BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bring On The Dingles

BRFC4EVA

rover.gif i wonder if we could sort out blue and white cards,so when the players come out it's all blue and white at one end off the dingle dome,could it be done tinykit.gif

Tell you what thats a good idea if it could be achieved.

Not just cards but anything blue and white it should be a theme day i'd say.

and i ain't going sad.gif

dont be nicking our ideas

http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/load.php...&mid=2141648397

I may have a doppelganger but I don't like to talk about it

Post largely on Clarets Mad - this is the only rival board I post on with any regualrity, and occasionaly PNE

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But fair do's, the Blues around me who were wearing their colours all seemed to get a good tonking for their trouble.

Fair do's EiT, you disappoint me abit. We were at theirs. Fairs do's would be how many clarrots jumped up and down in the old Riverside or Blackburn End when they scored at ours. Dare I venture a guess nary a one.

.....well what do you know....seems that chap from Pheonix is still doin his best to fan the flames from afar.

USABlue....are you not going to book yourself a transatlantic for this one..?

I have spent the last couple of days enjoying the banter on this thread. In particular the claims that you lot squeezed 8000 in the Longside away end.... laugh.gif

But...its good to see you sold out this time......and I sincerely hope that our two clubs can show the nation what a real derby is like....

ph34r.gif

Nah Longsider, not trying to fan flames really just reminiscing. How've you been? Have not heard from you in a coons age. Will you be wearing the whites biggrin.gif . Hope life is treating you good, join in have fun but don't be naughty.

Someone else was asking after you too, I won't be over. I will however, like many others, be plonked in front of the telly for it.

Edited by USABlue

But fair do's, the Blues around me who were wearing their colours all seemed to get a good tonking for their trouble.

Fair do's EiT, you disappoint me abit. We were at theirs. Fairs do's would be how many clarrots jumped up and down in the old Riverside or Blackburn End when they scored at ours. Dare I venture a guess nary a one.

.....well what do you know....seems that chap from Pheonix is still doin his best to fan the flames from afar.

USABlue....are you not going to book yourself a transatlantic for this one..?

I have spent the last couple of days enjoying the banter on this thread. In particular the claims that you lot squeezed 8000 in the Longside away end.... laugh.gif

But...its good to see you sold out this time......and I sincerely hope that our two clubs can show the nation what a real derby is like....

ph34r.gif

Nah Longsider, not trying to fan flames really just reminiscing. How've you been? Have not heard from you in a coons age. Will you be wearing the whites biggrin.gif . Hope life is treating you good, join in have fun but don't be naughty.

Someone else was asking after you too, I won't be over. I will however, like many others, be plonked in front of the telly for it.

Whatever happened to RanOFF Westwood and Sabden.

Their ugly heads completley vanished after the 2-0 win at Terrff.

Come on boys,may the jousting commence.We know your there.

All this talk of who has been in who's end leaves me slightly troubled.

And USA Blue... rest easy. Everyone thinks you're harder than Jackie Chan and as fearless as one of those Gurka fellows.

I, for one, am hugely impressed by your manly toughness and tales of daring adventures.

I hope the game's this good.

No not really Mr Dingle sir, I used to be but age has slowed me a bit I would say I am more like a Johnny English now? Probably was then too, just dumber than I am now, I think.

rover.gif i wonder if we could sort out blue and white cards,so when the players come out it's all blue and white at one end off the dingle dome,could it be done tinykit.gif

Tell you what thats a good idea if it could be achieved.

Not just cards but anything blue and white it should be a theme day i'd say.

and i ain't going sad.gif

dont be nicking our ideas

http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/load.php...&mid=2141648397

I may have a doppelganger but I don't like to talk about it

Post largely on Clarets Mad - this is the only rival board I post on with any regualrity, and occasionaly PNE

I used to post on clarrots are mad but was banned for some "insensitive" comments regarding your FA Cup loss at home to the Wombles many moons ago.

That mod of yours can dish it out but he can't take it can he, he even bans his own kind just for simply disagreeing. I think even the original Longsider had a verbal with him.

ph34r.gif

So how many did we squeeze on there Wrongsider,800 ?.

The police closed the away section 5 hours before the kick off laugh.gif

....it gets better laugh.gif

five hours before kick-off now......

laugh.gif I hope you took your deck chairs

Make your minds up you lot eh...?

No, I remember it well, it was 5 hours before the week before the kick off. We all lived by licking the empty crisps bags blowing around the terracing.

Shut up about 2 and it was quite a squeeze.

What were your recollections OLS?

Edited by USABlue

Here's a tune that always brings a smile to my face. It's a song that was released on cassette by an unknown (to me) Rovers fan shortly after the famous Turd Moor flyover.

It's only a 2MB mp3 file, so it won't take too long to download - Click me.

Enjoy! biggrin.gif

tinykit.giftinykit.giftinykit.gif

I've still got the tape!

So have i laugh.gif

Bought before the trip t'turf in about 1988 pre-season. Also in the aqueduct that night before we set off tee-shirts we on sale to commemorate the fly over and upon arrival in burnley the police would not allow anyone in the ground who had them on? so obviously the lads took them off then put them back on again when in the ground ohmy.gif

Great policing!

Hee, hee.

I've still got the t-shirt too, GAV!.

I wore it to the game you mentioned but was forced to wear it inside-out by the coppers on the gate.

I dug it out last week but, unfortunately it doesn't quite fit me any more! laugh.gif

I've still got the tape!

So have i laugh.gif

Bought before the trip t'turf in about 1988 pre-season. Also in the aqueduct that night before we set off tee-shirts we on sale to commemorate the fly over and upon arrival in burnley the police would not allow anyone in the ground who had them on? so obviously the lads took them off then put them back on again when in the ground ohmy.gif

Great policing!

There are a few class shirts commemorating one or two other events as well - like the time we installed some air conditioning

Still, as painful as it was, you have to say the fly over stunt was a touch of genius - who came up with the idea?

(ps I was there at the time and I can tell you I was certainly not so calm about it at the time!!)

BTW anybody hear Will Young talking about Simon Garners on CHris Moyles this morning? Something we should know about?

Still, as painful as it was, you have to say the fly over stunt was a touch of genius - who came up with the idea?

(ps I was there at the time and I can tell you I was certainly not so calm about it at the time!!)

If you need any reminding of this momentus occasion LS, just take a closer look at the piccy alongside my user id. If you right-click on it, you can save it too! biggrin.gif

There are a few class shirts commemorating one or two other events as well - like the time we installed some air conditioning

Second biggest cheer of that day apart from Garners winner was when the the Bumley dead head decended through the roof onto his own ilk......did he really think he could fly!!!! laugh.giflaugh.gif

That classic moment really did mark the start of your clubs decent into mediocrity were you have remained ever since.

** chuckle chuckle**

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Second biggest cheer of that day apart from Garners winner was when the the Bumley dead head decended through the roof onto his own ilk......did he really think he could fly!!!! laugh.giflaugh.gif

To think they actually celebrate maiming their own fans with pieces of the darwen end roof. 5 panels were removed if memory serves me correctly and women and kids that were stood at the front of the darwen end were in the local rag having been hit by flying debris.

God they showed us wink.gif and went down laugh.gif