SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bring On The Dingles

BRFC4EVA

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tikcets will be £20.00 I imagine - thats what we pay. They may even be cheaper as I think the away fans have to get the same price as the cheapest home ticket, which would £18.00, unless they make it £20.00 throughout the ground as we will have no problem selling the home tickets.

Where the hell do all your 'fans' usually hide then?

Amazing how your support comes out of the woodwork when Rovers come to town !! laugh.gif

''ONLY COME TO SEE THE ROVERS''!

agree simon - its bloody frustrating. Truth is they are not there to see either Burnley or the Rovers are they?

10,000 part timers who will no doubt be able to tell us how cr*p this player or that player is based upon their one visit per decade!!!

Still we get the same effect when Liverpool/Man U come to town (though not for Villa, Spurs etc)

Whichever way you dress it up though last time you only managed to sell around 1700 tickets I believe - which is pretty poor

1700!!!!!!!.......please stop now mate laugh.gif

I think we have established on clarets mad that you brought around 3000 to the turf whilst we brought around 7000 to your place.

erm....let me think, something to do with us having a bigger stadium?!

banana boy!

Memory Lane. I think was last time in FA cup was 6th round in 1960 which saw one of Rovers most memorable come-backs. At Turf Moor Rovers were 0-3 down with 18 mins to go against Clarets who were flying high at top of old Div 1. Goals from Dobbing (stand to be corrected). Dougie (pen) and then an equaliser from Mick McGrath fired through a rugby scrum in the muddy penalty area, right in front of Rovers fans.

I can remember equaliser as if it was yesterday.

Replay at Ewood was 2-0 in front of 63.000 followed by semi win at Maine Rd 2-1 v Sheff Weds.

Are you sure ?

Rovers' record attendance was 61,783 v Bolton in the FA Cup sixth round in March 1929.

There were 42,000 on Ewood for the FA Cup match with Man City in 1969 and that was scary enough.

I think we have established on clarets mad that you brought around 3000 to the turf whilst we brought around 7000 to your place.

Nowhere near 7,000 mate. You were allocated 6,000 tickets 'cos the 1st umpteen rows were not used. And even then some of the seats were empty.

Another case of that old Dingle trait "We took thousands, we did"! biggrin.gif

tinykit.giftinykit.giftinykit.gif

Don`t you worry!

I didn`t have a season ticket last time we played at t`turd, but i still got on. Where there`s a will, there`s a way wink.gif

Time to buy some shares in shop glazing, me thinks! thumbs-up.gif

The Dingles brought around 4,600 to Ewood. Bloody Hell the Darwen End was nowhere near full on April Fools Day. Talk about spin.Who's the moderator on Clarets Mad, Alistair Campbell?

Edited by Wiggy

On clarrots mad? well it must be true then. Rovers/Police had the ticket thing sewn up. I know many Rovers fans from home who simply could not get a ticket. As for "sell out" Was the large space in the Woodshed not by design rather than no shows.

If I recall you had about a few over 5000 there, or about 1000 fans per goal conceded, which ever way you prefer to look at it.

I don't think you will be such a push over this time though, you seem quite steady at the back and we are lightweight up front so you have a legitimate shot at putting two and a half decades of misery behind you.

From official site. Sorry if already posted.

Mark Hughes:-

"It has the makings of a cracking cup tie.

"Obviously, everyone always hopes for a home draw, but we are very much looking forward to going across to Turf Moor.

"It is a big local derby, I remember playing for Rovers the last time we went there."

The Dingles brought around 4,600 to Ewood. Bloody Hell the Darwen End was nowhere near full on April Fools Day. Talk about spin.Whose the moderator on Clarets Mad, Alistair Campbell?

In their convoy of vehicles looking like something borrowed from the set of Mad Max! laugh.giflaugh.gif

.......... "there was even an ice-cream van bringing up the rear" (Stanley Ternant) laugh.gif