Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness Out!

LeftWinger

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps Shepherd is right.

Despite the league position, Newcastle - along with Chelsea - are today expected to join the the G-14 group of elite European clubs at a meeting in Lisbon.

I've got to admit, that even though I have heard of the G14, I didn't have a clue what they stood for.

Having a quick look around their website, it appears as though they are trying to fight back against the international bodies who have the power to dictate against the clubs wishes.

They do come across as being a very private organisation though.

G14

Thought I would add this:

http://www.football365.com/news/premiershi...ry_152659.shtml

Graeme Souness has denied that he has a history of falling out with his footballers - insisting he has ONLY fallen out with five players.

In a bizarre interview with local newspaper the Newcastle Evening Chronicle in which he answered Toon fans' questions, Souness defended his disciplinary record with a repetitive outburst.

He said: "Who are these players I have supposed to have fallen out with? Andy Cole? I rest my case. David Dunn? I rest my case. Craig Bellamy? I rest my case. Andy Todd? I rest my case. Dwight Yorke? We only fell out once at one training session.

"Don't forget I have managed hundreds of players in my 19 years as a manager. So I have fallen out with five of them? I rest my case."

I don't know whether that interview was a stitch up by an unsympathetic journo but if it isn't, Souness has lost his marbles.

He makes no sense whatsoever if you read the extended version on the sky site.

What is all this "I rest my case nonsense"?

Andy Cole- second highest goal scorer in the history of the Prem whom Souness singularly failed to motivate/manage when Kegan and Ferguson had no problems getting him to play.

David Dunn- is Souness saying he foresaw Dunny's injury problems which the Birmingham medical didn't detect or is Souness claiming credit for inflicting Dunn's problems?

Craig Bellamy- seems that Martin O'Neill and Mark Hughes have a different opinion. Bellamy certainly showing he can play and score at a lower level and no doubt can still hack it back in the big time.

Andy Todd- well and truly burying Souness' case against him and long may it continue. Over the second half of last season, showed himself to be a vastly superior defender to the £8m Boumsong signed by....

Dwight Yorke- which misguided Manager paid £2m for him when Ferguson had already binned him as demotivated and therefore no good? Perhaps worth asking why Souness ONLY fell out with him once in a training session when most Rovers fans would have fallen out with Yorke EVERY training session.

Edited by philipl

Perhaps Shepherd is right.

Despite the league position, Newcastle - along with Chelsea - are today expected to join the the G-14 group of elite European clubs at a meeting in Lisbon.

I've got to admit, that even though I have heard of the G14, I didn't have a clue what they stood for.

Having a quick look around their website, it appears as though they are trying to fight back against the international bodies who have the power to dictate against the clubs wishes.

They do come across as being a very private organisation though.

G14

316559[/snapback]

Last night on talksport, Gab Marcotti said there was more chance of breasts growing on your head than Newcastle joining the G14.

Although this is the guy i met down in London who told me Robbie Savage was set to join Everton. about a week later he signed for Rovers blink.gif

No news about additions to the G14. I found this story hard to believe because:

1) Chelsea haven't applied

2) Newcastle fulfill virtually no criteria for admission apart from having a gobby chairman.

3) If Newcastle AND Chelsea had been admitted, at least another six clubs around Europe would have to be admitted and another twenty would cry foul.

Back to Souness and Newcastle-

The latest is that Shay Given has criticised Newcastle's performance last season as unacceptable. As close to saying get me out of this madhouse and into a proper football club as he dare.

Owen is going nowhere near the St James' mad house.

So Souness is back up at Ibrox supporting the Murray charity basket case. Having already sent £18.8m to the cause from Rovers and Newcastle, he is going to swell the coffers with an over-priced bid for Dado Prso.

and mahon (7) and gillespie (8) and hignett (9) and flitcroft (10) and curtis (11) and berg (12).........

316772[/snapback]

Hakan Sukur....(13) And I see he tries to play down his fall out with Dwight Yorke and in doing so fails to respond to Yorke's claim that he was left with scars on his shin from the 'fall out'.

I don't know who Souness thinks he's kidding. Quite simply, he has landed himself a job that is too big for him.

And I quote a certain Mr Shearer last night- when told by Wendy that his only medal to date was earned at Rovers -"and the way things are going that might be my only medal full stop".

Oh dear- are the knives out? And could they drive them in very, VERY deeply, please????

So I suppose the question is, where Souness goes from here?

If he stays at Newcastle, how does he turn the fans and player confidence around?

and

If he goes, what club in their right mind would take him on?

So I suppose the question is, where Souness goes from here?

If he stays at Newcastle, how does he turn the fans and player confidence around?

and

If he goes, what club in their right mind would take him on?

317191[/snapback]

Newcastle need someone who can sort the likes of Dyer, Robert, Jenas, Bowyer out. The problem is- Souness' man management skills are virtually non-existant. I think they need to re-build from scratch- getting rid of the people who have the massive egos. There's bound to be some foreign club that would take him on as manager I'm sure.

A very amusing article by Souness. I'm not sure how managing to demotivate a local lad from playing for his boyhood team is helping his case. Nor the fact he managed to alienate other equally committed players like Flitty.

Shepherd seems equally deluded. Best club after Chelsea??? Even putting aside my dislike of manure I reckon any player would reckon they'd have a better chance of winning something at Arsenal, Boro, Liverpool, Everton, Spurs, Man City or Villa. A good start to next season under Hughes and many a player might be finding Rovers a more attractive option too.

