SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

To Hell And Back. Dingles 0 v Rovers 0

Ste B

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob Lord for us........at least we won't be in there two hours before and an hour afterwards

You'll be right as rain in there. A stand for the OAP's, we often get the odd away fan in there.

If anyone has tickets in the Jimmy Mac end - you should be ok in there although the stewards will obviously show you the way out if you do decide to reveal your true colours.

If you're in the Longside - all the best. Rumours have flown thick and fast over who's got tickets in the Longside in recent years but the last time I can remember anyone doing it was a group of plucky Darlington (!!) fans way back in '89 when it was still terracing. I readily admired their gung-ho spirit at the time but the afternoon did not end well for them. All credit to 'em though.

For those without tickets, or access to a TV, Rovers World will be providing free commentary from t'Turf...

http://matchlive.matchlive.premiumtv.co.uk...p?club_id=10202

oh great - 90 minutes of the commentary cutting out ever 30 secs - leasst it doesnt miss anything but the game on RR finishes 15 minutes after ft

NOTE TO ADMIN - CANT GET CHAT TO WORK - STILL. Help please

I have been advised there will be dingles in our end who are on a freebie - my mate ( who is a Burnley fan BTW) has asked them why they don't buy a ticket in the Burnley end and sell him the BB End tickets - we know as many others do Rovers fans who want them.

I just hope its not Sheff Utd again without the pens

Come on You Blues

Can't see past another 0-2 victory to us, similar to what happened last time - maybe a nice goal from Savage just before half time with Pedersen getting clear towards the end and spanking one in the bottom corner.

We pasted Norwich last week (who ran away with the Chumpionship last year) without even trying so if we play full strength and full speed I can't see anyone in the Burnley team who is good enough to stop us.

Looking forward to the atmosphere more than anything tho - last time at Turf was stood right at the back so didn't get to abuse the Bumley fans that much but this time I thinks we're right at the front in the corner close to the Longside!

Anyone know which way the seat numbers run and what numbers they go up to???

Sky Sports News are doing a nice build up to the game. They’ve just shown your typical Dingle type in their ticket office.

“I had ticket for t’game and put it next t’bed for't safe keeping. Only dog chewed t’up. Must be t'Blackburn fan 't 't”.

“Have you kept the dog?” asked Sky’s time travelling reporter. “'t 't I’ve got t’replacement ticket now and will be supporting t’lads” replied the Dingle as the joke / question flew over his head.

It's spelt copyright.

Does your club have a marketing department?

wow spelling corrections from an Aussie - shouldn't you be pulling pints by now or is it only when Aussies come to England the only work they've got the brains for is behind a bar?

Yes we do - and just for that I think I will report this infringement!!!!

Sorry if I got the Villa date wrong - If it was after we had thumped them 3-1 they beat you then I apologise for not checking my facts.

On the Dick head - I mean Dickoff thing - well our central defenders (McGreal/Sinclair and even young Cahill) have dealt with better. Todd's a good defender but you know Ian Moore does seem to have a knack of scoring in this competition. The player that concerns me most from your squad is Savage TBH

We have 2 wingers that your defenders have to deal with. Whilst it may be at a higher level you have conceded 36 goals in 27 games - we have conceded 25 goals in 31 games.

You have the added pressure of being expected to win - and win comfortably against a squad from a lower division that consists of 14 senior pro's - just let that sink in 14 senior pro's, imagine losing to that. Imagine it after the game, a squad containing not one player good enough to get into your team (according to you), from your arch rivals who can't even muster enough senior pro's to fill the bench and you have lost - wow what a bummer.

Of course if recent reports are anything to go by you could have kicked our team off the pitch by then

80 coaches? Unless your planning to park one across your goal I am not sure how they are going to help you.

You know, you started out quite well, but now of late your true clarrot vitriol is beginning to shine through. Frankly you are boring me you sound just like the rest, trying to downplay things when in fact beating us is something you want most in the world.

I;ve read your boards, go on pretend not to be one of the hateful masses, I don't care. I did not really give a toss about the outcome of this game, the premiership and our staying in it is far far more important than beating a borrowed team with no history or accomplishments. But, you know what your sorry ramblings have made me hope we beat you, and beat you well. Even so if you get hammered you'll be playing your "nothing to lose card" but all the time you'll be crying behind the hand before you fold. May be beat you and beat you soundly just for the hypocrites as your self.

Stop letting the dingles get to you. Only to wait 2 more days now and there'll be neither sight nor sound of em. rover.gif

Good luck to those in the Burnley end! lol. Thought i was risking it going on the train!

USA Blue - We had scouts at Crewe v Burnley earlier this week..

Was one game enough do you suppose. Are the clarrots imaginitive enough to have more than one style of play.

For those without tickets, or access to a TV, Rovers World will be providing free commentary from t'Turf...

http://matchlive.matchlive.premiumtv.co.uk...p?club_id=10202

oh great - 90 minutes of the commentary cutting out ever 30 secs - leasst it doesnt miss anything but the game on RR finishes 15 minutes after ft

NOTE TO ADMIN - CANT GET CHAT TO WORK - STILL. Help please

Mine was cutting out every 8 seconds, yes 8 I watched it. To fix it I actually had to go and revert back to the older version of media player, fixed it good, no problems since.

well well well

news from the hills of deepest east lancs is suggesting that as many as 500-700 Rovers fans may have obtained tickets for the home area.

strategic plans are in force to locate any "large" infiltration of away supporters to the far end of the main stand near to the horde of blue and white supporters should it happen.

hehehehehehehe

cant wait tinykit.gif

I wonder if this match mightn't be too frenetic and physical for Tugay to dominate. Burnley will no doubt have noticed his influence on the Norwich game and could do a Martin O'Neill style targetting of the Turk. Tugay is at his best with time on the ball and not too much tackling to perform - conditions might not be to his liking - with extra responsibility on Savage as a result.

well well well

news from the hills of deepest east lancs is suggesting that as many as 500-700 Rovers fans may have obtained tickets for the home area.

strategic plans are in force to locate any "large" infiltration of away supporters to the far end of the main stand near to the horde of blue and white supporters should it happen.

hehehehehehehe

cant wait tinykit.gif

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Jackanory!

Dont you just love the farfetched rumours that surround these games...?

A few stellas on a Friday afternoon, and then 50 becomes 500.

Quality!

That will suit us smile.gif

Dont you just love the farfetched rumours that surround these games...?

A few stellas on a Friday afternoon, and then 50 becomes 500.

Perhaps if you had been able to shift your tickets you could have had the last laugh. ohmy.gif

There will be Rovers fans in home areas - who knows how many? I know of two Bolton lads who are missing Wanderers this weekend to take in the East Lancs Derby!

Burnley's propaganda machine of best support in the land blah, blah, blah has been defunct for a few years now. It's not worth cranking it up again with only 10,000 regular home supporters and a failure to sell out against their most hated rivals in their biggest game for years.

I'll be missing my first ever Derby having seen every one since the first in 1970, home and away.

Come On You Blues! tinykit.gif

A vital game for us, we've had a dismal couple of seasons with not much to shout about and a victory in this tie will go a long way to redressing the balance.

I expect nothing less than a fully committed and professional performance because if we play to our full potential and Burnley play to theirs we will win. thumbs-up.gif

Question: are the semis at the Millennium this time round? If we win are we just 90 minutes away from a Cardiff return? huh.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.