BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bring On The Dingles

BRFC4EVA

Would of course mean that I wouldnt be guaranteed a ticket, despite going to 5 aways so far, and having a season ticket.

Because I didnt go to the Bournemouth game.

But still, Im sure the club will announce (cock it up) sooner or later.

My guess is that they will go for the seemingly standard ST holder with 2 away purchases this season.

Stu, you seem hell bent on going to this match. If you do get a ticket your in for a 'unique' experience. I went back in the 80's to a Manx cup match with my Dad - Big Stevie - and even he was scared. I've never seen anything like it. Blokes wielding baseball bats, bricks through the train window............It's like planet of the apes !

I dont believe you.

No way on this earth was big steve scared.

Nothing scares the iron man laugh.gif

NB - "big steve" was my PE teacher!!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pot, Kettle, black...are you unable to see its banter Longside?rolleyes.gif

Of course I can - hence my post, just a little more banter biggrin.gif

Of course I don't recall any cases of Burnley fans appearing in court for racially abusing a player so not sure its kettles and pots exactly wink.gif

Deleted, tasteless post, I won't rise to it.

Edited by USABlue

Would of course mean that I wouldnt be guaranteed a ticket, despite going to 5 aways so far, and having a season ticket.

My guess is that they will go for the seemingly standard ST holder with 2 away purchases this season.

Stu, you seem hell bent on going to this match. If you do get a ticket your in for a 'unique' experience. I went back in the 80's to a Manx cup match with my Dad - Big Stevie - and even he was scared. I've never seen anything like it. Blokes wielding baseball bats, bricks through the train window............It's like planet of the apes !

thats interesting mr hair because not to long ago, on this very board somebody was telling me it was the Blackburn fans who used to regularly turn over the Burnley fans in the hey day of football hooliganism

thats interesting mr hair because not to long ago, on this very board somebody was telling me it was the Blackburn fans who used to regularly turn over the Burnley fans in the hey day of football hooliganism

He didnt say who won!! wink.gif

He didnt say who won!! wink.gif

touche

By the way how would you lot feel if we make it 5 a side? We are down to (I think) 14 players, including 2 keepers.

3 people who have been automatic first team (if fit) have left (Blake to Brum, Chaplow to WBA and O'Connor back to WBA) so we may be struggling if we play it 11 a side

I'm sorry if this has already been mentioned but I seem to remember when we played at the DingleDome back in December 2000, you could only apply for tickets by post, maybe they will do the same this time around.

As for restrictions I think the fairest way is if priority is given to S/T holders who turned up to all 3 FA Cup games + 2 away league games.

Looks like we'll get around 4,000 tickets as that is how many Leeds have got for when they play there next week.

Digging out the teamlist for Sunday 17th December 2000...

Friedel

Curtis Berg Taylor Bjornebye

McAteer Dunn Flitcroft Duff

Hughes Bent

Subs: Filan Dailly Mahon Hignett Jansen

Possible line-up for 19th February 2005...

Friedel

Neill Todd Mokonea Matteo

Emerton Thompson Savage Pedersen

Dickov Gallagher

Subs: Enckleman Nelsen Tugay Flitcroft Stead

Which would side would you trust more to get the job done?

Digging out the teamlist for Sunday 17th December 2000...

Friedel

Curtis Berg Taylor Bjornebye

McAteer Dunn Flitcroft Duff

Hughes Bent

Subs: Filan Dailly Mahon Hignett Jansen

Possible line-up for 19th February 2005...

Friedel

Neill Todd Mokonea Matteo

Emerton Thompson Savage Pedersen

Dickov Gallagher

Subs: Enckleman Nelsen Tugay Flitcroft Stead

Which would side would you trust more to get the job done?

That's the most depressing post I've seen in years sad.gif

Position by position :

Friedal - has maybe slowed up a bit over the past few seasons but is now more experienced.

Neil vs Curtis - On his day Neil is a far better player than Curtis.... but lately these days have become more infrequent.

Berg/Taylor vs Todd/Mokonea - I'd prefer to have a 2000-vintage Berg even if Taylor was next to him.

Bjornebye vs Mattoe - Stig will always be a better left back.

McAteer vs Emerton - On paper you'd always choose Emerton. Yet McAteer played a blinder that day (apparently). Brett is inconsistent but if played on the right should give the team more drive and create more chances.

Thompson/Savage vs Dunn/Flitcroft - a 2000 vintage Dunn with healthy hamstrings playing in his first Burnley derby? Yes please. Savage probably gives more to the team now that Flitcroft did in 2000, but not by much.

Duff vs Pedersen - no brainer there.

Hughes/Bent vs Dickov/Gallagher - Crikey.

I'd like to read the 2000 match report to see how the team played and who were the better players on the pitch that day.

I thought in 2000 a few Rovers players actually froze at Turf Moor. Dunn and Duff spring to mind as being fairly quiet by their then standards. Hughes and Bent were also pretty inconspicuous. Flitcroft put a lot of work in and played well and McAteer was outstading. Defensively we were solid apart from when Payton tried to split Friedel in half with his studs.

I thought in 2000 a few Rovers players actually froze at Turf Moor. Dunn and Duff spring to mind as being fairly quiet by their then standards. Hughes and Bent were also pretty inconspicuous. Flitcroft put a lot of work in and played well and McAteer was outstading. Defensively we were solid apart from when Payton tried to split Friedel in half with his studs.

Dunn is the last person I'd normally defend, but to be fair to him Kevin Ball did attempt to break him into small pieces with a shocker of a challenge early on.

Ball was later sent off.

Have they moved the tunnel or is it still in the middle of the away end?!?!?!?!

True it was a horrendoues tackle. Even from the back of that hoorible stand I knwe Ball was walking the minute it happened. I think the tunnel is still in the same place. I'm pretty sure Burnley haven't had the finances to move it into the main stand.

The look of pure ohmy.gif shock on their faces was a pleasure to behold!!

Same again lads 'n' lasses. laugh.gif

''Stu, you seem hell bent on going to this match. If you do get a ticket your in for a 'unique' experience. I went back in the 80's to a Manx cup match with my Dad - Big Stevie - and even he was scared. I've never seen anything like it. Blokes wielding baseball bats, bricks through the train window............It's like planet of the apes ! ''

Once again the policing in 2001 was excellent and Rovers fans were never in any danger..dont let storys like the above change your mind.

No doubt your account is probably true AKH but thankfully matters have changed for the better in good 'owd Burn-a-lee..... errr I think! unsure.gif

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

I like the humourous/non-aggressive line you are taking at the moment,Longsider.I hope it continues.

I usually do to be fair - but sometimes you have to defend yourslef on here against the less cultured posters biggrin.gif

A Burnley supporter making judgements about culture biggrin.giflaugh.gifbiggrin.giftongue.gif

my mate who hasnt been to a rovers game this season has already purchased a ticket. the firm that his dad works for has a box at ewood and has been given 10 tickets already. apparantley tickets will come on sale this friday with two away stubbs required + ST. think i will be setting my alarm nice and early for friday morning. sad.gif