SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bring On The Dingles

BRFC4EVA

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10,000 part timers who will no doubt be able to tell us how cr*p this player or that player is based upon their one visit per decade!!!

Still we get the same effect when Liverpool/Man U come to town (though not for Villa, Spurs etc)

Sounds a familiar story.

A truly fantastic tie - if I can't make it I'll be gutted.

I remember the tie at the Turd - 17th December 2000 - the spectacular blue and white convoy of coaches all lined up outside their excuse of a stadium. Me, my brother and my dad walked along with the Bumley fans (living in Colne it seemed pointless travelling to Blackburn only to catch the coach back to Bumley) and then having to cut through the barrier of coppers to get into the stadium.

Queing up outside the turnstiles we started our singing session (that was to last another 3 hours). Entering the concourse and going into the bogs - someone had ripped a sink/toilet off the wall and there was rubble and water everywhere. The singing continued.

Finding the seats - all the Rovers boys are there and there's still 30 mins to go till kick off. One of the best atmosphere's I have experienced - honestly right up there with the Millenium Stadium. Then there was the goals. Jason McAteer and Marcus Bent - you were both poor players but boy you did us proud that day.

We outplayed, outscored and outsung the dingles and it was one of the best football experiences - actually scrap that - one of the best experiences I have EVER had, and that's saying something. Of course we dicked Bumley 5-0 in the return fixture but nothing will outlive Uncle Jack's Blue n White Army's day out at the DingleDome.

Absolutely fantastic, can't wait for it. If the last time is anything to go by though it will be hard to get tickets because of the Rovers ticketing policies. I think you will have to have a season ticket, been to Oldham away in 1977, be a JP and promise not to drink alcohol for 14 days either side of the game to get 1. Here's hopoing though eh!

Can everyone not just ignore the dingles coming on talking about their fantastic fans. Its very boring and absolute crap.

I expect it to be at 12 on Sunday and it should be live on BBC judging by the other ties. I also expect us to stuff the knuckle scrapppers.

SEVEN AGAIN SIMPLE AS LOSING IS NOT AN OPTION.....BEEN IN COLNE TODAY/TOMM....THEY THINK THEY ARE GONNA WIN LOL ....MIND YOU THEY DID LAST TIME TOO.....HOPE ITS POSTAL AGAIN AND NOT MONDAY MORNING ....ITS SUPERBOWL SUNDAY.....I WILL HAVE TO PUKE IN THE CONCOURSE THEN . biggrin.gif

smile.gif

I can't wait for the game.

Before the draw I was hoping for the dingles but never imagined we would get them.

Obviously thrashing them at Ewood would have been the prefered option but im sure we can do the job at Turd Moore without much trouble.

wonder what kind of reception Todd will get??

Left wing, shouldn't be a problem even though I'm getting on a bit biggrin.gif

I don't fancy your chances of winning anything in the air. wink.gif

BTT... seriously gutted that I'll be in Los Angeles at the time. When I booked the holiday, I worked out that it would be FA Cup 5th round weekend and that would be the only match I'd miss, if we were still in the cup.

Hopefully it will be on tv and one of our friendly American friends will explain how I can find a bar in the early morning that shows footie. blink.gif

rover.gif I honestly believe the police will put many family people going to this game, who wants to put their young kid through all the hatred and possible violence we will probably get. Honestly believe that any season ticket holder who wants a ticket for this one will get one.

I am sure the players will get to hear what this game means to us fans .

Possible replay and more police panic at Ewood i think.

February in Bumley can be quite beautiful, with the mile long convoy of pristine Coaches stretching as far as the eye can see. And all the locals out in their front gardens getting an extra dose of spectacular entertainment (apart from lack of TV license and the lecky wired up to the street light)

And going back to "Success City" with our 25 year old record intact : no goals against and into the 6th Round.

BRING IT ON!

