Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bring On The Dingles

BRFC4EVA

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Backroom

Paul, I think Theno has made it his mission in life to wind up as many people as possible on here.

With his in-depth knowledge of all things Dingle... do we have a closet in-breed in our midst ?? rolleyes.gif

Hark now here, the Rovers sing

The Burnley ran away

And we will fight for ever more

Because of Boxing Day!

Chimchimeree chimchimeree chim-chim cheroo

We hate those b@astards in claret and blue!

If I had the wings of an angel

The dirty black ass of a crow

I`d fly over Burnley tommorrow

And sh!t on the @#/?s below

What d`ya think of Burnley?

SH!t!

What d`ya think of sh!t?

Burnley , Pasties, twits and grunts!

Flannies, and anything you want to.

Which is the ODD ONE OUT?

I used to enjoy the Old Bob Lord is a Butcher. I don't recall any bricks flying but I do remember early on, before it got too crowded and they locked the gates, golf Balls bouncing back and forth.

Also remember the scarves of both teams burning in no mans land.

Anyone remember the ceremonial Clarrot scarf burning that used to go on on the Riverside on a regular basis.

Edited by USABlue

To the tune of the "Floral Dance" after the famous boxing day win at t'Turf in 77.

"I've just heard the curious tones

of the Burnley fans as they start to moan,

cos half time comes and they're three nil down

with the Rovers giving them the run around,

it's always hard to win away.....

but not at Burnley on a Boxing Day!"

Yep sorry 77, happy day!

Edited by Wiggy

To the tune of the "Floral Dance" after the famous boxing day win at t'Turf in 87.

"I've just heard the curious tones

of the Burnley fans as they start to moan,

cos half time comes and they're three nil down

with the Rovers giving them the run around,

it's always hard to win away.....

but not at Burnley on a Boxing Day!"

`87 ??

Surely 77?

Paul, I think Theno has made it his mission in life to wind up as many people as possible on here.

With his in-depth knowledge of all things Dingle... do we have a closet in-breed in our midst ?? rolleyes.gif

Oi! Are you trying to wind me up. mad.gif

btw I lived in Sabden for 6 years just when Jack Walker took control of BRFC! Talk about scope for wind-ups! It was magic. The night the plane went over 'Turf during the play off game was about as good as it gets. After the match the dingles were apoplectic with rage and indignation in the Pendle Witch that night. laugh.gif

Own up time! I did used to go t'turf occasionally in those days but I always stood with the away fans in the longside. Bloody great craic once they realised I was a Rovers fan and hated Burnley about 50 times more than them! Just £5 to get in too......... It was so cheap I offered the bloke on the turnstile a tip once. smile.gif 3 best matches were Burnley v Reading (0-1) and Burnley v Stoke twice (0-2 and 0-1 I think) Them Reading fans were great hosts and the Stokey boys madheads.

eeeeeeh it were grrrrrand then and t'Hovis were alus on't table when we got home....

Paul, Theno is just in love with himself. Probably doesn't even masturbate, just makes love to his hand.

Of course I make lerve to my hand ...... Masturbation's for wankres!

Anyway whats all this rushing to the Dark Lor oops .......err sorry Pauls defence? I'd really no idea we had so many wannnabee Mods in our midst. Whats up guys never made prefect at school were we? tongue.gif

Edited by thenodrog

My first ever away game was at Burnley. I think it was around 1979/80 when we won 1-0 with a Garner goal (someone correct me if I've got the year wrong). I was only 8 or 9 and went with my dad who insisted on sitting down, so we sat with the Burnley fans in what now is the away end stand behind the goal.

I can remember feeling a tad worried about this even at that age. But, when we scored, we couldn't help but jump up, and I was amazed to see that about half the stand also jumped up as well! God knows how many Rovers fans made the journey over that day but it was a lot more than those who were in the away end.

Anyway, I've been back whenever we've played Burnley since and it's always a cracking atmosphere. And I really shouldn't say this but I've never seen us get beat. Long may it continue.

it must have been 82/83. The next nearest Rovers win at the Turf was 77/78 but that was the 2-3 mentioned earlier on this post.

As for been back ever time you've played us since - well that would be once then.

