SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness Out!

LeftWinger

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So cheers Graham you lost it at the end ut the Worthy Cup victory, Promotion and finishing 6th all have a little place in my heart for you.

Graham?!

317965[/snapback]

oops - im more interested in what "ut" might be - must have spilt coke on the "B" button on my keyboard

• 2 weeks later...

Just bringing this up to blame Souness for Steads season. If the nice gentleman had never fallen out with Cole- surely we'd have had a better season out of Stead. I don't know- just blaming Souness for everything seems to make me feel better.

Just bringing this up to blame Souness for Steads season. If the nice gentleman had never fallen out with Cole- surely we'd have had a better season out of Stead. I don't know- just blaming Souness for everything seems to make me feel better.

320116[/snapback]

If it works, why not wink.gifbiggrin.gif

317984[/snapback]

You're right, Stead sitting on the bench all season while Cole played up front on his own would have done wonders for the lad's form.

Edited by Radagast

Ah but you see, if we could actually get the ball in the net at the other end, we wouldn't have had to rely on keeping clean sheets and therefore play 4-5-1 all the time!!

This morning's gossip has Bowyer being bid for by West Ham for £1.5m and Ambrose wanted by Charlton for a similar amount.

So Bellamy is sitting tight at St James's whilst players Souness is reported to want to keep are quite possibly on their way.

Couldn't happen to a nicer club....

Hasn't he got enough problems in the dressing room?

With the amount of influence Shearer has I can't see this one happening.

Also did Newcastle finish high enough to warrent a place in the Intertoto cup and didn't Souness say somewhere that he didn't want to enter the Intertoto cup?

I lost a bit of respect for Scott Parker in January 2004, after the way he treated Alan Curbishley and Charlton fans by demanding a move to Stamford Bridge - at a club where he was always likely to find regular first-team football hard to come by.

I've got even less respect for him now after he joined the shower at St James' Park today and ludicrously told the press conference this afternoon: "I don't feel that Newcastle underachieved last season."

In case he didn't realise, Newcastle United last season finished in their worst league position (14th) since they were promoted to the Premiership in 1993, they had their lowest points total (44 points) , with 57 goals conceded - after some humiliating defeats such as losing 4-1 at home to Fulham.

If that isn't "underachieving" then I don't know what is....

Parker told the press conference today: "I was impressed with the manager Graeme Souness. He's a major factor behind my decision."

Well I'm not impressed with your judgment Scott...

And if you turned down the opportunity of Champions League football with Everton to join in with the Intertoto-Bob Cup at Newcastle, then I think you're a mug.

Are you going to kiss the badge at Newcastle, like you did at Chelsea and Charlton, or will it be the shirt whipped off for the cameras ?

user posted image

my everton supporting friends tell me that moyes was not willing break the whole pay structure of the club to sign parker, so it seems that parker's motives are mostly (if not entirely) financial. so here's hoping he has a miserable next season. i dont think his quotes mean alot either, because spurs were supposedly after him as well, and i thought he was a spurs fan?

I lost a bit of respect for Scott Parker in January 2004, after the way he treated Alan Curbishley and Charlton fans by demanding a move to Stamford Bridge - at a club where he was always likely to find regular first-team football hard to come by.

I've got even less respect for him now after he joined the shower at St James' Park today and ludicrously told the press conference this afternoon: "I don't feel that Newcastle underachieved last season."

In case he didn't realise, Newcastle United last season finished in their worst league position (14th) since they were promoted to the Premiership in 1993, they had their lowest points total (44 points) , with 57 goals conceded - after some humiliating defeats such as losing 4-1 at home to Fulham.

If that isn't "underachieving" then I don't know what is....

Parker told the press conference today: "I was impressed with the manager Graeme Souness. He's a major factor behind my decision."

Well I'm not impressed with your judgment Scott...

And if you turned down the opportunity of Champions League football with Everton to join in with the Intertoto-Bob Cup at Newcastle, then I think you're a mug.

Are you going to kiss the badge at Newcastle, like you did at Chelsea and Charlton, or will it be the shirt whipped off for the cameras ?

why oh why did you have to bring this topic back to the top. Couldnt you have typed your usuall 'state the bleedin obvious' post in the premiership transfer thread AESF. Souness left months ago now, if some of you really dont like Souness anymore,why keep talking about him

Edited by greggyk

Newcastle without Shearer t will go the same way we did.when we lost him..fall then bounce back...I reckon The top 3 places are already taken for years..its the last Champions league position that we all have the same chance of gettingl...

