BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bring On The Dingles

BRFC4EVA

Was that when the wall collapsed at the Darwen End. I won't say why it collapsed for fear of being branded.

Can't remember a wall collapsing But Exiled In Toronto has a better memory than me - he was probably at that game - could have been with me in fact in the Darwen End with the Dingles. We went to school with a number of them as the catchment area included Rossendale and Hyndburn as it was later known.

The Dingles were charged twice by the Rovers lot - once from the Riverside and once when the gates opened when they surged in from Nuttall Street.

Nearest I've ever come to getting a good beating - and that from my own lot! My first taste of a white hot East Lancs Derby - surprise, surprise, Rovers won that one as well.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been looking back at gate figures etc for last time we met.

Attendance at Hallowed Turf 21,369 of which 2,979 were visitors.

Attendance at deadwood 23,442. We had to get tickets at front of jackwalkers stand and from there the Burnley looked full bar the first few rows left unsold for security reasons.

Now u lot were on the pushing for/on the verge of promotion but still thousands upon thousands of empty seats.

Any answers to that one? (Hopefully a bit more intelligent and not of the usual moronic type)

I have stayed out of this ridiculous argument over attendance figures until this load of hokum.

Burnley returned 300 tickets to Ewood unsold.

And that's a FACT.

There were no Burnley fans at Ewood that day in anywhere but the Darwen End

Live with it.

Was that when the wall collapsed at the Darwen End.  I won't say why it collapsed for fear of being branded.

Can't remember a wall collapsing But Exiled In Toronto has a better memory than me - he was probably at that game - could have been with me in fact in the Darwen End with the Dingles. We went to school with a number of them as the catchment area included Rossendale and Hyndburn as it was later known.

The Dingles were charged twice by the Rovers lot - once from the Riverside and once when the gates opened when they surged in from Nuttall Street.

Nearest I've ever come to getting a good beating - and that from my own lot! My first taste of a white hot East Lancs Derby - surprise, surprise, Rovers won that one as well.

I think it was the charge from Nuttall street when the gates opened, Burnley fans tried to flee causing some of the wall to give in. If memory serves, many clarrots ran into the Riverside and were duly chased back, not sure I was very very young then.

Funny perspective from a clarrot in the Nuttall street enclosure with his dad was that it was the clarrots chasing Rovers fans out of the Riverside. Bet his dad told him that though.

BTW Don't we play Norwich tomorrow.

rover.gif if anyone needs tickets ring burnley ticket office, be clever and use a non-blackburn address - take it from me it's easy tinykit.gif

I've got to point out that this site doesn't condone or encourage any supporter of Blackburn Rovers to buy tickets in the Burnly home areas. The repercussions on the club and fans could be severe.

Edited by den

A small point how come when the topic about our Football banning orders were on here, we were the scum of the earth, and now a lot of people are going back to trips to Burnley in the 70's,80's and actually gloryfying what used to happen, although its far worse than anything that happens nowadays ??

rover.gif if anyone needs tickets ring burnley ticket office, be clever and use a non-blackburn address - take it from me it's easy tinykit.gif

I've got to point out that this site doesn't condone or encourage any supporter of Blackburn Rovers to buy tickets in the Burnly home areas. The repercussions on the club and fans could be severe.

I know a few lads who have got tickets in the Burnley home areas and they said it was really easy to get tickets, no questions asked.

Apparently Burnley have around 1000 tickets left.

rover.gif if anyone needs tickets ring burnley ticket office,  be clever and use a non-blackburn address - take it from me it's easy tinykit.gif

I know a few lads who have got tickets in the Burnley home areas and they said it was really easy to get tickets, no questions asked.

Apparently Burnley have around 1000 tickets left.

My north end mate has been to turf this morning, got a tkt for bob lord stand, no questions asked.

I mention bob lord stand because it would probably be the safest to go in for rovers fans.

Saying that I would advise them without tkts to get t pub n watch it. Lets be honest it would be no fun sat in there ends even if we won 17 - 0.

We should all be very very worried. Dingles scored 2 today can any clarrot visitors remember the last time they scored 2.

I have it on good authority Cotteril's pre match pep talk said just pretend it's Blackburn you are playing. It worked so well he's gonna do the same thing against Crewe. I wonder what he'll tell 'em when they are actually playing us.

I have a funny gut feeling MGP is going to be the new Noel at the Morgue.

Maybe there is a clue in the word 'safety' Glenn.  1 person on the end of the phone could hardly cause a crowd 'incident' could they as opposed to a thousand people in a concourse with about 3 stewards for company

So you did it because you were concerned about the safety of fellow Rovers fans, a noble gesture, I'm truly impressed, if a little sceptical.

Be as sceptical as you want Glenn but no matter what the rights and wrongs were I was not the one making any decisions. I wish I had that much influence.

We simply made a suggestion over the phone to Tom Finn's sec and the club obviously re-assessed the overall situation, agreed and took appropriate action.

Coventry have averaged 2 goals against all season!

btw Never mind them scoring 2......I am struggling to rem the last time we won a Prem fixture 3-0! rover.gif

I did say clarrot visitors.

I can't remember the last 3-0 either, but I know our jim predicted it. I do remember us scoring 3.