Now you talk about the somewhat muddled memory of Burnley fans for the gates - now you are trying to say half the home stands were filled with Rovers as well? Do me a favour

My first ever away game was at Burnley.  I think it was around 1979/80 when we won 1-0 with a Garner goal (someone correct me if I've got the year wrong).  I was only 8 or 9 and went with my dad who insisted on sitting down, so we sat with the Burnley fans in what now is the away end stand behind the goal.

I can remember feeling a tad worried about this even at that age.  But, when we scored, we couldn't help but jump up, and I was amazed to see that about half the stand also jumped up as well!  God knows how many Rovers fans made the journey over that day but it was a lot more than those who were in the away end.

Anyway, I've been back whenever we've played Burnley since and it's always a cracking atmosphere.  And I really shouldn't say this but I've never seen us get beat.  Long may it continue.

it must have been 82/83. The next nearest Rovers win at the Turf was 77/78 but that was the 2-3 mentioned earlier on this post.

As for been back ever time you've played us since - well that would be once then.

Now you talk about the somewhat muddled memory of Burnley fans for the gates - now you are trying to say half the home stands were filled with Rovers as well? Do me a favour

And a perfectly innocent post gets twisted into an attack by our dingle friend. Bless him.

We've played each other at least once in the Manx Cup I seem to remember.

I was only talking about the stand I was in, I've no idea about the others.

I'm all for banter mate but you're crap at it! biggrin.gif

Looked it up and it was December 27th 1982. I was older than I thought! Might not have been my first away game after all.

According to "East Lancashire Derbies" the Rovers team that day was:

Gennoe, Branagan, Rathbone, Randall, Mail, Fazackerley, Miller, Hamilton, Bell, Garner, Brotherston.

And a perfectly innocent post gets twisted into an attack by our dingle friend. Bless him.

We've played each other at least once in the Manx Cup I seem to remember.

I was only talking about the stand I was in, I've no idea about the others.

I'm all for banter mate but you're crap at it! biggrin.gif

oh diddums, did ickle scotty get caught talking ###### - and now he doesn't like it

Truth is my friend I am far better at it then you - and that bothers you

Yeah I remember Garner - hate him but its a shame there are not a few more out there today who love their club the way he did. Beat us home and away that season - and the next time we were in the same division as well sad.gif

Those 4 wins allowed you to go ahead of us in the victories score between the clubs

oh diddums, did ickle scotty get caught talking ###### - and now he doesn't like it

Truth is my friend I am far better at it then you - and that bothers you

Yeah I remember Garner - hate him but its a shame there are not a few more out there today who love their club the way he did. Beat us home and away that season - and the next time we were in the same division as well sad.gif

Those 4 wins allowed you to go ahead of us in the victories score between the clubs

Marvellous. thumbs-up.gif

Our resident Yorkshireman rises to the bait like a good un. Will you still be here if we beat you in a week or so? No, didn't think so.

As for talking @#/? - I got the year wrong. How dare I! Please forgive me.

Of course, I'm forgetting you support a "massive" club - don't know why I'm arguing really, your trophy cabinet shows who's the better team doesn't it? Oh, then again. it doesn't!

Pay homage inbred.

To be fair, Burnley's trophy cabinet is full..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................OF DUST!! biggrin.gif

Our resident Yorkshireman rises to the bait like a good un. Will you still be here if we beat you in a week or so? No, didn't think so.

As for talking @#/? - I got the year wrong. How dare I! Please forgive me.

Of course, I'm forgetting you support a "massive" club - don't know why I'm arguing really, your trophy cabinet shows who's the better team doesn't it? Oh, then again. it doesn't!

Pay homage inbred.

Of course I'll still be here in just over a week if you beat us - I was posting on occasion before this.

You got the year wrong? Truth is it was the comments about having been back 'everytime' you have played us since (which was nearly 20 years later!!)

Come on, own up, you started going just a little after Uncle Jacks wallet opened.

Come on, own up, you started going just a little after Uncle Jacks wallet opened.

Ah I see, so conveniently dodging the trophy argument you resort to the glory-hunter attack. Well, can't get me there I'm afraid. Been supporting Rovers since I was 7, and I'm 33 now.

Never seen us lose to Burnley in that time. Never seen Burnley win a meaningful cup in that time. Only seen two seasons in that time when you finished above us in the league. I'd be surprised if you had a bigger average attendance for the season during that time but I await your response with baited breath.