Even though I live on the other side of the planet, I'm so pumped about this laugh.gif

Snowball's chance in hell of it being shown in TV in Australia though dry.gif

As Scotty said.... last time we played them in 2000 they were above us in the league and we are all worried about copping a pasting. We all know how that turned out.

And as for the return leg... well I was at a wedding during the game but luckily dave birch SMS'ed the score updates during the reception... Woo-hoo!!

But as Capt Kayos and others have pointed out.... games like this are made for fairy-tale upsets. ph34r.gif

There is a bar in Santa Monica that is filled with ex-pats. I'm sure USA would give you more info if you asked nicely in a PM!

You must be on about the Kings Head, Mucky Duck too I think there are a few. Not been there in over 20 years used to frequent it once in a while when I lived near LA but it's a bit of a drive from Arizona

Queing up outside the turnstiles we started our singing session (that was to last another 3 hours). Entering the concourse and going into the bogs - someone had ripped a sink/toilet off the wall and there was rubble and water everywhere. The singing continued.

As I entered that sorry excuse for a stand the singing from the Rovers fans on the packed concourse made the hair on the back of my neck stand on end.....like you mate a memory that has stayed with me!

I wouldn't miss this for 'owt and my advice to any Rovers fans offered a chance to attend this game but are having second thoughts is .......you must be off your heads ffs, you'll be SO,SO sorry you weren't there to savour this rather 'special game'.

Even though I live on the other side of the planet, I'm so pumped about this laugh.gif

Snowball's chance in hell of it being shown in TV in Australia though dry.gif

pg, ESPN in Australia have been showing FA Cup games, so if the game is on at midday UK time, the chances of them showing the game are pretty high.

Even though I live on the other side of the planet, I'm so pumped about this  laugh.gif

Snowball's chance in hell of it being shown in TV in Australia though  dry.gif

pg, ESPN in Australia have been showing FA Cup games, so if the game is on at midday UK time, the chances of them showing the game are pretty high.

I would only say there is a slight chance of that happening. sad.gif

I would be willing to place a couple of ice creams on them showing one of the "big three"... like they always do.

I'm still hoping, though. It would be my first Blackburn/Burnley match "live".

Season ticket holders first.

Season ticket holders who have been to all three cup games? tongue.gifwink.gif

Been away so I've had 24 hours thinking about this and no news from anywhere. Seems to me it should go like this:

1. ST holders who went to Cardiff

2. Away ST holders

3. Non ST holders who went to Cardiff/regular away travellers

That takes up about 1200?

4. ST holders with Bournemouth, Cardiif replay and Colchester (that's us in smile.gif )

5. ST Holders 2 out 3 above

6. ST holders 1 out of 3 above

7. ST holders

8. Open sale

Given the very poor attendances at the three home cup games those who did turn up should get first shout in relation to the games attended. I can't make up my mind about those who've been travelling away in the league all season - do they qualify for cup competitions? I seem to recall Tris saying the Watford-Liverpool game stubs for Liverpool fans included a game two years ago at Ewood in the Coca Cola.

Season ticket holders first.

Season ticket holders who have been to all three cup games? tongue.gifwink.gif

Been away so I've had 24 hours thinking about this and no news from anywhere. Seems to me it should go like this:

1. ST holders who went to Cardiff

2. Away ST holders

3. Non ST holders who went to Cardiff/regular away travellers

That takes up about 1200?

4. ST holders with Bournemouth, Cardiif replay and Colchester (that's us in smile.gif )

5. ST Holders 2 out 3 above

6. ST holders 1 out of 3 above

7. ST holders

8. Open sale

Given the very poor attendances at the three home cup games those who did turn up should get first shout in relation to the games attended. I can't make up my mind about those who've been travelling away in the league all season - do they qualify for cup competitions? I seem to recall Tris saying the Watford-Liverpool game stubs for Liverpool fans included a game two years ago at Ewood in the Coca Cola.

I think that's more than fair. The few people who actually made the effort for the less glamorous cup matches should be rewarded with priority when a match the others deem acceptable for attending comes around.