BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Carling Cup Semi Final Draw Already Made

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never been so delighted about the result of a match not involving Rovers.

I only saw the second half onwards but on that basis Wigan were absolutely magnificent.

They wanted it far more than the poncey gooners and if we show the same desire tomorrow night we will go through. No question.

Dave Whelan (whatever he may be like in person ) was also excellent tonight. Tracked by the Sky Cameras, came down from the directors box to walk half the length of the pitch to salute the travelling fans only to be ridiculously turned back by the home stewards.

Undeterred he then went to the disabled supporters area and then embraced a couple of wheelchair bound supporters with real affection.

C'mon Rovers, let's make it the people's final and the Broadcaster's nightmare!

laugh.gif

If anyone needed any convincing that there is favouritism in the modern game toward big clubs then tonight's match was it. there is no shadow of a doubt in my mind after two nailed on penalties were waved away.

I am just so happy that Wigan made it anyway. Well done and I'm happy for Whelan too.

Now, tomorrow night, I sense something similar in terms of dubious decisions and am wondering which of our players will get sent off.

I can handle it if we lose but I want to lose fair and square that's all the fans want. Come on Rovers, this could be sweet. (Problem being it likely won't be on Telly here if it is us and Wigan)

(Problem being it likely won't be on Telly here if it is us and Wigan)

377682[/snapback]

Don't say that! It has to be surely. Im not going to get to see the game tomorrow because my work is full of beestards so I will have Rovers world on the radio.

If I dance on my chair because the Ped scores in the 118th minute they are just going to have to deal with it.

Wigan will sell their 30,000.

They love their big days out and the egg chasing fraternity haven't been doing so well and I bet they'll go down to Cardiff for this one!

The novelty value alone will shift 10,000 tickets.

Gav's bet at risk if we don't sort out the Mancs tonight- this will boost Wigan's ordinary gates as well.

All the people from the written press gathered for the pre-match press conference today all wanted a Rovers v Wigan final, rather than another Man Utd v Arsenal snoozefest.

377672[/snapback]

ohmy.gif

that makes a change, they usually cream themselves over man utd v arsenal games

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.