BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Vs Birmingham

But its going to take time garns. I dont know about you, but Im still very nervous when we play at home and most Rovers fans are the same. I believe that if we can keep up our good form for the rest of the season, and be around 6th-10th for the remainder of the season, some fans will come back and we should get crowds of around 24k for the last 6-8 home games.

btw- was working today so could'nt go before I get any stick.

Edited by greggyk

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

biggrin.gif best i've felt since one fine day at old trafford tinykit.gif

Seeing the brum fans faces so upset makes my day, hopefully i'll be seeing my mates later to rub it in rover.gif

Great finish by bellers from a great pass by MGP.

Bently looked unable to do the right wing job and emerton did alot better when he came on.

A good game for dickers, solid penalty.

Good game all around, not the best but as vs WBA its the result that matters!

2-0 to the bully boys and the big club! thumbs-up.gif

Birmingham did not even fill the one half of the lower tier of the Darwen End, though thier ego's could have done with more room. For some reason, the other half directly next to the drunken swearing Brummies was taken up predominantly by children..?

And giving them all those anti racism posters was a mistake... Never seen so many bloody paper airplanes!

Porr first half, terrible miss by Dickov.

Better second hal, specially the first 20 minutes.

Bellamy showed Dickov how it should be done.

We need someone to think our game. We could have beat them for much more if we were more organized in attack.

For sure this was a game we would have lost 2 years ago. Not pretty, and will do nothing to bring back the missing thousands - the first half was the worst footy game I think I have ever seen - but overall definitely a sign we are on the up.

I thought our all-round defending won the game for us today; restricted Birmingham to no clear cut chances whatsoever, especially from their many undeserved free kicks and corners, which was a huge improvement on the many chances that fell to both Man Yoo and Liverpool. I was especially impressed with Kuqi in those situations.

Did anyone really think Dickov would put away that 1 on 1? I didn't even come close to spilling my breakfast cuppa as he is incapable of scoring when given time to think. However, I quite liked his all round play and only he could have won the penalty with his patented "Look ref, I'm being held" hold on Upson. Stuck the penalty away well against a keeper who had saved the last three.

Great second goal - that's why Bellamy cost $5.875 million more than Dickov - and I think it's frightening just how many of our goals this season have involved MGP; superbly weighted pass form an otherwise anonymous performance.

Tugs lasted 90 mins as well, must be because he's finally had a shave. I am quite liking the Tugs-Lily combo in midfield.

Who'd have thought a month ago that we'd start a game with Bert, Reid, Todd and Bellamy on the bench.

A very happy win; Mr Bruce sounds most unhappy after yet another loss.

On a more sober note, why was Nelsen taken off at halftime? Hope its nothing serious...

355184[/snapback]

He was given a hospital ball 5 mins in and Heskey lunged in. From where I was I thought it looked like a leg breaker, but the big man tried to run it off. Nelsen was struggling to kick the ball with his right foot for the rest of the first half, however, but he seemed to be running on it OK. Hopefully his removal at half time was just a precautionary measure. Thankfully we've got 3 good CBs in the squad nowadays. Todd slotted in fine.

Did anyone else think Heskey should have walked for the challenge? I was at a bad angle so I couldn't tell properly.

DICKOV HIT HIS OPEN SHOT THE SAME WAY BELLAMY DID!!!!!!! BELLAMY JUST GOT LUCKIER!!!!!!

355187[/snapback]

Dickov's was too near the keeper IMO whereas Bellers slotted it past him. I know what you mean, though American, they both addressed the ball in a similar manner. Bellers was a better finish, though.

Went to the game today. Poor first half better second half, apart from the win one of the highlights was seeing Savage kissing his shirt in front of the visiting fans then walking over to clap them and bow to them.

I suppose he needs to as they are far superior to him!1111 tongue.gif

Good result by the boys and its great to see us climbing steadily. Awful first half, but it was followed by an alright second as we turned chances into goals, doubled with a dubious penalty. But luck does even itself out (Zurabs red card). Also, to the person who asked about Heskey, I don't think the challenge was that bad and he definitely shouldnt have been sent off. On his second challenge against MGP when I thought heskey would walk he actually executed a superb tackle. Roll on Chelski now!..... unsure.gif

Did anyone else think Heskey should have walked for the challenge? I was at a bad angle so I couldn't tell properly.

355192[/snapback]

If it's the one I'm thinking about, it has a hard challenge but Heskey touched the ball before any contact.

no way was there 1,000 Brum fans!!!

I know their official site said they sold 1,000. But I dont trust anything that comes from that club.

650 at most!!!

355161[/snapback]

Lower tiers hold 4,500 so half of the bottom tier is 2,250. Even allowing for segregation they filled at least half of it so I'd guess they brought at least 1,000.

A great win today, against a side who are far too full of their own importance. The first half was crap, with Dickov missing the best chance. We looked better in the second half, winning a dodgy penalty and Bellamy scoring with a cool finish. I thought that Bentley was totally anonimous for us and I thought that Kuqi looked pretty dreadful. His shot, when Bellamy played him in, summed him up. A great 3 points and a couple of places further up the table.

6.50pm

Tune into 5 live NOW. In response to Steve Bruce saying that the pen was the worst decision that he has suffered in his managerial career Alan Green has said that in his opinion Bruce is talking daft and that it WAS a stonewall case for a pen. Green is now asking for BRFC fans to call in with their views.

Can anyone fill me in with the rules re kit colour clashes. How is it when we play a team whose shirts are white eg Bolton or Spurs, we have to wear our away strip. Yet Brum were allowed to wear a white shirt against us today?

Great to have another win and whats more NO BOOKINGS! Heskey should have gone for 2 bad tackles.

355211[/snapback]

I thought that from the Riverside but my mate in the JW stand informed me that Heskey actually won the ball first, so thats fair enough cos I said last week that sendings off ruin games and should be avoided, BUT just how many times did a BRFC player win the ball then get penalised for the Brum player falling down after?

btw Charlton just gone 2-1 up at portsmouth after being 0-1 down.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.