He's just been fined £20K for his touchline antics. Happy Days.

324292[/snapback]

It's barely going to hurt someone of his wealth- I really don't see the point. They need to find another way of disciplining people on that much money. Ie. A fine of two weeks wages for Rio Ferdinand won't bother him- he'll still get 100k over 3 weeks. Losing two weeks wages for 99% of supporters would be a major problem. Heard once Strachan commenting on Jay Bothroyd. He fined him two weeks wages for something- and Jay turned round and said money wasn't important to him so he didnt care. Then Strach banned him from playing for a month and he "cried like a baby". Another example of a stupid fine is that given to Chelsea over the Ashley Cole affair. Its spare change to a club like that- it obviously didn't discourage them- see Arnesen. Deducting them points would hurt more.

why oh why did you have to bring this topic back to the top AESF

Well it gives me something to moan about, but you're probably right....

With hindsight, my comments about Parker may have been more suited to the Premiership transfer thread.

Souness will last less than 15 games next season, anyone else like to offer the number of games he will last...... anyone think it will be the full 38?

I was interested to see the "Sack Race" betting, Oscar.

I was expecting Graeme Souness to be among the Top 3 favourites to get the boot first in the Premiership. I was rather surprised to learn that with William Hills, Souness is only the joint 6th favourite to get the sack first, at 12/1.

I certainly think that Souey is more likely to get the push before Alan Curbishley at Charlton, for example, who is only 8/1.

Curbishley is the third longest serving manager in Britain after Dario Gradi and Ferguson. Alan's been in charge at the Valley since 1991. He seems to have a supportive Chairman, he's on a long contract at the club, and generally has quite a good relationship with the supporters - who appreciate the job that he's done for them over the last 14 years.

The only circumstances that I could see Curbishley getting the sack would be if Charlton got off to a horrendous start, being around the bottom of the table near Christmas, and the Charlton fans started to get on Curbishley's back - leading to the chairman panicking about their Premiership status.

Otherwise, provided Charlton don't get off to a dreadful start, I think that Curbishley's job is reasonably safe.

The three favourites to get the sack first are Chris Coleman (who came under pressure last season, admitting that his job might be under threat from Chairman Mo) , Alain Perrin (Some Portsmouth fans are not entirely sure about the Frenchman's credentials) and Alan Pardew (Despite promotion via the play-offs, Hammers fans may get on Pardew's back if the club doesn't get off to a decent start in the Premiership.)

Here is the full list of betting odds. (Courtesy of William Hills.)

First Premiership manager to leave:

7/1 Chris Coleman, Alain Perrin, Alan Pardew.

8/1 Alan Curbishley

9/1 Bryan Robson

12/1 Graeme Souness, Paul Jewell, Mick McCarthy.

14/1 Sir Alex Ferguson, Steve McClaren, David O'Leary.

16/1 Rafa Benitez,.

20/1 Mark Hughes, Steve Bruce, Martin Jol.

25/1 David Moyes, Stuart Pearce.

33/1 Sam Allardyce (On a very long contract at Bolton.)

66/1 Arsene Wenger

100/1 Jose Mourinho.

40/1 - No Premiership manager to go before the end of 2005/6 season.

Edited by Anti Euro Smiths Fan

why oh why did you have to bring this topic back to the top AESF

Well it gives me something to moan about, but your probably right....

With hindsight, my comments about Parker may have been more suited to the Premiership transfer thread.

Souness will last less than 15 games next season, anyone else like to offer the number of games he will last...... anyone think it will be the full 38?

I was interested to see the "Sack Race" betting, Oscar.

I was expecting Graeme Souness to be among the Top 3 favourites to get the boot first in the Premiership. I was rather surprised to learn that with William Hills, Souness is only the joint 6th favourite to get the sack first, at 12/1.

I certainly think that Souey is more likely to get the push before Alan Curbishley at Charlton, for example, who is only 8/1.

