BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs 3 - 2 Rovers

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst Sunday certainly isn't a must win game for Rovers, It is definantly a must not lose if we are going to challenge for this 4th place, I think anyone on here would settle for 7 points out of the next 9, and that would surely see us sitting in 4th place after the Boro game.

i was jus wanderin is anybody going to spurs away or know how many tickets have been sold so far? i cant imagine it will be much atall as our away support recently hasnt been the best and as the match is on sky it will definately demolish the amount of tickets we sell for this game.

i was jus wanderin is anybody going to spurs away or know how many tickets have been sold so far? i cant imagine it will be much atall as our away support recently hasnt been the best and as the match is on sky it will definately demolish the amount of tickets we sell for this game.

387475[/snapback]

Well we cant be doing too badly cos as of Saturday after the Arsenal game, there were no tickets left in the lower tier.

Well we cant be doing too badly cos as of Saturday after the Arsenal game, there were no tickets left in the lower tier.

wel thats all the tickets sold out then if thats true because i thought they wer selling the upper tier first.

Edited by JordnRovers

Not sure if it has been mentioned elsewhere but Bentley has just scored two cracking goals for the Under 21's playing from the left wing.

387446[/snapback]

Those Bentley and England threads are just too vague, aren't they?

387480[/snapback]

thats because Rovers sent back the 600 tickets from the lower tier!!

They are only selling in the upper. I was able to buy 4 tickets in the upper yesterday with no problem. We probably will sell out soon as there are only 1,100 available

Biggest match of the season so far. If we win, it will spur (no pun intended) us on and I rekon we'll win the next 5, which we certainly should do, and be right up there with a great chance of champions league football next season.

If we loose, it will break our spirit and we'll get a very small handfull of points from the next 5 or so games and just miss out on any European football next year.

So its bound to be a draw

According to my Spurs supporting friend they have sold out, including the tickets we sent back in the lower tier.

Let's hope we can sell out in the top tier. It is as bigger game as we have had in the league for a long while. That's the incentive to go.

Big Big Big Game, this match has implications on the rest fo our season. Lose and bye bye Champions League.

Win and maybe our next home game will be a sell out due to the possibility of the lads chasing Champions League football.

Edited by ihatethedingles

If games like these don't grab the interest and get people out of the pubs, then nothing will.

Coming off the back of a good win, a tough but winnable game a chance to put us in European contention. Ticks all the boxes.

Would hope for a good turn out against Villa on the back of this one.

Come on you super Blues!

Tottenham play football a bit like we do these days, they rely on pace up front and quick one-two combinations. Carrick has a Tugay'ish role in midfield, whilst Jenas undoubtably is more of a goalscoring midfielder than Savage.. I sure hope Lennon is injured for this one, he's the kind of player to have a field day against Gray. Dawson and King are good centerbacks, but especially Dawson is relying on his strength, and might struggle against Bellers' pace.

Also, Stalteri is a poor defender, and Lee is also too attacking for the good of the team sometimes. Bentley and Reid, and perhaps Peter sometime in the 2nd half, could certainly make them pay here.

Friedel

Neill, Todd, Nelsen, Gray

Reid, Tugay, Savage, Bentley

Bellers, Pongolle

Tottenham 1

Blackburn 2

Bellamy (16') - cross from the left after Bentley's made mince-meat of Stalteri, Bellamy to tap it in on the near post.

Defoe (42')

Bentley (64')

Remember, you heard it here first wink.gif

user posted image

You can see its Cole because Yorke's name/number would be creeping into the picture.

387259[/snapback]

You can see Friedel on the far left of the photo, i think he is hugging Neill.

No too confident about this one. 2-0 Spurs.

Edited by Jordan

Was that when the spuds fans started to throw their completely used season tickets onto the pitch?

1-1 this time.

387581[/snapback]

biggrin.gif Yeah. Ooooh a real show of defiance there, lads.

I'm never confident when we play Spurs. I don't know why, I think its just because I'm fearing comeupance for all the insults I throw their way for the rest of the season. So I think we'll lose this one.

Edited by Radagast

user posted image

387259[/snapback]

While we're at it, left to right:

Friedel - Neill - Kelly - Tugay - Cole - Johansson - Souness - McEveley - Todd - Flitcroft - Duff - Dunn - Taylor

Missing from the picture are Yorke, Sukur, Hignett (had been substituted so would be wearing more than the person hugging Jay) and Jansen (don't think he's the one hugging Brad as he's not that tall).

As for this seasons version of the game, I'm going for a bore draw, 0-0. Someone in our team to be red carded.

Edited by tchocky

I see Spurs are doing a Mourinho on us and are talking about signing MGP in the summer- here's hoping they are as successful with these tactics as Mourinho was against Barca.

387562[/snapback]

Well, MGP isn't playing anyway, so can't see this making much impact.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.