BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bring On The Dingles

BRFC4EVA

The stand opposite the Longdide was no longer there as they were preparing to build the Martin Dobson Stand (you might get that one).

For those who don't know, Bob "the Butcher" Lord sold Burnley's best player (possibly of all time)

Dunno about that.

Dobson was very good but to be fair to the Deliverance folk they had some pretty special players in the 1960s and 1970s.

The likes of Ralph Coates, Willie Morgan, Ray Pointer, Jimmy McIlroy, Leighton James, Dave Thomas, Brian Flynn and Ray Hankin were just a few of their top-class performers, most of whom were home-produced.

Leighton James - the motorised sideboard????? blink.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that picture is exactly how i remember it......dull & quite empty  wink.gif

really cletus - strange that because if you look carefully you will see the Longside (Home Section) and Bee Hole are actually quite full, whilst the away section was empty - we must have been playing your lot laugh.gif

Certainly wasn't taken in 1987 against Colchester when only 1700 turned up laugh.gif

Massive support laugh.gif

The stand opposite the Longdide was no longer there as they were preparing to build the Martin Dobson Stand (you might get that one).

For those who don't know, Bob "the Butcher" Lord sold Burnley's best player (possibly of all time)

Dunno about that.

Dobson was very good but to be fair to the Deliverance folk they had some pretty special players in the 1960s and 1970s.

The likes of Ralph Coates, Willie Morgan, Ray Pointer, Jimmy McIlroy, Leighton James, Dave Thomas, Brian Flynn and Ray Hankin were just a few of their top-class performers, most of whom were home-produced.

Hence the use of the word possibly, do keep up jim.

how things have improved ....when you get your ticket you get a letter of pennine polise and it tells you #

DONT WEAR COLOURS....balls to that imagine turning us away for wearing our shirts.

DONT LEAVE ANY BLACKBURN STICKERS OR THE LIKE .....Like burnley fans can read anyway.

STICK TO THE ROUTE ON THE MAP......is it werewolf in london or deliverence or are they scared we might new fresh blood in the women folk

DONT DRINK IN BURNLEY PUBS!.....Who would want to anyway.

Christ almighty sadamm and bin laden to even issue threats like that......

DARK AGES OR A NEW ERA ....NAH SAME OLD BURNLEY.

QUOTE (thenodrog @ Feb 10 2005, 09:43 )

You are in business so do you not favour ever so slightly the customers that you make most profit from?

Of course, which is precisely why the away support should always receive first shout on tickets. For example without regular travelling fans it would be difficult for Rovers to gauge the ticket volume they might request for any PL away match. Don't forget the visiting club has to purchase the away tickets regardless of if they are sold or not. Therefore we can argue the regular travelling support effectively underwrite Rovers committment in this area.

Nonsense. Just dispense with the sentiment and accept that apart from away cup ties travelling support does not contribute a penny toward gross income. Fans paying to see the game at Ewood do! They are the ones who MUST be given priority!

Use it or Lose it - your phrase I believe. Yet on this thread you suggest the club should risk alienating the regular away support, whom I presume are ST holders at Ewood, by offering Burnley tickets to ST holders on a tiered basis.

Paul you are over 50 its high time that you learned that presumptions mean nowt! But its a fair assumption (and to assume means nowt too) that the vast majority of ST holders who regularly travel to away games will also attend home cup-ties isn't it?. And giving priority to ST' holders who travel to away games and subsidise opposing teams at the expense of ST holders who attend every home game and subsidise BRFC is itself a 'tiered' system isn't it?

You further suggest the club alienate those who cannot travel to Ewood to purchase tickets by limiting or blocking the number of incoming calls. That should go down well in London, Leicestershire, Manchester, Wiltshire and a few other places I can think of.

So everybody from afar who wanted a ticket got one did they? Rubbish! And anyway I'll turn that around cos I saw plenty turned away on Wednesday who had gone down in good faith and left alienated and disappointed....... and it didn't go down too well on piggin Nuttall Street I can assure you!