Curbishley is the third longest serving manager in Britain after Dario Gradi and Ferguson. Alan's been in charge at the Valley since 1991. He seems to have a supportive Chairman, he's on a long contract at the club, and generally has quite a good relationship with the supporters - who appreciate the job that he's done for them over the last 14 years.

The only circumstances that I could see Curbishley getting the sack would be if Charlton got off to a horrendous start, being around the bottom of the table near Christmas, and the Charlton fans started to get on Curbishley's back - leading to the chairman panicking about their Premiership status.

Otherwise, provided Charlton don't get off to a dreadful start, I think that Curbishley's job is reasonably safe.

The three favourites to get the sack first are Chris Coleman (who came under pressure last season, admitting that his job might be under threat from Chairman Mo) , Alain Perrin (Some Portsmouth fans are not entirely sure about the Frenchman's credentials) and Alan Pardew (Despite promotion via the play-offs, Hammers fans may get on Pardew's back if the club doesn't get off to a decent start in the Premiership.)

Here is the full list of betting odds. (Courtesy of William Hills.)

First Premiership manager to leave:

7/1 Chris Coleman, Alain Perrin, Alan Pardew.

8/1 Alan Curbishley

9/1 Bryan Robson

12/1 Graeme Souness, Paul Jewell, Mick McCarthy.

14/1 Sir Alex Ferguson, Steve McClaren, David O'Leary.

16/1 Rafa Benitez,.

20/1 Mark Hughes, Steve Bruce, Martin Jol.

25/1 David Moyes, Stuart Pearce.

33/1 Sam Allardyce (On a very long contract at Bolton.)

66/1 Arsene Wenger

100/1 Jose Mourinho.

40/1 - No Premiership manager to go before the end of 2005/6 season.

324787[/snapback]

Rafa for me when he disappears to Real Madrid taking Gerrard with him before the season starts!!

Well it gives me something to moan about, but your probably right....

324787[/snapback]

Quite an elementary error there, Smithy.

Dictionary.com defines "your" as "The possessive form of you.

1. Used as a modifier before a noun: your boots; your accomplishments.

2. A person's; one's: The light switch is on your right.

3. Informal. Used with little or no sense of possession to indicate a type familiar to the listener: your basic three-story frame house."

The same website defines "you're" as a "Contraction of you are."

Clearly, the difference in meaning renders one of the words inappropriate for use in the context of your sentence.

The major feature of the word "you're" is the apostrophe, used to join the 'you' and 'are'. It is certainly a simple mistake to make, but one that I find can happen all too often if care isn't taken. I like to think of the golden rules of using an apostrophe if I'm ever in doubt:

The apostrophe has three uses:

1) to form possessives of nouns

2) to show the omission of letters

3) to indicate certain plurals of lowercase letters.

Apostrophes are NOT used for possessive pronouns or for noun plurals, including acronyms.

A website I stumbled across has images and information about National Punctuation Day. Here is one of the pictures:

user posted image

We could all learn a lesson from this. Good English provides this country with the backbone for a successful future.

I hope you don't feel I'm picking on you personally, Smithy. You are certainly one of the better posters on the board in terms of both content and grammatical sense.

Here are the odds for the winner of the 2005 baseball World Series, courtesy of Ladbrokes.com:

New York Yankees 4/1

St Louis Cardinals 4/1

Boston Red Sox 6/1

San Diego Padres 10/1

Chicago White Sox 12/1

Atlanta Braves 14/1

Florida Marlins 14/1

LA Angels of Anaheim 14/1

Baltimore Orioles 16/1

Minnesota Twins 16/1

Philadelphia Phillies 20/1

Arizona Diamondbacks 33/1

Chicago Cubs 33/1

Los Angeles Dodgers 33/1

New York Mets 33/1

Texas Rangers 33/1

Washington Nationals 40/1

Toronto Blue Jays 66/1

San Francisco Giants 100/1

Seattle Mariners 150/1

Cleveland Indians 200/1

Houston Astros 200/1

Oakland Athletics 200/1

Pittsburgh Pirates 200/1

Detroit Tigers 300/1

Milwaukee Brewers 300/1

Cincinnati Reds 500/1

Colorado Rockies 5000/1

Kansas City Royals 5000/1

Tampa Bay Devil Rays 5000/1

Edited by bellamy11

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.