BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boro 1 - 0 Rovers.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rubbish, absolutely rubbish. Ridiculously inept formation and as toothless an attack as you're likely to find. This season just can't end quickly enough.

Our inactivity last Monday is going to really hurt us.

Edited by Rovermatt

Very dissapointing, our old habbit of not turning up for 1 half and then by the time we get going its too late. Dickov's header proved very costly, brilliant brad keeping us in it again.

Suggestion for hughes: Play 2 strikers, in a 4-4-2 formation. Because we cannot play for 0-0's and consideing we can't score too well with 2 strikers on the pitch, what makes you think we will win games with only 1?

We should have picked up something from this game its a point dropped in my opinion considering all the problems they have, Unless we start playing football again we will be dragged back into trouble!

Norwich winning only adds to the problem lets hope southampton lose to everton. Even palace are creating more than us! If we didn't have to beat norwich before today, we have to now. This could be the defining moment!

Edited by modes98

Crap. absolute pap.

We are missing decent strikers and a left back who knows how to play football.

Ferguson was toss for us and I am not interested in what he 'could' have done in the next few months, based on evidence he was tripe. would not have got us a goal today.

stead back and some much needed corner practice required asap!!!

going down...... mad.gif

Third straight 1-0 defeat.

The last seven Premiership games have finished 1-0 either way! ohmy.gif

Five goals from the last 11 Premiership games!! ohmy.gifohmy.gif

Need anyone comment any further?

Despite the obvious shortcomings of our front men it seems to me Hughes has tinkered with a formation (4-4-2) that was working reasonably well in order to go 4-5-1 to accomodate Todd and all his new signings Savage Nelsen and Moekena in the same line up.

We will go down playing 4-5-1. Stead is the only member of the playing staff with the attributes to possibly make a passable fist of playing as a lone striker but IMO 4-5-1 doesn't work, never has done, never will.

Why could only Rovers fans and not our board see that we desperately needed strenghtening up front?..finances should have been made available!!

Very worried where the goals are going to come from. sad.gif

We had a look at bringing someone in SG but "it did not prove possible"

So that's OK then. huh.gif

Why could only Rovers fans and not our board see that we desperately needed strenghtening up front?..finances should have been made available!!

Very worried where the goals are going to come from. sad.gif

Everyone can see that for gawd's sakes.

Doesn't mean we can necessarily get someone in, does it?

Norwich next weekend is a must-win-game. If we do, we are fairly safe.

But who's gonna score our goals??

Would like to see Gally alongside Dickov next match.. or Jemal J... Bothroyd & Stead are obviously not high on confidence at the moment. Wonder if they will score at all this season.

How many times have we been beaten 1-0 this season ?? Enough is enough, our strike force is clearly not premiership quality. I didn't think we'd suffer this much from it but now it's really starting to look like Hughes made a big mistake by not bringing in a striker. Things are starting to look grim now, thankfully we have that small gap between the relegation zone or I'd be really worried. If things continue like this we might very well be dragged back in it again though. sad.gif

I hope we don't live to regret not getting a striker in.

Been saying this for a while now but we were in the same boat in the first season back - couldn't score. The signing of Andy Cole gave everyone, including the other players, a massive lift. The problem we have now is that the team know that one single mistake means the game, because we never look like scoring more than one goal. That puts pressure on everyone

The worst attacl in the premier!! sad.gif

By an absolute mile I may add...

Norwich have Ashton and Huckerby (power, pace and skill)

West Brom have Kanu and Earnshaw (pace, creativity and a natural goalscorer)

Palace have Andy Johnson (15 goals on his own...nearly the same as our whole team)

When Harry Redknapp came to Southampton he said that the current team wouldn't even get them out of the Championship...I feel we're at that stage now because I look at teams down there and even they have better strike-forces than us. Plenty of people taking the p*** out of the Birmingham fan on here but they have Heskey, Morrisson and Pandiana...any of whom would walk into our team.

If we went with two strikers, preferably two from Dickov, Jansen and Stead, then I think that would be good enough to keep us up. 4-5-1 is insane with the players we have at our disposal.

What the hell is going on with Jansen anyway? None of this "he's past it blah blah blah" nonsense please, before Christmas he was starting games and scoring goals...wasn't Birmingham the last game he started...and didn't he score in that? So what since then has changed Hughes' mind about playing him? Sure as hell can't be the other players keeping him out of the team.

Edited by LeChuck

Assuming we can't bring anyone in who is out of contract, and we're "weeing with the willy we've got" for the rest of the season I think the only hope is to play Stead until one bounces in off his back side because I can only really see a combination of Stead + one other working.

I would be tempted to partner him with Jansen but then again I don't see how the latter is performing day in day out in training. He hasn't done badly on the rare occasions he has played though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.