Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Bruce

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That  would be perfect.

381097[/snapback]

If they hadn't of sacked souness we could have had a new show for Channel 4 'Manager Swap'.

They took Souness from the verge of getting the boot with us, so why not do it again with bruce?

Then Souness coudl breeze in and sort out there defensive problems.... laugh.gif

Edited by modes98

I didnt even think DJ Campbell was Brentfords best striker tbh  huh.gif

Why on earth would they sign him when they could have got Trundle for cheaper? How old is he, young?

381156[/snapback]

Score 2 goals and Big club will be in for you. biggrin.gif

Dunn and Forsell are injured again too.

I didnt even think DJ Campbell was Brentfords best striker tbh  huh.gif

Why on earth would they sign him when they could have got Trundle for cheaper? How old is he, young?

381156[/snapback]

trundle is almost hitting 30, good player yes though i don't think he could cut it in the prem. been injured lately thats why swansea have struggled in their last 9 league games.

I thought Johnson's tackle was quite poor and deserved a red card, not sure why everyone thinks that jumping in with two feet isnt a poor tackle.

381165[/snapback]

I think it was right on the edge of red and yellow. It was a bad challange(can't call it a tackle), but he was after the ball and wasn't that late.

First time ever i think rennie got it right, harsh for the game but a correct decision.

I have to say even for Brum the move for this Campbell really surprised me. When reading the headline Birmingham snap up Campbell I assumed it had to be Kevin from WBA, or failing that Wenger having lost the plot (or not after last night's performance) and sold Sol . As it was it was DJ Campbell who's not even had a full season in league football. To me this is a bigger gamble than Stead, as the guys not even proved himself for a full season in league one. Besides 2 goals vs Sunderland is hardly the last word in sensational.

Ok I know Stead kept us up, but look at how he's doing now. And the chances of someone 'doing a Stead' and coming up from the lower divisions and getting a fair few goals is even less likely now imo. Sutton seemed an excellent tactical move by Bruce, but it's good to see him reverting to form with this signing.

I think its too big a gamble for te money big club paid for him. could end up 1 million!!! he did allright at vrentford and well at yeading. i doubt he possesses the quality to really make it big and stay big. Ive really changed my mind about us going for dunn as he is too injury prone ( remind you of someone else who is ace but always injured)

QUOTE(DudeAbides @ Jan 31 2006, 19:48 )

Gotta laff at the Brummies signing Dj campbell !!!!!! How desparate is that ????

Quote thenodrog...

Dunno about that. I was very impressed with his pace, balance and finishing skills. Of course I only saw highlights but he certainly took his chances well.

380325[/snapback]

1st and only time I saw him I thought he looked good last week for Brentford in the FA cup and on tele last night he looked very dangerous against the Arse too. His style reminds me a bit of a Mark Stein / Rod Wallace. MoTD pundits thought he looked good too. Time will of course tell but it looks at the moment like Bruce might have pulled off a good bit of business there.

Edited by thenodrog

Didn't want to start a new thread so this seemed the best place.  Just heard about Karren Brady, and whilst I don't agree with the way Birmingham conduct their business, I'd just like to wish her all the best and good luck next week.  Get well soon.

379076[/snapback]

Brady left hospital today after a successful operation.

Brum go away to in form western hammers on monday. huh.gif bookies odds are now against them getting out of relegation zone and pompey are 1/4 to go down laugh.gif

Edited by modes98

don't know aobut you pleasure but i'd rather see the hammers do brum over and send them on the slope to relegation. As things stand our last 2 games have been so awful after our great run its difficult to entertain europe as a realistic target.

2-0 to the hammers please! thumbs-up.gif

Nicky Butt walked out when he found out that a Bruce had taken his place in midfield.

Anyway, another product of the Academy is playing regular Premiership football for those doubting its worth....

(We'll get the sell-on when Bruce senior gets fired)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.