BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

To Hell And Back. Dingles 0 v Rovers 0

Ste B

Perhaps if you had been able to shift your tickets you could have had the last laugh. ohmy.gif

There will be Rovers fans in home areas - who knows how many? I know of two Bolton lads who are missing Wanderers this weekend to take in the East Lancs Derby!

Burnley's propaganda machine of best support in the land blah, blah, blah has been defunct for a few years now. It's not worth cranking it up again with only 10,000 regular home supporters and a failure to sell out against their most hated rivals in their biggest game for years.

I'll be missing my first ever Derby having seen every one since the first in 1970, home and away.

Come On You Blues! tinykit.gif

Who said anything about best support in the land?

Certainly not me.

The only propaganda machine in flow, is some of your colleagues prediciting a mass infiltration. Heard it all before.....zzzzzzz

I admit I am actually disappointed with our home support for a couple of years now. I also think there a several factors/reasons for it.

But, all said and done...both our clubs only have a limited pool to draw from. And at the mo....whether we like it or not....your home support is in excess of ours.....

Oh...and I will claim one thing....a far better away support that yourselves... biggrin.gif

OK....I will go and prepare for the mass invasion of B***ards and our old friends from Bolton...that said.....you both shared a terrace at ours once before (1987 week after the infamous FA cup game......we were indeed honoured).........and it still werent enough wink.gif

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Ewood Spark @ Feb 6 2005, 23:18 )

Never mind about our tickets, I've got a feeling that the Dingles may have trouble shifting their own tickets for this one. The only restriction they put on home ticket purchases (after their 8,500 season ticket holders got first bite of the cherry) was a stub from their West Yorkshire derby with Leeds yesterday. Given that this game in its own right should have pulled in a capacity crowd I was surprised to see that the attendance was less than 18,000. Even if everybody who satisfied the buying criterea bought a ticket for the Rovers match they would still need to shift another 3,500 on open sale. With the game being live on BBC I think they may struggle .... Anyway off to bed now with the alarm set for 5am....I'm not taking any risks for getting my ticket. 

Really? Out of interest how many capacity home crowds have Rovers had this year? Just to clarify I mean where all the home seats have been sold, not where you give 9000 to Man U etc? Not sure if you print them in your programs but I would be interested to know just how many Rovers fan turn up to home games

I would not worry to much about us selling our tickets for this one.

And on the who sold most tickets arguments, dress it how you want but we sold around 7000 last time, but I'll settle for 6000 which is still nearly twice what you sold for our place.

Now I accept you couldn't sell more than 3,800 - and you couldn;t even find that many that would travel the 10 miles, in a FREE luxury coach.

Now you can spout the general sale nonesense but I thought you had over 10000 season ticket holders? What 30% didn;t care enough to travel

and as for the ignorant banana eaters comments, just more reinforcement of the nations view of Rovers fans as bigots and racists I guess

Longsiders...A few weeks ago we had the following exchange...would you care to comment on the highlighted statement you made in response to my original observations? withstupid.gif

Perhaps if you had been able to shift your tickets you could have had the last laugh. ohmy.gif

There will be Rovers fans in home areas - who knows how many? I know of two Bolton lads who are missing Wanderers this weekend to take in the East Lancs Derby!

Burnley's propaganda machine of best support in the land blah, blah, blah has been defunct for a few years now. It's not worth cranking it up again with only 10,000 regular home supporters and a failure to sell out against their most hated rivals in their biggest game for years.

I'll be missing my first ever Derby having seen every one since the first in 1970, home and away.

Certainly not me.

The only propaganda machine in flow, is some of your colleagues prediciting a mass infiltration. Heard it all before.....zzzzzzz

I admit I am actually disappointed with our home support for a couple of years now. I also think there a several factors/reasons for it.

But, all said and done...both our clubs only have a limited pool to draw from. And at the mo....whether we like it or not....your home support is in excess of ours.....

