BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bolton 0 Rovers 1

1864roverite Posted on Dec 27 2004, 10:27

jim

have you been dressed as santa this chrimbo ?

or have you not just had any cup of cheer or sherry ?

you really need to have a dose of optimism instead of doomism for once.

Happy New Year

I agree, over the past two months the boy's performances have been markedly better than the tripe served to the fans over the past 18 months, and yet there is no faith in the team.

I ask you, what's the point in "supporting" a team, such as you claim, when all you do is criticise and demoralise. Wake up to yourself.

Blackburn 2 - Bolton 1

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to be a tough game this one with set pieces a big worry. However, 1 defeat in 9 and as people have pointed out, we have been the better team in most. Yesterday was enjoyable and i have to say im not exactly looking forward to tommorows wind and predictable railway nightmares but a win would make my christmas. I think we need to keep in mind the fact that we have 3 games now in 7 days and its going to be impossible to not shuffle the team around a bit, i think we should start this tommorow then at the same time as giving some players a rest, it gives hughes a chance to get a picture in his mind for villa, rather than starting the 11 that played yesterday and then they are all knackered by saturday and he wont know what to do.

Assuming reid and bothroyd are injured.....

Friedel

Neill Todd Johannsonn Matteo

Emerton Thompson Ferguson Pedersen (oh the risk)

Stead Gallagher

Subs...enckleman, douglas, johnson, Amoruso, dickov

Therefore not 'dropping' dickov but resting him, he isnt young afterall and the way he runs 2 games in 3 days is a bit much. At the same time hughes gets to see a gally/stead partnership.

Going to be a tough game this one with set pieces a big worry. However, 1 defeat in 9 and as people have pointed out, we have been the better team in most. Yesterday was enjoyable and i have to say im not exactly looking forward to tommorows wind and predictable railway nightmares but a win would make my christmas. I think we need to keep in mind the fact that we have 3 games now in 7 days and its going to be impossible to not shuffle the team around a bit, i think we should start this tommorow then at the same time as giving some players a rest, it gives hughes a chance to get a picture in his mind for villa, rather than starting the 11 that played yesterday and then they are all knackered by saturday and he wont know what to do.

Assuming reid and bothroyd are injured.....

Friedel

Neill Todd Johannsonn Matteo

Emerton Thompson Ferguson Pedersen (oh the risk)

Stead Gallagher

Subs...enckleman, douglas, johnson, Amoruso, dickov

Therefore not 'dropping' dickov but resting him, he isnt young afterall and the way he runs 2 games in 3 days is a bit much. At the same time hughes gets to see a gally/stead partnership.

Its a good point that, we have one of the largest squads in the division at the moment so we could rotate a bit.

Pedersen, Gallagher, Gray, Jansen, Tugay etc. are all capable of putting in a game without performing awfully. Major benefits could be reaped from using fresh legs.

How many tickets have Rovers been given?

Rovers were given 3000 tickets in total. 1000 being on the lower and 2000 on the upper.

On the official site, the lower tier is sold out, but the upper tier isn't sold out. I'm not surprised as the price for an adult on the upper tier is £35.

Warning to everyone travelling by car

This is lancashire

"Police are warning that, along with football fans, thousands of shoppers are also likely to be heading in the direction of the Middlebrook to take advantage of sales.

Roadworks on De Havilland Way have been suspended over Christmas to allow for better traffic flow and police have been given assurances that extra trains have been scheduled to run between Bolton Station and Horwich Parkway.

A Greater Manchester Police spokesman said: "Anyone going to the game should remember it will be busier than a normal matchday.

"Not only do we have extra traffic coming from Blackburn, but we're also expecting a high number of shoppers.

"If possible, we would urge people to consider taking a train."

Hi all...looking forward for tomorrows game against Bolton. Here's my starting eleven:

Friedel

Neill

Todd

Johansson or Amoruso if fit

Gray (not matteo, shame that Spector isn't ready until 1st january i'd pick him)

Emerton

Thompson

Ferguson

Pedersen (Reid is injured and we need to try something new, give the lad a chance)

Stead (looked lively, just need to score, if he fails after 60mins put on Gally)

Dickov

Subs:

Matteo or McEvely

Gallacher

Flitcroft

Jemal Johnson (former Man UTD lad)

Enckelman

looking forward for the signings of Mokoena and probably Hartson.

what do you say?

