BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

To Hell And Back. Dingles 0 v Rovers 0

Ste B

Excerpt from the KING of the podiatry banana peelers.

"Burnley morale is high, as often happens when a team becomes greater than the combined sum of its parts. Rovers’ morale is low, their dressing-room a mess of clashing egos and overpaid, underachieving prima donnas. "

Would be a nice little verse to print out and hand to each of the players before the game. Where did he get this crap.

It is indeed crap. I reacted at the bit you mentioned, but even more at this:

"hope that we get some of the humour that this rivalry has spawned, as when Trelleborgs, the Norwegian part-timers, dumped Rovers out of the Uefa Cup"

Some may think it's trivial, but I bet you lot wouldn't like it if they called Blackburn Scottish wink.gif

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As someone else said in a recent post, Burnley are doing remarkably well given all the financial problems they have had and maybe having sold their best two players is producing Everton like success.

I hope the arrogance shown by many Rovers supporters doesn't come home to roost.

rover.gif on the subject off the match i am hoping that either charlton or soton get beat today to get the shock off the round out the way.

Leicester win, Soton/Brentford draw.

Good one waggy smile.gif

More references to our attendances during the dark days......I would have loved to have seen Rovers's attendances should they have been in a similar predicament. Mind you.....you were regularly getting 5 or 6,000 in the old second division.....nowt to write home about eh.....anyway, all the best for Sunday lads dry.gif

If's and but's. And here's another for you. imo (notwithstanding that Burnley would have got a lot bigger allocation than we have received) there would be a much bigger home crowd should the tie have been drawn at Ewood Park.

As someone else said in a recent post, Burnley are doing remarkably well given all the financial problems they have had and maybe having sold their best two players is producing Everton like success.

I hope the arrogance shown by many Rovers supporters doesn't come home to roost.

Burnley have done well this season, considering their small squad, crap players and financial troubles. Rovers can't go into this game, being over confident or they will be caught out, which isn't worth thinking about. Today has seen Leicester beating Charlton and Brentford coming from two goals down to draw with Southampton. This should provide the team with enough incentive to go into this game, with the right frame of mind. I still think that we will win, but we can't take anything for granted.

ITs going to be a fantastic game of 1980's style football - ie crap footer - good fighting.

Id forgot about branches tackle on Dunn

The tackle was made by Kevin Ball not Branch.

Maybe we should bring Bally back for this one game.See you all tomorrow even the foolhardy few in the Burnley section. ohmy.gif

a win for rovers is a must

has someone who lives in Nelson (nr Burnley) just a quick note please fans of both teams no fighting, I would not like to read that someone gets badly hurt after all its a football match not life or death thumbs-up.gif

Both have won trophies, them more than us, not least thanks to the millions of the late Jack Walker

"Not least"? Those millions helped us win one trophy out of however many we won. And he can't even get the slogan on the banner right.

Typical.

thought you had won the Prem and the League cup thanks to Jack Walker? Pre his input what year was the last Cup?

In fact in the years between the end of world war 2 and Jacks input what did you win exactly? Do you need a clue to answer that - it rhymes with hero.

There are various things to answer on here

Firstly the ticket sales. Not sure how many are left but 'losing' however many they managed to in a box doesn't help. Amazing that for once you have sold your allocation (and of course half the tickets in the home stands) and suddenly the pointless attendance arguments are now important to you. Still it's a sell out bar a couple of hundred - I'll settle for that

700 in the longside? That I cannot wait to see.

USA, If i have given you the impression I don;t care about this game then I apologise - I really do care about winning this one, more than the last 2 games and the only thing I would swap a victory tomorrow for is promotion (or a draw and winning the replay - which would be even sweeter).

Anyway, its nearly here so there will not be much more to say until after the fianl whistle I guess. I'm sure you will understand if I don't wish you luck but at least its not a long drive home after defeat

thought you had won the Prem and the League cup thanks to Jack Walker? Pre his input what year was the last Cup?

In fact in the years between the end of world war 2 and Jacks input what did you win exactly? Do you need a clue to answer that - it rhymes with hero.

And that's pertinent in what way exactly to the Campbell quote I highlighted? My point was most of the trophies we've won had nothing to do with Jack Walker, when they were won is immaterial, Campbell's quote is a distortion, and now you've distroted my response to it!

You dingles are all the same, arent you?!

you dont half tak crud mate. You may have a short ride home but on the way please dont smash any shop windows !

You make it like bumley are the be all and end all of the championship. face facts dingle your a second rate 1st div team at best, a poor home support, an even poorer away set of fans, a crap ground, a crap pitch, no star players as you had to sell him to make some money to survive the summer without any income,an awful hovel of a town with NO pubs! rolleyes.gif

there are probably many more my claret and blue friend but I honetly need my beauty sleep before that horrendous treck into the realms of deepest east lancs the land of the trolls.

nothing would make me happier than if at 8pm tomorow evening, after the ale is starting to wear off, you come on here and eat some very humble pie and more.

tinykit.gif

. Amazing that for once you have sold your allocation (and of course half the tickets in the home stands) and suddenly the pointless attendance arguments are now important to you. Still it's a sell out bar a couple of hundred - I'll settle for that

Of course, its not like burnley fans to exaggerate crowds now is it ? dry.gif

Its been a traditional burnley trait for the last few yrs, so dont try and put it back on us. Most of us estimate around 500 Rovers fans dotted around the ground, that not and unlikely figure is it?

With regards to tickets and crowds, if you dont want us to mention them, then dont come on here within 5 mins of the draw with crap like 'hope you sell more than 1,700 this time' and 'burnley fans are real supporters cos we will sell out' As the you aint sold out and we have, is it any wonder we take the mick, you keeping quiet in the first place might help!!

little lads gran said to him she was taking him to the park tomm avo.Kiero says NO WAY GRAN IF I CANT GO WITH DAD TOMMORROW IM STAYING IN AND WATCHING IT ON TELLY,he then runs round room singing about bannanas and feet.

guinnessed up now BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!

YOU KNOW MY PREDICTION RECORD....HERE IT IS

8-0 DINGLES!!!

SDORTED

Some serious trouble between notlob and dingles back in the late 80's at turf moor. I think it was a 3rd round cup came (which notlob won) and the police had to lock up 100's in various stations around lancs. If memory serves me right, they played each other 7 days later in the league without any trouble.

I think the mayor publically called for calm after the first fiasco and there was no repeat of violence. Was it 1989?

And Revidge, I'll still be here next week. wink.gif

Flippin' 'eck I've pulled!

ohmy.gif

Don't even think about it Rev they are proud of their gene pool, you could cause some form of disaster if an outsider was to start mixing it up now. Natures a complicated thing.

With regards to tickets and crowds, if you dont want us to mention them, then dont come on here within 5 mins of the draw with crap like 'hope you sell more than 1,700 this time' and 'burnley fans are real supporters cos we will sell out' As the you aint sold out and we have, is it any wonder we take the mick, you keeping quiet in the first place might help!!

Very very eloquently shoved right up his arse, well done BRFC4eva.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.