BRFC4EVA

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've still got the tape!

So have i laugh.gif

And so have I laugh.giflaugh.gif

Does anybody remember the Geordie fan as well who fell when the roof had been removed before it was knocked down?

Aye, he waved a flag about for a bit and basically made a nob of himself, not sure what he was expecting to acheive blink.gif

You can stick your plane where the sun don`t shine.

By way of retribution and just to rile u lot.

Been looking back at gate figures etc for last time we met.

Attendance at Hallowed Turf 21,369 of which 2,979 were visitors.

Attendance at deadwood 23,442. We had to get tickets at front of jackwalkers stand and from there the Burnley looked full bar the first few rows left unsold for security reasons.

Now u lot were on the pushing for/on the verge of promotion but still thousands upon thousands of empty seats.

Any answers to that one? (Hopefully a bit more intelligent and not of the usual moronic type)

Oh that fly by will be hard to beat ye olde yorkshire folk!

while we are are on the subject, may be a good time to alert anyone who hasnt realised why i am SD4E....

please see the message on the back of the plane!!

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

" cos 'ill hate burnley b******* till my dying day....."

'2,979 were visitors'?

'We had to get tickets at front of jackwalkers stand and from there the Burnley looked full bar the first few rows left unsold for security reasons'?

Oh jesus not again,how many times...your like a dog chasing its tale fella!!!

Just like in 2001 I see home tickets have been put on 'open sale' with up to 6 per person available to Bumley fans..that was never the case at the Ewood game for us.

The fact of matter is that without this 'open sale policy' you would never come close to achieving a sellout in your home areas come Sunday....your average attendance doesn't tell a lie tongue.gif

You still not sold out then Clitheroe Kate!?

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

You can stick your plane where the sun don`t shine.

By way of retribution and just to rile u lot.

Been looking back at gate figures etc for last time we met.

Attendance at deadwood 23,442. We had to get tickets at front of jackwalkers stand and from there the Burnley looked full bar the first few rows left unsold for security reasons.

Now u lot were on the pushing for/on the verge of promotion but still thousands upon thousands of empty seats.

Any answers to that one? (Hopefully a bit more intelligent and not of the usual moronic type)

Lads, we've gone fishing and caught a dingle............ biggrin.giflaugh.gifrover.gif

As i side note, i've been looking at trophies won and...............no i couldn't be that cruel................................could I tongue.gif

mmmm. yep. jesus christ!

anyone yet met a dingle who's memory doesn't automatically add 2-5000 on their away support a week after the they have played anywhere?

as for deadwood- please see link to clarets mad sight here discussing turf morgue....

http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/load.php...&mid=2141704830

laugh.gif

ph34r.gif

Nah Longsider, not trying to fan flames really just reminiscing. How've you been? Have not heard from you in a coons age. Will you be wearing the whites biggrin.gif . Hope life is treating you good, join in have fun but don't be naughty.

Someone else was asking after you too, I won't be over. I will however, like many others, be plonked in front of the telly for it.

...well....I have been busy...

Life is treating me very well.....

Yeah, that Tony Scholes on ClaretsMad is sure a character. Does like it all his own way. I have been barred 4 times for having an opinion.

I just booked my flights now for a weekend of debauchery. cool.gif

There are direct flights from Pheonix to London.... so whats stopping ya? ph34r.gif

bit like you lot claiming you had 8000 in the Longside away end......still  laugh.gif

Aye, and all 8,000 of us (in that part of the ground) had a smile as big as yours when the third went in.

Couldn't stop smiling when the second went in at the 2-0 home friendly win in 1970. What did you think of that game?

Was that when the wall collapsed at the Darwen End. I won't say why it collapsed for fear of being branded.

ph34r.gif

Nah Longsider, not trying to fan flames really just reminiscing. How've you been? Have not heard from you in a coons age. Will you be wearing the whites biggrin.gif . Hope life is treating you good, join in have fun but don't be naughty.