I said before that Souness won't last past christmas, at this rate he'll be lucky to get that far. Oh, and (14) Neil & (15) Gray.

I hate to agree with Freddy Shepherd, so I won't. I'll just concentrate on slagging off Souness.

When he joined Rovers I was very unhappy, but the success we had kept me happy.

However, I have to say that when he 'moved on' to the bar codes, somewhere I lived for 8 years, I have taken particular pleasure in times when they have slipped up (oh VE day!!)

I am suprised that he has kept Darth Shearer's seat warm for so long now, as I'd have thought that he'd have been sacked by Easter this year, by finishing in the bottom half of the league, as that is not going to be acceptable for the 6000 fans (as was in season 1990/91 when they languished in Div 2! - little known fact)

I suppose Yosser is going to have to wait a few months before he's going to have to ask 'Giv uz a job'

I hate to agree with Freddy Shepherd, so I won't.  I'll just concentrate on slagging off Souness.

When he joined Rovers I was very unhappy, but the success we had kept me happy.

However, I have to say that when he 'moved on' to the bar codes, somewhere I lived for 8 years, I have taken particular pleasure in times when they have slipped up (oh VE day!!)

I am suprised that he has kept Darth Shearer's seat warm for so long now, as I'd have thought that he'd have been sacked by Easter this year, by finishing in the bottom half of the league, as that is not going to be acceptable for the 6000 fans (as was in season 1990/91 when they languished in Div 2! - little known fact)

I suppose Yosser is going to have to wait a few months before he's going to have to ask 'Giv uz a job'

317531[/snapback]

cant people get over Souness please! Many, many months on we are still talking about the w****r and is there reallly any need?

Ok, a somewhat more serious post this time.

Had a little trawl through the Newcastle site to see what's going on and picked up Fat Freddie saying he "wants to clear the decks" before Souness starts signing anyone.

Obviously FF knows very little about his Manager's track record at Ewood. Apart from his first two summers, Rovers were left without:

- a left back

- a left winger

- and most recently, a centre forward who is neither unlucky nor stands taller than 5' 6".

When the window closes on 30 September it will be interesting to see where the gaps in the bar codes' squad are!

As it is, FF proudly announced he was going to Lisbon for the meeting of the G14 this week (in as loose a sense as any of us can say we are going to London for the Cabinet or Bank of England Monetary Policy Meeting- unless you happen to be Jack Straw reading this!) when he was in reality begging Sporting Lisbon to give him as much of his £8.5m back for Hugo Viana as he could possibly get (probably not a lot).

Then Kluyvert is definitely out (Big Sam's misfits seems to be the favoured destination). Hughes has gone, Bellamy won't even cross the threshhold for the start of Intertoto training next week whilst Robert seems certain to be on his way.

Brum want Butt (Savage replacement but they are in the market for so many midfielders I wonder if they are preparing for life without Dunn).

Given seems certain to go.

Then the heavenly twins, Bowyer and Dyer, are still around to spread harmony on Tyneside both having received so many final warnings that the term is utterly meaningless. So much for FF's clear out.

I wish people would give our second most succesful manager a break.

Yeah he left us in the smelly stuff - but no where near as bad as Kidd did.

So cheers Graham you lost it at the end ut the Worthy Cup victory, Promotion and finishing 6th all have a little place in my heart for you.

Im not an ungratefull short termed memoried @#/? like some of the people on this board

Ok, a somewhat more serious post this time.

Had a little trawl through the Newcastle site to see what's going on and picked up Fat Freddie saying he "wants to clear the decks" before Souness starts signing anyone.

Obviously FF knows very little about his Manager's track record at Ewood. Apart from his first two summers, Rovers were left without:

- a left back

- a left winger

- and most recently, a centre forward who is neither unlucky nor stands taller than 5' 6".

When the window closes on 30 September it will be interesting to see where the gaps in the bar codes' squad are!

As it is, FF proudly announced he was going to Lisbon for the meeting of the G14 this week (in as loose a sense as any of us can say we are going to London for the Cabinet or Bank of England Monetary Policy Meeting- unless you happen to be Jack Straw reading this!) when he was in reality begging Sporting Lisbon to give him as much of his £8.5m back for Hugo Viana as he could possibly get (probably not a lot).

Then Kluyvert is definitely out (Big Sam's misfits seems to be the favoured destination). Hughes has gone, Bellamy won't even cross the threshhold for the start of Intertoto training next week whilst Robert seems certain to be on his way.

Brum want Butt (Savage replacement but they are in the market for so many midfielders I wonder if they are preparing for life without Dunn).

Given seems certain to go.

Then the heavenly twins, Bowyer and Dyer, are still around to spread harmony on Tyneside both having received so many final warnings that the term is utterly meaningless.  So much for FF's clear out.

317704[/snapback]

Isn't it end of August when the window shuts?

I get the chronicle delivered and the articles made interesting reading, the newcastle fans asking some brutal questions....basically asking why they should have faith in him bearing in mind the state he left our team in and also asking about the role of Mr Dean Saunders!!!!

The beauty of the article was Souey was answering questions put forward by the fans and no punches were pulled and souness certainly sat on the fence at times. The chief sports writers, Alan Oliver and John Gibson are honest and fair and even they are concerned by souey's record so far but are saying give him at least next season. a lot of my mates are not waiting that long and have give up their tickets.

check this as well, season ticket prices for NUFC have been frozen and as a bonus for the poor season, upon renewal fans get a £10 voucher.......redeemable at shearers bar or the club shop!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.