BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Bruce

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce must have some kind of bottle! I'd be too ashamed of my shambles of a team to be there! Oh dear, another free kick in a dodgy position - luckily saved by keeper!

edit: luckily for Bruce that is! A shedload of goals against Brum will do nicely for me!

Edited by roversmum

You're old enough to remember Philip............. does Sullivan look more like Jimmy Clitheroe of that little one in the Krankies?  It's bugging me.

393661[/snapback]

He's a cross between both of them.

A right tubbing for Brum should set the Baggies up nicely to make a right nuisance of themselves at Spurs. I don't expect anything but a Spurs win but the Baggies have a decent track record at WHL.

Edited by philipl

Birmingham did have a fair bit of the ball in the second half but saying that Manure were already two-nil up at that point and just strolling.

Pennant looked like he had an ok game considering who he were playing with and the opposition. Has to be better than Emerton if JP can get his off the field matters sorted out.

As for SB, he's had a bad old month ain't he, lol.

Pennant looked like he had an ok game considering who he were playing with and the opposition. Has to be better than Emerton if JP can get his off the field matters sorted out.

393687[/snapback]

My guess is that it is already too late for anyone to sort Pennant's off-field troubles out. He must be well on the way to being a confirmed alcoholic now.

My guess is that it is already too late for anyone to sort Pennant's off-field troubles out. He must be well on the way to being a confirmed alcoholic now.

393756[/snapback]

Why? Does he drink all day or is he just a p1ss head Fife? Whatever he is probably a write off which is a sin and a shame with his level of talent.

Maybe like Gazza he should have gone to MU instead of the capital. Fergie (or whoever) certainly seem to have improved Rooney's attitude and although I hate to say it praise is certainly due to the old git.

Speaking of MU I think Brum would have had a serious tonking if a younger Roy Keane had still been there. Complete low life as an individual but as a captain and on field leader he would not have let certain players get away with showboating after 30 mins with the score 2-0. Maybe it's partly why Chelsea have the Prem title.

Edited by thenodrog

Soccernet Insider: Man U 3 - 0 Brum

An article mostly about Giggs, but some interesting comments regarding the Big Club and its manager.

At least, [bruce] may reflect, a second successive thrashing was averted though, after Liverpool hammered Birmingham 7-0, it briefly appeared that United might try to emulate them. Bruce's former club were in a more charitable mood, which was perhaps just as well in a week where one poll suggested 48 percent of Blues fans wanted a change at the helm.

So after the heaviest loss of Bruce's career, respectability in defeat may almost appear an achievement. It still means Birmingham's problems mount, however. They remain rooted on 24 points, and it is hard to envisage their stay in the Premiership extending to a fifth season without a rapid improvement.

Indeed, as Birmingham negotiated the first minute successfully, the comment 'at least they haven't conceded yet' was uttered in the press box. It was only true for a further 70 seconds.

It was further proof that Birmingham's offside trap is about as impenetrable as the Maginot Line.

I quite liked the last one.

april

Sat, 1st H Chelsea (PREM.)

12:45

Tue, 4th H Bolton (PREM.)

19:45 -

Sat, 8th A Wigan (PREM.)

17:15

Sun, 16th A Aston Villa (PREM.)

12:00

Wed, 19th H Blackburn (PREM.)

19:45 -

Sat, 22nd A Everton (PREM.)

15:00 -

Sat, 29th H Newcastle (PREM.)

15:00 -

May

Sun, 7th A Bolton (PREM.)

15:00

i thought big club were better in the 2nd half as manky just come out for a sunday stroll, but heskey for all his hard work, his finishing was pathetic!!

nice game next saturday too laugh.gif

can't wait till we play them, to send them down would be amazing rover.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.