In another thread you ridiculed an individual for suggesting tickets for young people should be more competively priced.

In an earlier post (Crikey Paul your continuing vendetta is turning you into a stalker) you refered to getting "all my tickets" - Did you by any chance purchase tickets for someone who wasn't in the queue? Someone who couldn't get down to Ewood or couldn't get to a phone all morning. I'm truely shocked

Are you well get this........I got 12! All within the BRFC rules of course. wink.gif If you had asked me nicely I'd have got you yours too. rolleyes.gif

What was that phrase again - Use it or Lose it" - your proposals for ticketing arrangements suggest you are more in the lose it camp.

Nah! Like I said Paul........... You 'lost it' cos I've got mine! tongue.gif And unless its on the Beeb looks like you'll be supporting old Rupert again.

Edited by thenodrog

Nonsense. Just dispense with the sentiment and accept that apart from away cup ties travelling support does not contribute a penny toward gross income. Fans paying to see the game at Ewood do! They are the ones who MUST be given priority!

If Rovers have to pay to get the away allocation then isn't it important that away fans buy tickets for that allocation?

So what you are suggesting is that Rovers should base their ticketing policy, not on loyalty but on how much money you put into the club. Well I pay more for my season ticket than someone in the Blackburn end so should I get first dibs on tickets then, it's only fair as i'm contributing more aren't I?

Obviously it's nonsense, away stubs have always been and always will be the first point of call for deciding loyalty. Every other club does the same but we just dont have situations often where it's difficult to get tickets.

QUOTE (thenodrog @ Feb 10 2005, 09:43 )

You are in business so do you not favour ever so slightly the customers that you make most profit from?

Of course, which is precisely why the away support should always receive first shout on tickets. For example without regular travelling fans it would be difficult for Rovers to gauge the ticket volume they might request for any PL away match. Don't forget the visiting club has to purchase the away tickets regardless of if they are sold or not. Therefore we can argue the regular travelling support effectively underwrite Rovers committment in this area.

Use it or Lose it - your phrase I believe. Yet on this thread you suggest the club should risk alienating the regular away support, whom I presume are ST holders at Ewood, by offering Burnley tickets to ST holders on a tiered basis.

Paul you are over 50 its high time that you learned that presumptions mean nowt! But its a fair assumption (and to assume means nowt too) that the vast majority of ST holders who regularly travel to away games will also attend home cup-ties isn't it?. And giving priority to ST' holders who travel to away games and subsidise opposing teams at the expense of ST holders who attend every home game and subsidise BRFC is itself a 'tiered' system isn't it?

You further suggest the club alienate those who cannot travel to Ewood to purchase tickets by limiting or blocking the number of incoming calls. That should go down well in London, Leicestershire, Manchester, Wiltshire and a few other places I can think of.

So everybody from afar who wanted a ticket got one did they? Rubbish! And anyway I'll turn that around cos I saw plenty turned away on Wednesday who had gone down in good faith and left alienated and disappointed....... and it didn't go down too well on piggin Nuttall Street I can assure you!

In another thread you ridiculed an individual for suggesting tickets for young people should be more competively priced.

In an earlier post (Crikey Paul your continuing vendetta is turning you into a stalker) you refered to getting "all my tickets" - Did you by any chance purchase tickets for someone who wasn't in the queue? Someone who couldn't get down to Ewood or couldn't get to a phone all morning. I'm truely shocked

Are you well get this........I got 12! All within the BRFC rules of course. wink.gif If you had asked me nicely I'd have got you yours too. rolleyes.gif

What was that phrase again - Use it or Lose it" - your proposals for ticketing arrangements suggest you are more in the lose it camp.

Nah! Like I said Paul........... You 'lost it' cos I've got mine! tongue.gif And unless its on the Beeb looks like you'll be supporting old Rupert again.

Such a long post Theno and you've not made a single coherent argument in it. Just the usual rantings of a selfish fool trying wind people up.

