Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bring On The Dingles

BRFC4EVA

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*dodgy memory*

Was Hughes in the Rovers squad during our promotion season?

(when we won 7-0..)

edit: Like minds eh Floppy..

He was. He missed a sitter at the cricket field end just after half time.

At least he will know what the rivalry is all about !

I suspect this will be picked for a live game on TV.

When was the last time we played 'em in the FA Cup - anyone know?

1960 - we beat the them on the way to their last league championship as we went along to the FA Cup final but it took two classic matches which are staples in the history of both clubs.

Cannot believe it...twenty years supporting Rovers and have been praying for Burnley every single FA Cup draw. Move halfway round the world and we suddenly get them straight away.

Gutted I can't be there but am praying it will be on TV. I've seen us beat them at Ewood and t'Turf in the Lancs Manx Cup...does that count?

Gutted.

Mind you - best thing that has happened to East Lancs football for quite some time.

Hmmm...I think we've had bigger matches. Hopefully there will be bigger matches to come this season as well

FA Cup final may top it but nothing else.

There will be a buzz around both Blackburn and Burnley that has not been seen for a long while.

It's what we have been missing out on for too long...a local rivalry.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Brings a bit more sparkle back to the competition for us with a good atmosphere at least.

Sure it will be for our neighbours down the 65 - another chance for them to try to put one over on us.

Does nobody else feel a bit worried about them beating us as I certainly don't feel confident like I did last time? sad.gif

Can't beleive this, I was watching Saints Pompey on Saturday, and thought to myself "bet we get the dingles in the next round". I should have put a bet on !

They'll probably think they can do us after knocking out Liverpool.

Thing is they can't knock us out unless they score against us, somehting they've had difficulty doing in recent encounters if I remember rightly wink.gif

Get Burnley town centre sealed off beforehand, they'll go berserk if we win and try to hit us right where it hurts by wrecking their own town biggrin.gif

better play McEveley too then.

I actually think (no honest I do)

that we have a squad perfectly suited for this game(ie championship standard biggrin.gif ) Up front we have Dickov - midfield Savage, thompson and Flitcroft, defence - Todd, Neil and Matteo. Hopefully all battlers - used to this kind of game. Id play Reid instead of Emerton - hes played in these kind of games. Id play Stead up front alongside Dickov for the same reasoning.

Memory Lane. I think was last time in FA cup was 6th round in 1960 which saw one of Rovers most memorable come-backs. At Turf Moor Rovers were 0-3 down with 18 mins to go against Clarets who were flying high at top of old Div 1. Goals from Dobbing (stand to be corrected). Dougie (pen) and then an equaliser from Mick McGrath fired through a rugby scrum in the muddy penalty area, right in front of Rovers fans.

I can remember equaliser as if it was yesterday.

Replay at Ewood was 2-0 in front of 63.000 followed by semi win at Maine Rd 2-1 v Sheff Weds.

We'll draw a veil over the final, although we were playing the Chelsea of 1960 (Wolves).

Same again with a different ending please.

I'm away for the weekend of the 5th round so I do not want Burnley home or away Any of these would force me to abandon any plans I had (which would not go down well !) and stay at home.

No no no no no no no no no no no no mad.gif

Shame Garner and Dunn aren't still playing for us.

One of our players maybe Savage will have to do what Dunn was gonna do last time, were a shirt underneath the Rovers shirt saying there is only 1 Garner/Dunn. delete as appropriate.

In all seriousness, really worried about this, not as confident as the 7-0 thrashing a few years ago, hope we can bring them back here.

I think TV will want Everton Utd game as that was the final 10 years ago, and Rooney going back to Goodison.

We didn't sell all our tickets when we played them in the league. I hope they make sure that the loyal fans get first shot at the tickets- but we better sell them all. Some fans will worry about potential trouble, and there are the ones who wouldn't pay to enter turf moor. I was there during the promotion season- one of my best memories of football. We must have sung none stop for 3 and a half hours.