BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bring On The Dingles

BRFC4EVA

On a side issue, I was telling my lad last night about the trips to Burnley in the early 70's in the Lancs Cup games and friendlies. Blackburn railway station was awash with hundreds of Rovers fans making their way to Burnley. If you imagine the number of people in the concourse under the Bburn End last night 15 mins prior to kick off, that was what the station was like. None of this "I'm going to sh!t myself so I'll go on the coach" rubbish. You just turned up in numbers and went. Service train or car. Never the coach. In those days, however, there were no "Nouveau Rovers fans" just local lads for whom the Burnley game meant everything.

Nice one.

Whatever happened to the legions of boys that used to follow Rovers home and away? The same ones who were referred to as 'mental' by the self styled nutters of Millwall in THAT seventies documentary?

Some of the old boys I talk to (in their 40's and 50's now) say they hate how the game has become more of a family event than a boys day out. They hanker for the poor football, old terraces and squalid conditions of yesteryear.

Jack Walker has so much to answer for... wink.gif

I really would have no idea biggrin.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As if demand will be that high

be serious

May be it will be or may be not.....I've always taken the view if you REALLY want to go make sure you're first in the queue. I've never failed to get a ticket for any game I wanted to see so I'd be in the queue if i wasn't going to be in Banbury.

Not having a go at you Dan... but a lot of people moan about not getting tickets when they won't put themselves out to get one.

Queueing at Ewood is like being with your extended family.

Queueing at The Turf Bog is being with your family(if you could think)

And while we're at it :

"Hitler made the autobahn to get his tanks into other countries...

The Department of Transport made the M65 to get the 80 Rovers Coaches safely to Turf Moor" ANON

be serious

May be it will be or may be not.....I've always taken the view if you REALLY want to go make sure you're first in the queue. I've never failed to get a ticket for any game I wanted to see so I'd be in the queue if i wasn't going to be in Banbury.

Not having a go at you Dan... but a lot of people moan about not getting tickets when they won't put themselves out to get one.

Fair point.

If I could be first down on Monday, I would. Ill openly admit to not going many this season (first time ive ever virtually missed a season) and this could be my downfall for not getting a ticket, lets hope I can.

If I had what I needed to get a ticket for monday, I would be down like a shot! cant wait for this, half my family are dingles, Ossy where im from has a fair share of the inbreds. Cant wait!

be serious

My philosphy exactly.

you could also get to Banbury a bit earlier and ring! Sure the que wont be that big! wink.gif

When it says you have to have a history of buying tickets on the database to get a ticket. What exactly does this mean, after all, you would be on the database if you bought a ticket for the worthy cup final but hadn't been back since, or does it mean you have to have bought a few tickets this yr to get 1 for Burnley?

Dont talk daft.

As long as they have you on their database you will get tickets easily, its just to stop any old person getting tickets.

I never have a problem getting the tickets

What's wrong with old people getting a ticket?

Nice one dan, strange to see a person calling HIS family inbreds! blink.gif

That side certainly is, joking ha ha.

One of my dads brothers decided to support BFC purely to be different, and my cousins are mainly BFC fans.

Best thing ever had to be the 5-0 stuffing, coming home, in the car just behind us was..... my uncle and cousins! cars stopped as we got out winding them out, couldnt have timed it any better

Dont talk daft.

As long as they have you on their database you will get tickets easily, its just to stop any old person getting tickets.

I never have a problem getting the tickets

What's wrong with old people getting a ticket?

pardon my use of words

by 'old' i meant any 'tom, dick and harry' as in when Scousers etc used to try get them at the BBN End windows, as long as your on the database and can answer a few questions you will be fine

It means that you must have been to at least 2 away games this season. There will be alot of supporters who come out of the woodwork to get tickets and leave those who go regulary without a one!!! I have been to every game home and away this season and some of my mates who dont go that often have asked me to get them a ticket, as much as I'd like to do them a favour . But I'll be letting them down. Never mind chin up!!!!

Only need 2 stubs for 2 days, then its Season Tickets, then open sale.

Im quietly confident of picking a fair few up when they go on open sale

YOu mean the purchase history of the open sale bit I presume.....

Depends on demand, if it has been very high through season tickets I'd expect them to want to have a recent purchase or two, if its not been Im sure they'd be more flexible.