First you try and influence club staff to change the published ticketing system to your favour. Sod the rest of the poor fans who've actually stuck to the rules. What a lovely chap you must be.

Then you suggest the most loyal BRFC fans, those that regularly travel away as well as going to all the home games, should possibly miss out on tickets. Up and down the country football clubs allocate away tickets based on loyalty and attendance but no, we should do it differently because Theno doesn't like it!

(Crikey Paul your continuing vendetta is turning you into a stalker)

No simply pointing out your ability to post rubbish increases by the day. When a fan of Blackburn Rovers publicly admits to taking action to prevent other fans from obtaining tickets I would suggest that fan deserves some criticism. You're talking nonsense over this ticket allocation merely to draw attention to yourself.

Your last post clearly demonstrates you are struggling to put together a coherent arguement, having backed yourself into a corner. I would never have believed you would effectively resort to "you're jealous because I got tickets and you didn't." Grow up man.

• Backroom
Yeah, that picture is exactly how i remember it......dull & quite empty wink.gif

I like those sloping barriers myself... Just think of the comfort leaning back against those watching the match wink.gif

Then, if the football was crap (which it invariably would be being at the dingle-dome !).. you would be in a nice half reclined position to go to sleep tongue.gif

Hmmmm, I think CLB is broadly right.

It was a hell of a crush, impossible to move away from the barrage of missiles that came over, so got hit on the back of the head by a chunk of brick. However, a kindly gentleman in front of me responded by sh!tting into his plastic beer glas and lobbing that over.

I stand (slightly laugh.gif ) corrected. I've just looked at the Football Grounds Aerofilms Guide which shows a photo of the Longside from the Martin Dobson stand. The away section with no mans land comes to the halfway line. Not half as I thought but more than a third. With the Longside holding around 20,000+ our 8,000 following in that part of the ground, as reported in the LET, is about right. tinykit.gif

Jim - your reference to Deliverance - spot on. biggrin.gif

Exiled - classic! laugh.gif

No simply pointing out your ability to post rubbish increases by the day. When a fan of Blackburn Rovers publicly admits to taking action to prevent other fans from obtaining tickets I would suggest that fan deserves some criticism.

Your mind works in strange and mysterious ways Paul. No doubt egged on by your daft chums.

Any action that I took (and if you believe that I have that much influence then you are nuts) was to FACILITATE AND ENSURE that Rovers fans (myself included) who had queued and stood in the cold for hours actually GOT tickets!

Is that concept so difficult to understand or is your continuing dislike and animosity toward me fogging your perception?

My first ever away game was at Burnley. I think it was around 1979/80 when we won 1-0 with a Garner goal (someone correct me if I've got the year wrong). I was only 8 or 9 and went with my dad who insisted on sitting down, so we sat with the Burnley fans in what now is the away end stand behind the goal.

I can remember feeling a tad worried about this even at that age. But, when we scored, we couldn't help but jump up, and I was amazed to see that about half the stand also jumped up as well! God knows how many Rovers fans made the journey over that day but it was a lot more than those who were in the away end.

Anyway, I've been back whenever we've played Burnley since and it's always a cracking atmosphere. And I really shouldn't say this but I've never seen us get beat. Long may it continue.

I think talk of the ticket allocation should be discussed on the other thread/poll ???

It would have been Ben but as Glenn explains on the other thread some Mod thought fit to move my initial post on the ticket subject which I had started as a new topic onto this one.

Kinda split the debate somewhat.

Is that concept so difficult to understand or is your continuing dislike and animosity toward me fogging your perception?

It's certainly one point of view, yours. As for dislike and animosity, sorry you're wrong again, I simply feel this perspective needs challenging. As for being egged on, wrong again, the majority on here are more than capable of forming their own views.....do you really believe people are sufficiently interested to egg each other on in response to your posts?

Heading off on another tangent aren't you? It's getting a bit predictable.