BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Carling Cup Semi Final Draw Already Made

Im sorry, but 2 goal lead??

You do realise that Man Yoo are nothing of the side the once were. They came bottom of their Championsleague group and have lost to the likes of us and Boro(4-1) and have recently drawn to Everton at home. Where they were actually lucky to draw!!

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe people are rowing about tickets for Cardiff already. IF we beat United, which we have a good chance of doing, I'll lay £20 now ANY fan who wants to go to Cardiff will get one. We've +/- 12,000 ST holders and the likely allocation will be +/- 30,000 at the final. No problem at all.

Aside from that what a fantastic few weeks coming up at Ewood and locally:

28th December - Sunderland

31st December - Wigan (A)

2nd January - Portsmouth

7th January - QPR (FA Cup)

11th January - Man Utd (CC - H)

14th January - Bolton

25th January - Man Utd (CC - A)

1st February - Man Utd (PL - H)

Eight games in 34 days, I'm not sure I can stand the pace. This could be fantastic for Rovers, we really need to perform over the next 5/6 weeks as it's a great opportunity to get the town buzzing again. I hope the marketing people are working NOW!

Anyone else spot our PL fixture with Arsenal should be 25th February?

ST holders,

Stub Holders,

Open sale

That's how it will and should be.

368458[/snapback]

Season Ticket Holders

Members

Open Sale

thats how its going to be for the foreseeable future. Possibly for really tight games, they may require stubs for members and open sale.

from the 7 pages ive read ont his topic i agree on:-

1.the draw was a fix, they will do anything to keep ars and man urinal apart. and the best reason it was a fix was because a few fans mums said so!! biggrin.gif

shame on that tho because us against wigan and the other 2 against each other over 2 legs would be well good games!!

2. tickets should be allocated st, ts and then open sale. thats fair.

3. manky over 2 legs will be a close game, with us at ewood first, it would be good to go to the theatre of merchandise with a lead but if we don't its not the end of the world as we know we can beat then at their place too.

4. 8 games in 34 days, thats alot, the sqaud is going to be tested to the max.

5. the most important point, KEEP THE FAITH!!!! we will make cardiff and take the cup home rover.gif

I can't believe people are rowing about tickets for Cardiff already. IF we beat United, which we have a good chance of doing, I'll lay £20 now ANY fan who wants to go to Cardiff will get one. We've +/- 12,000 ST holders and the likely allocation will be +/- 30,000 at the final. No problem at all.

Aside from that what a fantastic few weeks coming up at Ewood and locally:

28th December - Sunderland

31st December - Wigan (A)

2nd January - Portsmouth

7th January - QPR (FA Cup)

11th January - Man Utd (CC - H)

14th January - Bolton

25th January - Man Utd (CC - A)

1st February - Man Utd (PL - H)

Eight games in 34 days, I'm not sure I can stand the pace. This could be fantastic for Rovers, we really need to perform over the next 5/6 weeks as it's a great opportunity to get the town buzzing again. I hope the marketing people are working NOW!

Anyone else spot our PL fixture with Arsenal should be 25th February?

368464[/snapback]

Not wishing to tempt fate but there's an FA Cup 3rd Round replay and 4th round tie to fit in as well. smile.gif

The bet on gates will be cheering up irrespective of Wigan having a semi-final as well. At least we have some really juicy home fixtures coming up. Perhaps they are coming too close together for some wallets though.

I wish certain people would stop going on about

those who couldn't be arsed

I can just about afford my season ticket and home cup games. I would absolutely love to afford to be able to go to every game, and I know there are many in the same position.

Give it a rest, please. mad.gif

I wish certain people would stop going on about

I can just about afford my season ticket and home cup games.  I would absolutely love to afford to be able to go to every game, and I know there are many in the same position.

Give it a rest, please.  mad.gif

368471[/snapback]

well obviously there is a lot that cant be arsed

500+ last night

but suddenly over 4,000 will go wigan

well obviously there is a lot that cant be arsed

500+ last night

but suddenly over 4,000 will go wigan

368477[/snapback]

I can't speak for anyone else but when the fixtures came out in the summer Wigan away was going to be one that I was going to go to - New Years Eve, just down the road and a local derby.

So I don't think it's a case of "suddenly" 4,000 will go to Wigan. I don't get to many away games now for various reasons (cash, money, time) so I have to plan them well in advance. It certainly isn't a case of not being arsed I can tell you.

p.s. Plus there are now free pies as well! Is there any wonder we're taking so many?

It's a fix and I'm drunk. We knew it was  going to be a fix from day one. The FA don't want us and wigan in the final for one minut4e. I've had fun i'be drunk lots adn its all good. I still think we can win this but must admit it s all a bit suss

368361[/snapback]

But had we been drawn together they wouldn't have a chance to have us and Wigan in the final!

(I get the point, though.)

There is no way on earth Rovers will shift 23000 home tickets for the home leg ... so how about doing somthing radical... lets give the Mancs the Jack Walker Stand and put Rovers fans in the Darwen End. We would then only have to sell 21000 and having fans behind both goals may have a beneficial effect on the atmosphere. Just a thought.

rover.gif we did get 9,000 last time at ot for the semi,sold just less than 6,000.the home game was not a sell out.the clubs will be rewarded handsomley from sky for the 2 semi's and i suggest we price it £15 for adults and £5 for kids,utd would do it as they are desperate to get their fans back on side tinykit.gif

We WILL at least 9000 tickets.

excepts from the rules....

Rule 21 - In all Cup Ties, the Visiting Club shall have the right to claim 15 per cent of all tickets reserved or otherwise sold in advance subject to the consent of the Management Committee and on the following conditions.

Condition c, Unless otherwise mutually agreed in writing, all tickets shall be on a sale or return basis. All questions in dispute shall immediately be referred to The Football League for settlement.

Edited by stuwilky

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.