Someone else was asking after you too, I won't be over. I will however, like many others, be plonked in front of the telly for it.

...well....I have been busy...

Life is treating me very well.....

Yeah, that Tony Scholes on ClaretsMad is sure a character. Does like it all his own way. I have been barred 4 times for having an opinion.

I just booked my flights now for a weekend of debauchery. cool.gif

There are direct flights from Pheonix to London.... so whats stopping ya? ph34r.gif

No passport, no money, no tickets, a mortgage, a job, that plus it's on the telly. biggrin.gif

Sorry if this has been asked, but does anyone know if the Blackburn FA Cup game is to be shown on TV? It definately deserves to be.

BBC

Being broadcast at 1.40pm on Feb 27th where you are RR, by the looks of things

wink.gif

Don't know about anyone else, but I miss cool_claret's visits to our MB !

I thought she was great with the banter, gave as good as she got ! laugh.gif

She was on here enough for sure. My guess is that she has converted into a Rover. Come to think of it did'nt she beggar off just before Rover6 joined? huh.gifbiggrin.gif

I've still got the tape!

So have i laugh.gif

Bought before the trip t'turf in about 1988 pre-season. Also in the aqueduct that night before we set off tee-shirts we on sale to commemorate the fly over and upon arrival in burnley the police would not allow anyone in the ground who had them on? so obviously the lads took them off then put them back on again when in the ground ohmy.gif

Great policing!

well I got a shag in crete on the strength of the shirt lol...a 17 year old norwegian bird thought i was a pilot in the blackburn flying club....hee hee what a night that was.

Looks like one of our old boys might be a dingle shortly. I spotted Brett Ormerod (Or a bloody good lookalike) in Adsa's at colne tonight ohmy.gif Before anyone says "Why would Brett be in Colne anyway?" The dingles own /rent a house in Colne for loan players, think Andy Todd stayed there. Hope to God I am mistaken and if I'm not I hope he is cup - tied for next week. By the way he walked in, bought razors, walked out. If it was him, maybe he has just realized what he has done and decided to do the honourable thing. biggrin.gif

Maybe there is a clue in the word 'safety' Glenn.  1 person on the end of the phone could hardly cause a crowd 'incident' could they as opposed to a thousand people in a concourse with about 3 stewards for company

So you did it because you were concerned about the safety of fellow Rovers fans, a noble gesture, I'm truly impressed, if a little sceptical.

(Miriam eh?  And you've got your ticket Glenn!  When did you get that last Friday?  huh.gifdry.gif  I wish I knew a Miriam sad.gif )

5 minutes research would show you that Miriam Clucas is the ticket office manager, I am not on first name terms with her, in fact I think she may have taken a slight dislike to me (after I was somewhat vocal on the policy of putting tickets on sale the day after a home fixture, ensuring folk like me, who live outside the area, have to pay the extra £2 booking fee to get tickets). Despite your little conspiracy theory, as previously stated in this thread, having been to sufficient away games, I just rang up at 9am on Monday like everyone else.

Sorry if i misled you there but I wasn't discussing or referring to the Burnley allocation specifically then Glenn,  more about the general ticket policy.  That was when I was discussing the folly of lowering ticket prices for 'unattractive' matches and yet getting no higher attendances. 

Fair play. The pricing for unattractive games has been discussed at length and the club has tried innumerable methods to address it. Sadly it's a problem with no ideal solution, if you feel you have one, let me know and I'll happily put it forward. I agree that cat A prices throughout would be financially best in the short term (the die hard will whinge, but still turn up) but it does little to entice new fans.

How does one get onto the fans forum anyway?

Like everything in life worth doing, it's just a simple matter of getting off one's arse and actually doing something (rather than bitching about it down the pub or on an internet forum). In my case, a simple letter to the chairman of the FF sent via the club asking "how one gets onto the fans forum ?" was the starting point.

On the plus side, you've had the good grace to spell my name correctly, something most people don't bother to do wink.gif