SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers 1 Arsenal 0

percy

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fleet Street's love affair with Arsenal is back on again after last night's triumph in the Bernebeu.

And who do they play next but none other than those dirty monkeys from up nawf !

Rovers had best be well behaved this weekend or the press will have a field day, not to mention those nice Blackburn supporters on Match of the Day.

What better time then to show the nation what a good side we are.

3-1 to us, followed by much bleating from Wenger and his metropolitan cronies.

Fleet Street's love affair with Arsenal is back on again after last night's triumph in the Bernebeu.

And who do they play next but none other than those dirty monkeys from up nawf !

Rovers had best be well behaved this weekend or the press will have a field day, not to mention those nice Blackburn supporters on Match of the Day.

What better time then to show the nation what a good side we are.

3-1 to us, followed by much bleating from Wenger and his metropolitan cronies.

385836[/snapback]

We are actually on a hiding to nothing. Win, loose or draw we'll come out smelling of doo-doo.

Just waiting for Wenger to make a pre match comment about our reputation and how the referee needs to be strong, and the scene will be set.

So just hope the result goes our way and don't read the Sunday papers

huh.gif

Agree with you there, Azuri. If we win it will be because they are tired and for no other reason......... unsure.gif

Was it last year that Reyes got carted off on a stretcher, only to leap off of it fully rejuvenated as it reached the touchline? mad.gif

Could do without all these random internationals that players are off for next week too, although pleased to hear Bentley's up for the U21s.

Awwwwww go on Philip..... tell us !!! tongue.gif

385753[/snapback]

OK- my hunch was that there will be a British clean sweep against the three Spanish clubs but that Benfica will add Liverpool to the Mancs.

... and I am absolutely certain Rovers will win in a high scoring game on Saturday.

If it doesn't happen, it's your fault trueblue!

We could have done without the Arsenal win, but if we are realistic about getting into the top six we need to beat the best teams at home. I think this will be a draw, but at least we will be much fresher.

I still want to see Peter on the left to give Toure something to think about when he bombs forward. The way the Gunners play creates space behind the full backs and he is the best man to exploit it.

Rovers are capable of beating the best on their day.....will Arsenal's visit to the Bernabeu see them a jaded side?

Even more important will we finallly see a responce from the Blackburn public and a decent gate??.........so many questions!! ohmy.gif

Rovers 1 Arsenal 1

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

Even more important will we finallly see a responce from the Blackburn public and a decent gate??.........so many questions!! ohmy.gif

Rovers 1 Arsenal 1

385935[/snapback]

Well its not gonna be a sell out, i can tell you that much. ohmy.gif

Just rang up to book 5 tickets but the woman on the phone wouldn't tell me how many we'd sold so far but there's plenty left. Only limited in BB end though, so thats promising

Come on Rovers tinykit.gif

Well its not gonna be a sell out, i can tell you that much. ohmy.gif

Just rang up to book 5 tickets but the woman on the phone wouldn't tell me how many we'd sold so far but there's plenty left. Only limited in BB end though, so thats promising

Come on Rovers tinykit.gif

385951[/snapback]

To be fair, its pretty much always limited in bbe lower so that doesnt really tell us much. Arse wont bring that many, so a crowd of around 22k?

Edited by BRFC4EVA

Rovers are capable of beating the best on their day.....will Arsenal's visit to the Bernabeu see them a jaded side?

Rovers 1 Arsenal 1

385935[/snapback]

Vinjay was Walker obsessed, your crowd obsessed!!

i think the response will be around 26k-28k gate for the arse!!

theres alot at steak , 5th place and a step nearer champions league rover.gif

385954[/snapback]

Where's this place where you get a lot of steak? Do they do a decent Shiraz to go with it?

Edited by Al

I am sure Rovers will be in their faces and not allow time and space like Madrid did, Dickov / Bellamy can be real thorns in the Arsenal defence. I think 2-2, Dickov / Bellamy, Terry Henry and Dirty Dennis for the team in raspberry.

Where's this place where you get a lot of steak? Do they do a decent Shiraz to go with it?

386082[/snapback]

do you get chips with that steak?

biggrin.gif

386106[/snapback]

personally i like mine with cheese potatos and pepper sauce biggrin.gif

on another note and back to the big game, hughes is not going to play real madrids tactics smile.gif

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=36...+Madrid+tactics

rover.gif god when did we have our last league game at home,3pm and on a saturday i bet it was last year tinykit.gif

386093[/snapback]

Correct me if im wrong but was it West Ham when we won 3-2.

10th December 2005 blink.gif

386108[/snapback]

Then after Arsenal there's just two more home games this season that start at the traditional 3.00pm on a Saturday (Boro and Chelsea).

(Can I just add that the 5.15 kick off time is the worst feckin K/O time possible.)

386082[/snapback]

Thank you for that reply Al, I liked it and your choice of wine, next time you're down under, give me a yell, we'll tuck into some good food, washed down with good reds.

The sweet will be the Rovers doing the gooners 2-1 in a closely fought game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.