with the story, everyone would agree with that.

As for Yorke - well it appears as though he was quite aggressively and publically, racially abused. He went over to ask the guy to stop. It might not have been the best way of going about it, as David Sullivan was saying, but let's not try to make out that Yorke was a villain of this episode.

Sorry about that

I should have known that hearing it on ITV it would be incorrect

Although I have been informed by somebody that lives in Birmingham that there will definately be no Father Christmas next year, again that may or may not be true. Hopefully not smile.gif

or `N*gger` to refer to black people (you know the words I mean).

lets have it right what do these black rappers call one another....

my nigga!!!!!!s

so its ok for them to call it themselves but not for us to call them what they call themselves...the mind boggles.

or `N*gger` to refer to black people (you know the words I mean).

lets have it right what do these black rappers call one another....

my nigga!!!!!!s

so its ok for them to call it themselves but not for us to call them what they call themselves...the mind boggles.

Yes Abbey, I reckon it is. Much like the gay community appropriating previously derogatory terms such as "queer", the black community have appropriated the term "nigga", and in so doing have, in effect, turned a word previously loaded with negative overtones into a badge of honour. Despite the "sticks and stones" arguement put forward by some in the wake of recent events, racism is essentially a conceptual thing, dependant in large part on language for its transmission. By adopting a previously racist epithet as a term of respect, you nulify the potency of that word, and in part the potency of the concept which underpinned its original intent. Doesn't mean we can use the term though.

Edited by Morph

Blown out of all bloody proportion this, does me noggin in.

Just showed them on NorthWest tonight running down the steps of Blackburn Mags with jackets pulled over their heads, press photographers giving chase.

Would that other more serious crimes/issues were given such expediency:

ie

Child cruelty investigated

Child protection officers are trying to find out why they didn't know about a couple who were slowly starving their children to death in a terraced house in Sheffield. When police were finally called in June officers said they were nearly sick because of the smell. They found five children living in squalor while their parents sat in a high tec and clean living room.

Stories of real tragedy are relatively unannounced, yet two lads plssed up taunt a footballer and it's in every newspaper, every radio bulletin, news programmes on terrestrial and satellite and discussed on numerous radio phone-ins.

Why ?

Because as a society we are obsessed by race. Why do you think the Chief Constable acted so swiftly ? Eager to prove that the police in east lancashire aren't institutionally racist like their cousins in the Met.

"Sir, things are looking bad at Ewood Park"

"Fire ? Riot ? Civil Disorder ?"

"Even more serious than that Sir, some kid took the plss out of Dwight Yorke"

"Christ - get every man on it. Hunt this deviant down with everything we've got, load up the 'darkly shaded' black marijah's, ask Tony Parkes to help, he's probably got nowt to do. Do whatever you've got to do and GET THEM"

** Two arrested**

Chief Constable whispers to Chief Superintendent behind back of hand:

Thank god for that.... wonder how the press will think we performed.....

Edited by adopted scouser

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.