BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs 3 - 2 Rovers

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tottenham saw Gray as a weak link and it worked.

Rovers were the better team but were let down by poor defending.

To give away the third goal (Gray at fault again) so soon after equalising was inexcusable.

Football can be such a cruel game. We certainly didnt deserve to lose that game, but we did. Nonetheless, I am so so proud to be a Rover. Yes, they fell asleep for the winner, but I don't think we can justly fault them for this performance. We've come on leaps and bounds in the last season, and to the board, give sparky whatever he asks for; this could be something really really special. And may i add, Bellers was simply fantastic today (i hope none of the so-called big, rich clubs are watching.) PROUD to be a rover.

A firecracker of a game, but hurts a lot that we lost it.

We played some good football and really gave it a go I thought, but Spurs' attack was just too sharp. They really have the cutting-edge needed to get them in the CL this season, and we couldn't cope with it. Keane especially was supurb.

But we have to keep on fighting.

Well, the first goal was clearly our throw, and the second was a clear handball. mad.gif

2 good goals by us, though.

It was just so frustrating that 2 minutes after we'd scored and had been having 86% of possession we switch off.

Brad 6, Neill 8, Todd 7, Nelsen 7, Gray 6, Emerton 6, Savage 6, Reid 8, Bentley 7, Bellamy 7, Pongo 7, Kuqi 6

Edited by frosty

You win some......you lose some.

388501[/snapback]

didn't deserve to lose that one though!

Crap defending as per normal. Very little up front height wise. Missed tugs in midfield.

Gutted to have lost that. Again after beating a top team we fall at the next hurdle!

Give hughes money in the summer, please!

Proud to be a Rover.

I can take losses like today. Not like we lost against Everton, West Brom, etc...

We pummelled the team 4th in the table away from home for 80 minutes and in the second half they resorted to hacking it away and not having any players in our half.

Shame that Grays lack of pace cost us.

We didnt deserve a draw. A win is more like it!

4th place is now over for us surely. Im worried we might end up with nothing and no UEFA Cup spot!

7 wins out of 10 should do it...Can we get it though!?

Stop blaming on Gray!

He's up against a speedy Lennon who just came on and is full of energy. Put Neill, Todd or even Nelsen in Gray's position, and Lennon will still get past them with his pace, easily.

Overall every Rovers out there should lift their heads high. Yes, we got nothing for a fantastic performance. But we have nothing to be ashamed of. We were clearly the better team out there.

I've enjoyed the game. I have no complaints. We will go on and win the next 5. cool.gif

Fabulous performance from the boys.

A proper football team. Rovers fans should all be proud.

388498[/snapback]

I was just about to post, 'anybody else immensely proud of their team today?' I was beaming in the pub, despite the result - two goals you can do absolutely nothing about (even if the first Keane goal was a throw in, the finish was magical) and some fabulous flowing football. Best team on the pitch by far. thumbs-up.gif

I am soooo proud to be a Rovers fan today, not only did we outplay a team in the top four for the vast majority of the game, Andy Gray and Martin Tyler (i tink) were giving us so much praise. We played superb for the vast majority of the game, causing problems with our slick passing. We were just soooo unlucky that, that fat porky linesman in the 1st ahlf gave them the throw in instea dof us, and be fair guys, Robbie Keane took the chance so well. As for the second, to quote a friend of mine at the time , "we got raped". The referee screwed us there and Keane got away with it. But in retrospect we wouldn't have won at Newcastle if MGP didn't handball it into the back of the net would have we?

I would have really enjoyed the game had i been a neutral, instead i am absolutely gutted but there are a few postives to come out the game. Champions League football was and still is a possiblity but its not a bad season should we even finish tenth.

We must also remember that we played with only half our first chance midfield four and still matched them man for man.

Yes, Gray had a shocker but he isn't a good player anyway. He has played well this season, but i put that down to some extra confidence and not down to him being an improved player. Put it this way, its him or Matteo and i know who i would have everytime and its not Matteo.

All i gotta say is unlucky boys and bring on the Villa.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.