BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness Out!

LeftWinger

Last 8 games. 7 clean sheets. Who can match that?

Rovers 3 Norwich 0

Everton 0 Rovers 1

Liverpool 0 Rovers 0

Rovers 0 Arsenal 1 *

Man Utd 0 Rovers 0

Rovers 3 Southampton 0

Rovers 1 Palace 0

Rovers 2 Man City 0

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last 8 games. 7 clean sheets. Who can match that?

Rovers 3 Norwich 0

Everton 0 Rovers 1

Liverpool 0 Rovers 0

Rovers 0 Arsenal 1 *

Man Utd 0 Rovers 0

Rovers 3 Southampton 0

Rovers 1 Palace 0

Rovers 2 Man City 0

Rovers 2 City 0? blink.gif Can you tell me Saturdays Lottery numbers too? biggrin.gif

Fitness levels under Mr Souness...

Obviously Garry Flitcroft wasn't a big fan of Souness towards the end, but reading the Flitty interview in the Rovers matchday programme on Saturday, I noticed Garry said of the Hughes regime:

"As a squad there is no doubt that we are fitter and stronger than before."

Jon Stead went a step further. Last December Jon said: "There has been a massive improvement in our fitness levels since Mark Hughes's arrival."

(A link to those comments from Stead HERE)

And after coming back from a broken foot last year, Steven Reid said of the Hughes regime: "The training has been magnificent. The lads are feeling fitter and stronger."

All of which appears to back up what Sparky said: "Fitness was something we needed to address. Within days of arriving here, I felt the squad needed to be fitter and stronger."

Links to some unhappy Geordies:

Newcastle are a disgrace to their fans

Pampered players

Fitness levels under Mr Souness...

Links to some unhappy Geordies:

Newcastle are a disgrace to their fans

That is an excellent write up by the Geordie, and certain aspects could be applied to the game and many other clubs including our very own and shows the contempt towards supporters and their feelings in the 'modern' game - even though at least our club does at times appear to have one ear at least to the fans.

As Gordon mentioned on the Baggies thread, Shearer has apparently told Craig Bellamy that if he ever sets foot in Newcastle again he'll knock his block off.

Bellamy allegedly taunted Shearer with a gloating text message after Newcastle were beaten 4-1 in the Cup - "You're legs have gone. You're past it. You can kiss my ar*e."

As an individual, Bellamy is an odious creature. But it has to be said that without him, Newcastle have looked a poorer team - lacking pace and thrust up front.

Bellamy isn't a prolific goalscorer - he managed only 28 goals in 93 Newcastle Premiership appearances. But he does offer pace, directness, purposeful running and plenty of goal-assists.

I'd like a player of his ability at Rovers. But I wouldn't want a person of his character at Ewood.

By all accounts, Bellamy is a thoroughly obnoxious git - (once allegedly throwing a £50 note at a girl behind the bar, saying: "Here's your wages for the week bitch.")

Someone who feigns injury, refuses to play on the wing and is generally a pain in the ar*e and a disruptive influence in the dressing room - is not someone I would warmly welcome at Ewood.

But Newcastle seem to have missed him. Souness has won only one of his last 8 matches (The 1st leg against Sporting Lisbon.)

In the last six weeks, Newcastle have lost to Aston Villa, Spurs, Norwich and Man Utd in the Premiership, drawn with Portsmouth and lost 4-1 to both Lisbon and United in the cups.

And with Celtic 5 points clear of Rangers and looking as if they'll win the SPL, who's having the last laugh here. Is Bellamy missing Newcastle, or are they missing him more?

Looks like there's a "Souness Out" thread on a different forum....

http://www.big-football-forum.co.uk/forum/...der=asc&start=0

Hmmm sadly I can't see Souness lasting long enough to well and truely mess up Newcastle. I give him to christmas at the latest.

All this negative media about Bellamy is beginning to worry me. I've no problem with 'problem players' with a reputation live Savage and Todd, but the amount of problems Bellamy seems to be causing suggests that there is little chance that it can be harnessed in the right direction.

Souness and the cartoons bottom at Christmas will do me fine so long as we beat them on the way.

Martin O'Neill doesn't seem to be having Bellaritis but I have to share the concerns expressed. Then again, Benni is no saint either.

As Gordon mentioned on the Baggies thread, Shearer has apparently told Craig Bellamy that if he ever sets foot in Newcastle again he'll knock his block off.

Might be better to look at next seasons fixtures before we contemplate signing Bellamy.

Just think if we signed him in the summer only to find the first match of the new season was the geordies at St.James'.

"Bellamy's season cut short as he has lost his head"

On a personal point I think he is a good player but I feel the dissruption caused by him in the dressing room would be a terrible price to pay after all the good work this term.

You never know though. Spending some time in Glasgow where in is not too beneficial to your health if one goes around saying stupid things in the wrong places, might have actually done him some good.

By all accounts, Bellamy is a thoroughly obnoxious git - (once allegedly throwing a £50 note at a girl behind the bar, saying: "Here's your wages for the week bitch.")

I do that every week at my local ... blink.gif

If I had been that girl I think I would have at first been upset, but later pleased. Maybe we should sign him, then just insult him everywhere he goes and could make ourselves some money. The club might get all of their money back.

I smell spin here

He's been absolutely fine at Celtic. But then he's playing for a decent manager (in all senses of the word), with good players and in front of more fans every week than at Newcastle (and fans who worship HIM as opposed to not being able to see past Shearer.)

The geordies have let the inmates run the asylum well and truly. which makes me very hapy, as I didn't like them before anyway.

Jan he has had trouble at every club he has been at, and a number of past team-mates have come out and said so. Of course he will be all smiles when he joins a new club just as Anelka was at Citeh. Sadly it is like waiting for a bomb to explode, you just know it will at some point. If we could get a good season out of him though, i'd be happy for a while.

I`d be disgusted if he signed for us and admire Shearer even more if he was true to his word and smacked the little @#/? whether he was in blue and white or not.

An obnoxious little man.

Yeah, 'cos of course most footballers are solid upright citizens.

Bellamy may well be a prune in the first degree, but it's not like he's a stranger in a strange land. They're all a bunch of brain-dead thickos, substituting true contentment for material wealth and shoving it in the faces of the people who bought it for them.

Bellamy is just a cartoon character who stands out from the rest. Take your blinkers off. There's exceptions I presume, but I see nothing to dissuade me that football is populated by a bunch of spoilt morons who don't know the value of anything.

I`d be disgusted if he signed for us and admire Shearer even more if he was true to his word and smacked the little @#/? whether he was in blue and white or not.

An obnoxious little man.

Yeah, 'cos of course most footballers are solid upright citizens.

Bellamy may well be a prune in the first degree, but it's not like he's a stranger in a strange land. They're all a bunch of brain-dead thickos, substituting true contentment for material wealth and shoving it in the faces of the people who bought it for them.

Bellamy is just a cartoon character who stands out from the rest. Take your blinkers off. There's exceptions I presume, but I see nothing to dissuade me that football is populated by a bunch of spoilt morons who don't know the value of anything.

strong sentiments, but taring all footballers with the same brush ? mmmmm............... not so sure mate withstupid.gif

what about the likes of Shorty, our own boss Sparky and many many more, all of whom lead good respectable lives, and certainly not "Brain dead thickos" mad.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.