Hi all...looking forward for tomorrows game against Bolton. Here's my starting eleven:

Friedel

Neill

Todd

Johansson or Amoruso if fit

Gray (not matteo, shame that Spector isn't ready until 1st january i'd pick him)

Emerton

Thompson

Ferguson

Pedersen (Reid is injured and we need to try something new, give the lad a chance)

Stead (looked lively, just need to score, if he fails after 60mins put on Gally)

Dickov

Subs:

Matteo or McEvely

Gallacher

Flitcroft

Jemal Johnson (former Man UTD lad)

Enckelman

looking forward for the signings of Mokoena and probably Hartson.

what do you say?

Well for what it's worth [not much], that midfield would struggle to get a kick against a bolton side who are very direct. Getting the ball on the ground long enough to play, is difficult against the trotters.

Gray has no chance and to be fair to Matteo, he hasn't done too badly recently.

There may be an argument to include Amoruso against Bolton, because of their insistence at getting the ball into the oppositions area, but Nissa has done nothing wrong - yet! It's only a matter of time though. ohmy.gif

Hughes may toy with the idea to go with one up front tomorrow.

Good tester for us, eventhough Bolton are going through a sticky patch they are always a hassle to play against- wonder if Hughes will mix it up for this one and maybe give 1 or 2 players a rest. Probably cant take that risk.

Wonder if this game will see the battle of the set piece kings! Bolton well known for their good set pieces and we always look such a threat from ours......

I've got a sneaky feeling about this one. Although it'd be good to see MGP get a run out, I don't think that'd it would be a wise move against a rough opposition like Bolton. I expect Thommo to come in for Reidy and maybe Gally in for Stead? I really think that we'll nick it-I'll go for:

Bolton 1 Rovers 2

Okocha Ferguson

Neil

This is a really massive game for us. Not only is it a derby game which teams are always up for, i think its a great chance for 3 points. Notlob are starting to get found out with their continual long ball and i think our defenders are well equiped to deal with it, (see palace away, huge long balls from palace, 1 shot on target for them all game). We have a big away support which should give them the backing we need to get the 3 points. What also needs to get taken into consideration is the fact that all our relegation rivals have difficult games and must be presumed not to pick up many points. A Rovers win, not only gives us a slight gap, but also drags Bolton back into the mire and start them looking over their shoulders. I for 1 am really looking forward to this game and i predict,

Bolton 1-2 Rovers

Dicov and Bazza with the goals, in front of 28,000.

C'mon the lads tinykit.gif

My team would be:

FRIEDEL (Obvious choice)

NEILL (Put Gardener in the stands)

JOHANSSON (Look to keep Vaz Te under wraps)

TODD (Will relish tussle with Davies)

MATTEO (Dodgy I know but experienced. Although suffered a 5-0 drubbing last time at the Reebok! sad.gif Diouf could be danger man)

THOMPSON (I would like to see MGP but Hughesy will favour Thommo)

FLITCROFT (Kick Jay-Jay and Campo early doors laugh.gif )

FERGUSON © (Ferguson vs. Speed whoever wins I believe their team will win)

EMERTON (Could do damage against Ceaser)

DICKOV (I think Ben Haim and Jaidi wont know what's hit them)

STEAD (I hope he scores, deserves it for his efforts this season)

subs

PEDERSEN (May get his chance, still unsure whether Thommo can go the whole 90)

GALLAGHER (possibly for Stead if things are even or going pear shaped)

McEVELEY ( May come on depending on how dodgy Matteo is)

ENCKLEMAN (Obvious replacement)

JOHNSON (Would be a good experience for him, more would be gained by putting him in the squad instead of risking Bothroyd)

Ref

ROB STYLES (Refereed against Liverpool and Fulham and did a good job both times imo so hopefully he will not bring about any controversy)

What are the odds on another draw? Another big game for Rovers, in their only local derby, seeing as Burnley are rotting elsewhere. Bolton haven't been playing well, but we have failed to beat them since our return to the Premiership and tomorrow would be a great time to set the record straight.

Whilst Bolton have recently hit a slump, a result for Rovers shouldn't be taken for granted as Big Sam is bound to attempt to pump up his foreign legion for this local Lancashire derby and Kevin Davies always seems to be up for it when playing against Rovers.

However contrary to my previous comments I'm going for a 4 - 2 win to Rovers. Rovers goals from Stead, Gallagher, Ferguson and Pederson who comes on as sub for the last 15 minutes.

Bolton's goals from two players who Big Sam's signed in the summer from the Pheonix Club, Paddy & Max.

I'm going to put in a bet for us to win so it's better going to happen;) The other fixtures in my bet are home wins for Spurs and Boro, so it should be easy money then?

Rog Of The Rovers chose the squad pretty well. I'm just hoping that Thompson is ready to start if Reid is out, for he seems to be the man who can make some difference.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.