BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Vs Birmingham

nah! 5=hotdog!

highbury woll cost you about 350 gold stars for ticket!

but for asking the star is now dropped to a silver on (only 700 more needed!)

wink.gif

Oh if heading that way...Hotel RAF will be open for around 3 travellers making their own way down, Peterborough nota directct route but a easier trip over two days! about 90-120 from central london by car...40 by train....

cost free you bring the beers! cool.gif

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry Knight is noted by us and Bolton fans as being the most atrocious ref around.

However, today I thought he had a reasonably good game by his standards.

He tried as often as possible to let play flow e.g. Heskey's dive in Darwen end penalty area. He certainly wasn't card happy. At least we saw two teams of eleven play for 90 minutes. Did he book two or three of them and.......................

WOW!! Not a single card for a Rovers player. Am I right; am I mistaken or am I dreaming?

Shame on those of you who booed him at half time.

If Dickov hadn't have scored the penalty today I think he would have been remembered for his pretty poor miss in the first half.

He and Bellamy are similar types of player, but the difference is that Bellamy is an assured finisher and Dickov is far from that. I think a fully fit Bellamy will make a huge difference.

This aside, I thought it was a very good performance. The passing in midfield is far quicker and more incisive than at any time last season and we have a more attacking edge now.

I also thought Bently was disapointing today and does not look like a right midfielder what so ever.

Ref was atrocious

355237[/snapback]

I was not overly keen on him either but I've seen us have more clear cut penalties turned down and I really thought there was an offside for our second so, I'll not say anything.

First half he was a bit picky though.

I still think we can do much better we won at a canter I thought. Was a bit nervous when we lost Ryan but all ended well. Commentators here did little but pour negative comments on Rovers, not sure if they were the same ones as for over there but it is really getting on my tits.

First ten minutes there were three extremely sloppy passes- one from Gray causing Nelsen's injury as the underhit ball and a determined Heskey (who made an honest studs down ground level attempt to get a ball which was there to be got) arrived at his feet at the same time. Was unfortunate on Nelsen but not a deserved booking for Heskey.

355223[/snapback]

I disagree, Philip. It was a 'studs first' challenge and deserved a yellow.

If Dickov hadn't have scored the penalty today I think he would have been remembered for his pretty poor miss in the first half.

He and Bellamy are similar types of player, but the difference is that Bellamy is an assured finisher and Dickov is far from that.  I think a fully fit Bellamy will make a huge difference.

355297[/snapback]

First comment, he did and he won't. Side not he better not try any more straight down the middle, did it against Leicester in the cup and only just got away with it today, if he does that on the next one he'll fluff it.

On your second comment, I'll have some of what you are smoking. There is no similarity whatsoever in Dickov and Bellamy, 'cept perhaps height.

What I think you mean is they both had similar chances, Dickov missed, Bellamy did'nt.

Bellamys chance was easier that Dickovs IMO.

Dickov(who i thought played well today) had too long to think about where to place the ball and Taylor stood tall.

While Bellamy had no time to think(which can be easier) and Taylor did the wrong thing in rushing out way too far which made it easy for Bellamy- who also actually had it saved

Bellamy and Dickov are both fiery, pacey strikers, who do not hold up the ball or win headers but run off the main man and cause trouble. I guess you are right though - Dickov tends to run around like a headless chicken, whereas Bellamy makes intelligent runs. Bellamy has everything Dickov has and a lot more on top.

Personally I do not think Dickov is a good penalty taker - almost always the keeper guesses the right way and he virtually never puts any power on the ball. Today he did the right thing in shooting down the middle, but usually he doesn't. Not that that makes a player a bad penalty taker though.

Dickov had a good all round game, and I am not doubtuing that he isn't a decent player, but his finishing is pretty poor for a striker and if he continues to miss very good chances, then I will stand by that.

In terms of the two chances, I would say Dickovs was perhaps the harder, but both should have been easily finished.

The first game I have seen this season, and i have to sa that Savage looked our best player by a way. Did the most in the side in terms of attacking and defending.

The whole defence was excellen and the strikers good too. The question mark for me is Bentley and, to a lesser extent, Tugay.

I will be suprised if Emo does not take Bentley's place (shocking.... one shot and absolutely nothing else) and the top priority in January (presuming we have any money) needs to be a long term replacement for Tugay.

All in all a very good result, especially as the next four will be real testers. Bellamy is a class above!

ps. I advocated this a while ago, but who thinks Gallagher when he returns can be made into a midfielder? I still havn't seen anybody play for Rovers in the last two or three years who can pass as well as him bar Tugay and Ferguson. I know I will get slated for this, but if we don't have any cash then it may be our best option.

The first game I have seen this season, and i have to sa that Savage looked our best player by a way. Did the most in the side in terms of attacking and defending.

The whole defence was excellen and the strikers good too. The question mark for me is Bentley and, to a lesser extent, Tugay.