Oh...and I will claim one thing....a far better away support that yourselves... biggrin.gif

OK....I will go and prepare for the mass invasion of B***ards and our old friends from Bolton...that said.....you both shared a terrace at ours once before (1987 week after the infamous FA cup game......we were indeed honoured).........and it still werent enough wink.gif

Perhaps not you OLS, just the other 19000 clarrots that will be at the Turf.

19000+3995 = 22,995.

The 19000 is one of you brethren speaking. As always each one says to a man, they never said that, but it get's said over and over. I'll say it again, we each have our embellishers.

When it comes to support you have more than us, embellishers that is. Why you are this way I don't know, it's a myth you clarrots have portrayed since I can remember. I think some of the older clarrots have these young uns heads filled with nonsense I really do. See there are so many of you that have happened along since the ORIENT game, it's easy to understand why us poor Rovers fans would be confused. 15,000 on when you were a point or so from going out of the league, this following many many gates below 3,000 but listening to you lot it seems impossible cos everyone of these "new" clarrots seem to claim they were there through thick and thin. It does not add up. You have always padded numbers, it's what you clarrots do. You have as long as I remember and most likely will continue to do so.

I liked the one where the subject of misplaced tickets came up, a number of 1500 was bandied around, the suggestions that perhaps you had sold 1500 less due to these misplaced tickets was met swiftly with a response from one of yours.

Classic this, the 1500 misplaced tickets were actually at Blackburn suggesting that in fact WE were 1500 short of a sell out. Only a clarrot could contrive that sort of story, sad part is, I get the feeling he actually believed it.

What's it matter fact is you were poorly supported in the top flight 4 decades ago, your urban legends began there, somehow skipping the 1500's and 2000's or 4500 record gate for the season against PNE, your support then was poor, but you always had the "population" thing huh.

COme on Rovers do these suckers, I'm growing tired of their rhetoric.

(Ewood Spark @ Feb 6 2005, 23:18 )

Never mind about our tickets, I've got a feeling that the Dingles may have trouble shifting their own tickets for this one. The only restriction they put on home ticket purchases (after their 8,500 season ticket holders got first bite of the cherry) was a stub from their West Yorkshire derby with Leeds yesterday. Given that this game in its own right should have pulled in a capacity crowd I was surprised to see that the attendance was less than 18,000. Even if everybody who satisfied the buying criterea bought a ticket for the Rovers match they would still need to shift another 3,500 on open sale. With the game being live on BBC I think they may struggle .... Anyway off to bed now with the alarm set for 5am....I'm not taking any risks for getting my ticket.  

Really? Out of interest how many capacity home crowds have Rovers had this year? Just to clarify I mean where all the home seats have been sold, not where you give 9000 to Man U etc? Not sure if you print them in your programs but I would be interested to know just how many Rovers fan turn up to home games

I would not worry to much about us selling our tickets for this one.

And on the who sold most tickets arguments, dress it how you want but we sold around 7000 last time, but I'll settle for 6000 which is still nearly twice what you sold for our place.

Now I accept you couldn't sell more than 3,800 - and you couldn;t even find that many that would travel the 10 miles, in a FREE luxury coach.

Now you can spout the general sale nonesense but I thought you had over 10000 season ticket holders? What 30% didn;t care enough to travel

and as for the ignorant banana eaters comments, just more reinforcement of the nations view of Rovers fans as bigots and racists I guess

Longsiders...A few weeks ago we had the following exchange...would you care to comment on the highlighted statement you made in response to my original observations? withstupid.gif

Ewood Spark....thats not my handy work.....try Longsider1882.....nice try though

Certainly not me.

Perhaps not you OLS, just the other 19000 clarrots that will be at the Turf.

19000+3995 = 22,995.

The 19000 is one of you brethren speaking. As always each one says to a man, they never said that, but it get's said over and over. I'll say it again, we each have our embellishers.

