BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Bruce

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, another product of the Academy is playing regular Premiership football for those doubting its worth....

rover.gif pity most off them are playing for birmingham or other premiership teams than the rovers tinykit.gif

383986[/snapback]

I think I fall into the 'academy supporters' camp but I can't think of a single ex-Rovers ACADEMY player playing regularly in the Prem. Care to enlighten us Waggy? Even for us, I can only think of Peter, hardly comes into the 'regular' category though. Fair few around the lower leagues I'll grant you, but Prem? And a few juniors from pre-academy days.

How about a few at the 'Big Club'..........

Dunn, Taylor, Johnson

Oh and then there's Damian Duff

and then you can have Beattie,

Ormerod has dropped down a division these days but was a regular for a season or so

As you go down the divisions you will see quite a few ex-rovers acadmey players including a couple in the Championship.

Although some, if not most, came through the ranks at Rovers possibly before it was called the Academy, Rovers youth system has been of the Academy standard for a long time.

How about a few at the 'Big Club'..........

Dunn, Taylor, Johnson

Oh and then there's Damian Duff

and then you can have Beattie,

Ormerod has dropped down a division these days but was a regular for a season or so

As you go down the divisions you will see quite a few ex-rovers acadmey players including a couple in the Championship.

Although some, if not most, came through the ranks at Rovers possibly before it was called the Academy, Rovers youth system has been of the Academy standard for a long time.

384023[/snapback]

Aye, it might be a bit academic (ho ho) but I think all you've named indeed came through the junior ranks but before an Academy and it's associated costs.

Aye, it might be a bit academic (ho ho) but I think all you've named indeed came through the junior ranks but before an Academy and it's associated costs.

384064[/snapback]

I think our academy is ranked up there alongside the best in the world. I've heard it compared to the likes of Ajax Amsterdam's - and that is a real complement.

• 2 weeks later...

No plans to sell Blues

"But it is not in my nature, nor the Golds, to leave something at a troubled time.

"If we were where Blackburn Rovers are in the league, for example, then it would be more likely, but even then not definite. We all want to achieve something here and are working hard towards that aim."

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

What the fook would they want a 55000 seater stadium for?  I'm sure Sunderland would like to sell them one and I think Arsenal might in a years or two too.

386707[/snapback]

1) They're a big club

2) It would be used as a Wembley style, hosting concerts and the such as well as being the new home for Warwickshire cricket club

3) It will hold more than Villa Park

4) Did I mention they were a big club?

Angry Bruce warns bad boy Pennant

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the big club gets relegated this season. In the words of Kevin Keegan, I'd love it, just love it if they went down.

Sunderland have obviously been dead and buried since before Christmas and Portsmouth now have a mountain to climb too. I think the remaining relegation place looks to be a straight battle between WBA and Brum.

Come on the Baggies!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.