I will be suprised if Emo does not take Bentley's place (shocking.... one shot and absolutely nothing else) and the top priority in January (presuming we have any money) needs to be a long term replacement for Tugay.

All in all a very good result, especially as the next four will be real testers. Bellamy is a class above!

ps. I advocated this a while ago, but who thinks Gallagher when he returns can be made into a midfielder? I still havn't seen anybody play for Rovers in the last two or three years who can pass as well as him bar Tugay and Ferguson. I know I will get slated for this, but if we don't have any cash then it may be our best option.

355312[/snapback]

Its possible

Tuguy very underated where I sit, we play so much better and more composed football with him! He will be sorely missed when he leaves! No good going for UNT rejects like scoles either! need new young blood capable of the role! and need to keep hold of 'em

Well, that is definetly one of our biggest problems.

And our squad is old, I think.

Today, we had (all ages by the end of this season):

Friedel ( 35 years old )

Neill ( 28)

Zurab (24)

Nelsen (28)

Gray (31)

Tugay (35)

Savage (31)

MGP (24)

Bentley (21)

Kuqi(29)

Dickov (33)

can someone tell me how can I find when the contract of each player ends?

We have 4 more players over 30 (Matteo, Amoruso, Flitcroft and Todd).

Quite an old team.

I really hope we can get Zurab in the end of the season.

Birmingham fans chanted songs about being a big club yesterday. Quite a bitter lot their supporters. There was even an outing for the 80s St Andrews classic" Zulus gonna get yer!". Just because they were losing.

Also what about 13 year old Jordan at half time? Sensational performance, hope the academy saw it.

It was a game that needed changing. There was such a dearth of endeavour from either side in the first half that Mark Hughes was drawn to the touchline, pointing towards the goal behind Maik Taylor, in the hope that his players might manage to locate it.
from the indy article

laugh.giflaugh.gif

I was there smile.gif . Surprised you weren't.

355232[/snapback]

Couldn't go Den. 12 years old, nowhere near a bus route and Dad working till 9.00 pm bolloxed most night matches for me. sad.gif All were talkng about it at skoo the day after though, and illustrated with plenty of action replays in the yard too. rover.gif )

As for the attendance...woefull!

If I am willing to eat beans on toast for tea for the rest of the month,

get up at 0600hrs,

start driving at 0730hrs for 4 hours to watch a 90minute football game, and then drive back annother 4 hours

then why can those who live in the town or close by bother?

355249[/snapback]

Don't forget a large part of the towns pop are enjoying the festival of Ramadan.

Savage making  a point of walking up to every stand and kissing the Rovers badge  in an over the top camp way at full time. He really is a  w@nker!

355250[/snapback]

imo Savage should stop winding the brummies up and confirm that his 'problem' was not with the fans (who did really rate him) but rather with the management team and the directors.

A very bad first half, in which the only decent moments came right at the end of the half. Have to amit tho, i dont think ive ever seen anybody miss a chance when they've been that far through on goal tho  ohmy.gif !

Bellamy is a touch of class and defo garantee's goals,

355263[/snapback]

One on ones are more difficult than people think. People comment that top players should not miss them but don't forget that they are up against top keepers too! Unfortunately Dickov shaped up to shoot to the keepers right in such an exaggerated manner that Taylor knew which way to dive.

Probably the most disappointing thing imo was Bentleys lazy and feeble back up. If he had slid along the ground and blocked the clearence Clapham might have gone over the top leaving Bentley with an open goal. Mark my words that lad is heading to replace public enemy numbers 1, 2 and 3 (after Kuqi, Sav and Emerton) on this board.*

I must say that I am extremely impressed by Bellamy's awareness and movement in regard to avoiding the offside trap. Well impressed! Especially after everlastingly groaning at the likes of Ostenstad, Ward, Gallagher (2), Dickov, Stead etc etc. Bellamy actually appears to watch and run the line so effectively that he 'uses' the momentum of the defenders moving up to gain a yard or so advantage on the turn. Watch him.

*apologies of course to messrs Dickov, Amoruso and Matteo rolleyes.gif

Edited by thenodrog

355312[/snapback]

Eh? Forget passing the ball Gally's not got a flippin tackle in him! It's tough at the top and he's not Prem quality in any position imo.

Its possible

Tuguy very underated where I sit, we play so much better and more composed football with him! He will be sorely missed when he leaves! No good going for UNT rejects like scoles either! need new young blood capable of the role! and need to keep hold of 'em

355314[/snapback]

Graveson'd be excellent........ if somebody would pay his wages.

Crikey we would put the sh1ts up visiting teams then.

Bad news on Nelsen- tweaked knee ligaments so is definitely out on Tuesday and highly doubtful for Chelsea. I could have seen Nelsen coping with the huge physicality of Drogba/Crespo but Todd will just lose his rag.

355243[/snapback]

RAF where are you based?

Edited by Uxbridge rover

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.