BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Semi Final

doowe

is anyone staying over in Bristol on the friday night? Just wondering what transport would be like from there to Cardiff?

If not where would be the best place to stay?

Trains from Bristol go hourly, take 40 minutes and cost £7.30 return, so not a bad bet.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is anyone staying over in Bristol on the friday night? Just wondering what transport would be like from there to Cardiff?

If not where would be the best place to stay?

Trains from Bristol go hourly, take 40 minutes and cost £7.30 return, so not a bad bet.

cheers.

Incidentally, if anyone else is having similar thoughts but cant get down then there's two spare seats in my car (for a small donation! tongue.gif ).

Also we'll be going out on the friday night no doubt so if anyone else will be there and wants to meet up for a few beers then let us know!

Edited by cn_barlow

Look folks, I think we are aware by now that most fans of all 4 clubs in the semi finals of the FA cup are unhappy with the arrangements. We have seen copies of letters sent and copies of replies. All well and good.

But, can we now please start getting excited. 4 weeks tomorrow we are in the semi final of the FA cup. The naff arrangements are in place, we have the mighty Arsenal in our way but this is a football game we can win. You just never know. Imagine that, Blackburn Rovers in the FA cup final.

If the authorities want Cardiff brought to its knees then lets not dissapoint them.

Lets get 30000 Rovers in to that stadium and lift the effing roof.

Bring it on.

Bring on 4 weeks tomorrow.

Bring on Arsenal.

COME ON ROVERS, COME ON YOU BLUES.

Is there any possibility of a travel page being set up where fans wanting a lift or fans offering lifts could get in touch? Thereby ensuring more support on the day. I am now the only one going on the day of the game probably on the 5am coach from ewood but would much prefer to join a car group who had a spare seat either from St Helens (unlikely!) or Leyland.

ticket news tomorrow at the game

looks like they go on sale Friday and I am sure that after listening to JW there will be queues, there will be a hotline and there will be a postal vote.

Now then DONT all rush at once and please

Board....

can we shoot the first whinger re ticket sales ? laugh.gif

It's not the best of times, not necessarily the preferred day, but what the heck!

Time to stop the moaning, book your tickets, arrange your travel and GET DOWN TO CARDIFF AND GIVE THE BOYS THE SUPPORT THEY DESERVE! rover.gif

For those stopping at Bristol you will have a brill time, I used to live in Bristol...what a City.

Seriously; is anyone out there interested in grouping together to charter a flight from Blacbpool to Cardiff with coach transport? PM me to gauge interest.

For those stopping at Bristol you will have a brill time, I used to live in Bristol...what a City.

Seriously; is anyone out there interested in grouping together to charter a flight from Blacbpool to Cardiff with coach transport? PM me to gauge interest.

Any idea of what the costs would be?

test

Mark Hughes and his Blackburn side have nicked Arsenal's lucky hotel ahead of their FA Cup semi-final clash. (Daily Mail)

Doesn't matter - good things come in threes and we will have been to Cardiff twice this year. Third time very lucky? smile.gif

Had a fair night out in Bristol once when we played Bristol Rovers, also great night in Chipping Sodbury if you can believe it or not. Local plod followed us all night had a great time though, bout 9 of us in 2 cars (we walked fo rthe drinking) nice pubs. Toward the end of the night though they started ot only allow us one drink in each pub then moved us on.

(USAblues eyes become glassy reminiscing)

Mark Hughes and his Blackburn side have nicked Arsenal's lucky hotel ahead of their FA Cup semi-final clash. (Daily Mail)

Doesn't matter - good things come in threes and we will have been to Cardiff twice this year. Third time very lucky? smile.gif

Yeah, let the games begin. Hughesy 1 Wenger 0, love it. That is a great "up yours" in my mind.

Try pm'ing Whittle Blue, he's been testing the water on a flight.

Seriously; is anyone out there interested in grouping together to charter a flight from Blacbpool to Cardiff with coach transport?  PM me to gauge interest.

Try pm'ing Whittle Blue, he's been testing the water on a flight.

I've only looked for scheduled flight times Den.

I wont be doing any organising but wiill help with investigation if required. smile.gif

Warning, I went to Bristol before the Worthy Cup final with 4 other lads and it was an absolute nightmare getting in pubs. Unless you had a West Country twang it was couples only in most pubs.

Edited by Hasta

Warning, I went to Bristol before the Worthy Cup final with 4 other lads and it was an absolute nightmare getting in pubs. Unless you had a West Country twang it was couples only in most pubs.

Only need to get into one though.

If not, there must be a bar at the hotel!

Only need to get into one though.

If not, there must be a bar at the hotel!

I'm sure Preston Blue could share his expertise on the area and let us know of some places.

Student bars would be even better! rolleyes.gif

rover.gif Looking at the Cardiff ticket details there dont seem to be many £25 or £35 tickets (green and yellow) vast majority are blue and red (£45 or £55.

Someone please charter a special train to Cardiff, got to be a better option than hours stuck in endless traffic jams, at least on a train we can move about stretch the legs and pull faces at people when we go through stations!!!