SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers 1 Arsenal 0

percy

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then after Arsenal there's just two more home games this season that start at the traditional 3.00pm on a Saturday (Boro and Chelsea).

(Can I just add that the 5.15 kick off time is the worst feckin K/O time possible.)

386191[/snapback]

Boro are playing Roma on the Thursday so might ask for that to be shifted.

Anyone seen Lawro's prediction on BBC?

He's called it 1 - 1. (that fence must hurt.)

But he says something about us having to win if we're

''going to have an outside chance of a UEFA place"

Hang on a minute - if results go our way we could be 5th after tomorrow? I'd say that we had more of an outside chance??

How much does lawro get paid to write 2 paragraphs of nonsense every week??

I actually don't know what to predict for this match.

Our home form compared to their away form suggests a spanking for the arse.

But then we are blackburn rovers, masters of shooting ourselves in the foot. Plus there's the referee factor where results are turned on their head by one or two controversial decisions which seem to go against us (hand of ped is not enough to balance out the reds we received from puppet halsey).

I get most predictions wrong anyway.

Blackburn 0 Arsenal 1

pen. won by diving

Anyone seen Lawro's prediction on BBC?

He's called it 1 - 1. (that fence must hurt.)

But he says something about us having to win if we're

''going to have an outside chance of a UEFA place"

Hang on a minute - if results go our way we could be 5th after tomorrow? I'd say that we had more of an outside chance??

How much does lawro get paid to write 2 paragraphs of nonsense every week??

386255[/snapback]

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...rem/4727132.stm

1-1 ohmy.gif

sticky results!!! mind we did play the toffees laugh.giftongue.gif

Boro and Chels might both be moved, as the boro game is after their uefa cup match and chels is the same weekend as fa cup semi i believe. Therefore this could quite easily be the last sat 3pm kick off mad.gif and means 1 in the whole 2006 part of the campaign

Indeed now that the Liverpool game hs been put bak to 5:15.

I heard on Radio Rovers that we haven't scored against them in the last 6 matches.

386293[/snapback]

My wife and I were in Madrid for4 nights and saw a number of Arsenal supporters. I' m just glad I didn't say to any of them, "You're going to lose the next 2 matches."

They aren't that good this season. They can be on their day, when they want to be, but the table doesn't lie and they're only one point better off than us today. Henry is different class as he showed on Tuesday - thing is he won't be out to impress people in Blackburn as he was in Madrid, as unfortunately, we won't be buying him.

Of course they'll also be thinking we're going to kick them off the park won't they? One things for sure, that Lehmann's going to get some grief.

2-0 Rovers. Bellamy and Pedersen. 20,548.

http://www.football365.com/features/mediawatch/index.shtml

skim down to the bit about Lawro smile.gif

386269[/snapback]

Says Lawro of this weekend's game at the Valley:

'It should be a Charlton home win as the Addicks' form has improved form of late, particularly their home form. Villa on the road have not been great defensively.'

Aston Villa are unbeaten away from home since October, and have only conceded one away goal this year.

Top stuff. Will make my friday pint taste that little bit better. thumbs-up.gif

The next two games will make or break the season.

If we are to maintain the improbable dream of Champions League qualification then we can't really afford to lose either and 4 points will be the minimum requirement.

A win from either would probably be enough to keep UEFA hopes alive.

For some strange reason, and somewhat unusually, I'm not feeling optimistic pre match about either game. Let's hope I'm totally wrong.

Our champions league hopes (however slim they may be right now) would certainly be totally gone if we lose both. However, I do think we could still make the UEFA spots even if we lost both, as long as United win the Carling Cup and especially if its a "Dream" FA Cup final as well.

I'm setting off on a 7ish hour journey in 15mins, my first Rovers game in ages. going up with 2 arse fans, so a 7 hour journey back wont be much fun if we lose.

386387[/snapback]

Now that's dedication! I've only got to do a two hour journey today, well an hour and a half if I break the law tongue.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.