When it comes to support you have more than us, embellishers that is. Why you are this way I don't know, it's a myth you clarrots have portrayed since I can remember. I think some of the older clarrots have these young uns heads filled with nonsense I really do. See there are so many of you that have happened along since the ORIENT game, it's easy to understand why us poor Rovers fans would be confused. 15,000 on when you were a point or so from going out of the league, this following many many gates below 3,000 but listening to you lot it seems impossible cos everyone of these "new" clarrots seem to claim they were there through thick and thin. It does not add up. You have always padded numbers, it's what you clarrots do. You have as long as I remember and most likely will continue to do so.

I liked the one where the subject of misplaced tickets came up, a number of 1500 was bandied around, the suggestions that perhaps you had sold 1500 less due to these misplaced tickets was met swiftly with a response from one of yours.

Classic this, the 1500 misplaced tickets were actually at Blackburn suggesting that in fact WE were 1500 short of a sell out. Only a clarrot could contrive that sort of story, sad part is, I get the feeling he actually believed it.

What's it matter fact is you were poorly supported in the top flight 4 decades ago, your urban legends began there, somehow skipping the 1500's and 2000's or 4500 record gate for the season against PNE, your support then was poor, but you always had the "population" thing huh.

COme on Rovers do these suckers, I'm growing tired of their rhetoric.

More references to our attendances during the dark days......I would have loved to have seen Rovers's attendances should they have been in a similar predicament. Mind you.....you were regularly getting 5 or 6,000 in the old second division.....nowt to write home about eh.....anyway, all the best for Sunday lads dry.gif

rover.gif on the subject off the match i am hoping that either charlton or soton get beat today to get the shock off the round out the way.

i take a intrest in bumley's results as they are our arch rivals,and to be honest they are doing very well in their division this season,due to the small squad they have, and like us having to sell there best players.

this tie is a lot closer than most off us would like to think,we have done brilliant as a club to change direction this season,if sourpuss was still here i shudder to think were we would be.if this tie was in the late 60's early 70's when scumley were the king's off the roost,we would as fans be more hopefull off turning them over,as it is we are the big time charlie's heading for a fall?

i am suprised the dingles have not sold out for this game,but we should know more than most how pathetic the footballing fans off east lancs can be.

as for tomorrow i urge every rovers fan,to go clothed in blue and white,everyone must have a shirt ,a scarf or a hat .sing your heart's out and let's make sure we will be in that draw for the 6th round tinykit.gif

More references to our attendances during the dark days......I would have loved to have seen Rovers's attendances should they have been in a similar predicament. Mind you.....you were regularly getting 5 or 6,000 in the old second division.....nowt to write home about eh.....anyway, all the best for Sunday lads dry.gif

But of course Longsider, what kind of Rovers fan would I be if I did not remind you of that, it's my duty. Ifs and maybe's are all you have for the "depths" theory. As you well know never at any time did we sink to pro footballs cellar, never. So one can only suppose.

Have a good time at the game, don't clock anyone either, I might know em. biggrin.gif

Blackburn is Burnley's slightly less poverty-stricken, slightly less dishevelled big Brother. Jack Walker's steel millions gave the town's football club Premiership pizzazz, and a superiority complex over their neighbours. Other teams exploit this scenario at Turf Moor. Leeds fans visiting Burnley two weeks ago chanted "You're just a small town in Blackburn," at the Claret faithful. It is the ultimate insult.

Leeds have just risen in my estimation !

Excerpt from the KING of the podiatry banana peelers.

"Burnley morale is high, as often happens when a team becomes greater than the combined sum of its parts. Rovers’ morale is low, their dressing-room a mess of clashing egos and overpaid, underachieving prima donnas. "

Would be a nice little verse to print out and hand to each of the players before the game. Where did he get this crap.

The nerves are really starting to jangle now, and i aint even got a ticket for it! Burnley have around 200 tickets left in the jimmy mac lower according to clurrots mad so it is near enough to being a sell out. C'mon Rovers anything but a defeat please rover.gif

Just coz Im not going to tempt fate im not going to make any predictions at all about this except that Jordan will get so drunk he ends up "singing slap a dingle" at 5:30pm sunday evening in the middle of Burnley Town Centre

Dingles 0 Rovers 2

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not a bad 201st consecutive game. God i cannot wait

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.