BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Carling Cup Semi Final Draw Already Made

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unofficially we have been given 6000 tickets as an initial allocation.  They go on sale after the QPR match to Season Ticket holders, maximum 4 per person etc.

£31.

371660[/snapback]

Stu, do you mean straight after the QPR game? Like we have to queue with the kids etc? huh.gif

Stu, do you mean straight after the QPR game? Like we have to queue with the kids etc?  huh.gif

371669[/snapback]

He said after the QPR match to SeasonTicket holders, and then after the Bolton match to everyone else (although presumably there will be a members day between qpr andbolton?

Give them a postal application before the match. Removes the stress! Thats what Ill be doing.

He said after the QPR match to SeasonTicket holders, and then after the Bolton match to everyone else (although presumably there will be a members day between qpr andbolton?

Give them a postal application before the match.  Removes the stress!  Thats what Ill be doing.

371676[/snapback]

Never done a postal application before. I feel stressed just thinking about it! ohmy.gif I like the feeling of someone saying "Yes your credit card has gone through Ok" Do they always succeed or is it better to queue/phone?

Never done a postal application before. I feel stressed just thinking about it!  ohmy.gif I like the feeling of someone saying "Yes your credit card has gone through Ok"  Do they always succeed or is it better to queue/phone?

371678[/snapback]

Ive done it a few times.

Quick letter handed in to the ticket office on arrival with credit card details and my mobile number to ring if any problems, tickets arrive Tuesday morning.

Either that, or call on Monday morning.

Ive done it a few times.

Quick letter handed in to the ticket office on arrival with credit card details and my mobile number to ring if any problems, tickets arrive Tuesday morning.

Either that, or call on Monday morning.

371682[/snapback]

Or if you're really olde worlde like me, use a cheque instead of credit card. If you trust the Royal Mail, include a first class sae. If not, tell em you'll pick up the tickets at the next home game.

I wouldnt worry about queing up after the QPR game for your tickets, i reckon most people will wait untill after the first leg to see what the score is before deciding weather to go or not

371779[/snapback]

True, but at least us ejits will be there regardless

Or if you're really olde worlde like me, use a cheque instead of credit card.  If you trust the Royal Mail, include a first class sae.  If not, tell em you'll pick up the tickets at the next home game.

371742[/snapback]

Works for me too. No queueing, no 60p per minute phone line. No £1 surcharge.

Not exactly rocket science is it?

I wouldnt worry about queing up after the QPR game for your tickets, i reckon most people will wait untill after the first leg to see what the score is before deciding weather to go or not

371779[/snapback]

i know quite a few people whove said that

a draw or win at home could see us selling that 6,000 i think

Season Ticket Holders

Members

Open Sale

thats how its going to be for the foreseeable future.  Possibly for really tight games, they may require stubs for members and open sale.

368465[/snapback]

Away Season Ticket Holders should come first.

Arsenal team tonight:

M Almunia

K Gilbert

P Senderos

J Djourou

P Cygan

F Ljungberg

M Flamini

G Silva

A Hleb

Q Owusu-Abeyie

J Reyes

Subs: M Poom, N Bendtner, A Lupoli, F Fabregas, S Larsson

For the League match at Wigan

Jens Lehmann

Lauren

Sol Campbell

Kolo Toure

Pascal Cygan

Freddie Ljungberg

Cesc Fabregas

Philippe Senderos

Gilberto

Robert Pires

Mathieu Flamini

Robin Van Persie

Dennis Bergkamp

Thierry Henry

I got to thinking about the implication the draw was fixed - I'd hazard a guess the last thing the FL want to see is a Rovers - Wigan final. Sub 50000 gate?

One idea I'd like to see introduced is for clubs to name a squad for each cup competition they enter. the squad would be limited in number and teams could only be selected from that pool. The if Arsenal or Chelsea wish to use their reserve team they can, all the way to the semis and beyond. Seems to me this would even up the playing field. It's tough on Rovers to potentially have to face a full-strength United while Wigan get the Arsenal reserves.

One idea I'd like to see introduced is for clubs to name a squad for each cup competition they enter. the squad would be limited in number and teams could only be selected from that pool. The if Arsenal or Chelsea wish to use their reserve team they can, all the way to the semis and beyond. Seems to me this would even up the playing field. It's tough on Rovers to potentially have to face a full-strength United while Wigan get the Arsenal reserves.

373260[/snapback]

Very good idea.

The only problem is I think they would have to allow a 25 man squad, which means there is plenty of room to name kids and big name stars.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.