BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Spurs 3 - 2 Rovers

Great performance - terrible result sad.gif

1st goal was never a Spuds throw-in, 2nd was a Keane handball and for their 3rd we just fell asleep. I can't believe we allowed ourselves to lose concentration at such a vital stage of the game. We should have gone defensive and counter attacked for the win using our pace up front..

Absolutely gutted.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose it makes up for MGP's "winner" at St James' park.

Although it offers no consolation

Really proud of the lads today, really really proud. Still im disapointed that we're in the shockingly low position of sixth. Sack the board smile.gif

All this "proud of the boys" is hogwash.

We lost, end of story.

388520[/snapback]

You mean to tell me todays performance was hogwash, hogwash?

Go and support a team like Bolton then if you want to watch crap football rolleyes.gif

The side as a whole today were superb, we dominated and worked our socks off. Spurs had 2 goals that should'nt have counted and we should have had a penalty. Thats football for you...

Edited by B.R.F.C

Totally gutted, superb performance from the lads. Lucas proved himself the best right back in the league, Reid was brilliant too.

Hope Hughesy can pick them up this week, I don't think it will be too hard. UEFA Cup is a must now tho, we've shown our class today.

Come on Rovers

The handball is a poor excuse for poor defending imo. We could, and perhaps should have had a penalty against us when Nelsen handballed. (even though it wasn't his intention at all)

Oh well, I'm still proud to be a Rover tonight, we fought well and played some excellent football against a very good side. Would've been a match for Toogs this one, but I must say that especially Bentley filled the gap to some extent. Can't talk enough about the class of Bellamy though, what a fantastic asset he is. Also, Flo-Po showed glimpses of brilliance, even though he lacked some precision with his final pass.

Mickey Gray was made a scapegoat, a bit undeserved imo. We didn't defend as a team like we should after Bellers' goal, which isn't acceptable knowing Lennon's pace. I'm also disappointed with the other three's defending on that goal, why isn't anyone picking up Mido's run?

All in all, a good match which should've earned us at least one point. Neill with another great performance at right back, please give this man a new contract now!

Bring on the cheating Villains!

Edited by herbergeehh

We lost to a bunch of southern softies, big deal, all that matters to me is that we showed what we have the potneital to do and imo we coudl be a force next season for 4th place from the off.

Completely and utterly robbed. Keane's first was our throw, how can the linesman not see that? It was right under his face. The second was blatant handball. Accidental or not.

We were fantastic today. No way did we deserve to get beat, absolutely pulled them apart all over the pitch. Gutted.

Don't you like to see us playing well even if we end up losing?

388522[/snapback]

rather play crap and win...

losing by playing well sucks .

shouldve got something..its a case of inept refs AGAIN!!!!!!

HOW MANY MORE TIMES DOES THIS HAVE TO HAPPEN TO US!!!!

HOWARD WEBB IS THAT CLIFF RICHARDS NAME???WELL THIS PRICK SHOULD GO ON A SUMMER HOLIDAY AND STAY THERE ..

FLOPS NO IT DOESNT MAKE UP FOR MGP...WEVE HAD MOR ETHAN ENOUGH DECISIONS TO EVEN THAT UP.

Not at all: playing well and losing gives me no joy whatsoever.

388533[/snapback]

It doesn't give anyone pleasure Jim. You know though, that was an excellent performance. One of the best in recent years.

Gutted. It's a top performance, but we didn't get any points.

I don't and won't get taken in by this "well, MGP got that Newcastle one and this makes up for it" rubbish. That is totally unrelated. This is another game. We outplayed them and we dropped all points. The referees didn't help with some shocking displays of blindness. The throw-in decision that led to the first goal was particularly galling.

Gutted.

Michael Gray showed what a shocking player he can be. I had absolutely no confidence in him successfully defending the third goal for Tottenham. It's a shame really that he has no real competition for his spot. There were many positive points to take out of the match, however. I was particularly impressed by the front two, despite them still trying to work each other out. They caused problems all game, with Sinama-Pongolle looking better as time went by. He is still raw but will surely improve with experience, hopefully getting onto those balls like the one he missed one yard out, even if we do only have him until season's end. Also, Lucas Neill is had a terrific game and showed what a genius he can be on the ball.

Well, the first goal was clearly our throw, and the second was a clear handball. mad.gif

2 good goals by us, though.

It was just so frustrating that 2 minutes after we'd scored and had been having 86% of possession we switch off.

Brad 6, Neill 8, Todd 7, Nelsen 7, Gray 6, Emerton 6, Savage 5, Reid 8, Bentley 7, Bellamy 7, Pongo 7, Kuqi 6

388504[/snapback]

Can agree with most of those, but I would give Savage a 7/8 and Gray would be lucky to get a 5.

Gray was awful today.

388494[/snapback]

No coincidence that Pedersen wasn't playing in front of him. I think Pedersen's absence was crucial in a defensive and attacking sense. At times we had possession but didn't have the width in midfield to open up Spurs.

Perhaps Hughes could have been bolder, rather than bringing back Emerton, played Bentley on the right and peter on the left.

Anyway, roll on the next game, and UEFA cup football. Champs league is probably beyond us now.

Edited by rover6

• Backroom
Calm down boys, Jim's on a windup.

388529[/snapback]

Why would anyone want to wind their fellow supporters up ??

Jim is just a cynic who can't even see the performance for what it was - despite the result ! Yes, we lost... but all credit to the lads who never gave up, played Spuds off the pitch for most of the match and were unlucky to have a blind linesman who gave that throw-in that lead to their first goal - he must be blind.. he was stood two feet from the incident and still called it wrong !

He also should have spotted Keane's handball for the second.. perhaps he uses the same opticians as Jim blink.gif

You mean to tell me todays performance was hogwash, hogwash?

Go and support a team like Bolton then if you want to watch crap football  rolleyes.gif

The side as a whole today were superb, we dominated and worked our socks off. Spurs had 2 goals that should'nt have counted and we should have had a penalty. Thats football for you...

388525[/snapback]

WHAT WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE ?? a point away at bolton playing bad or nothing ,zilch but playing well at spuds.

i know whic i would rather have .

points make prizes not performances

a very good game to watch and we should of got point.

the third goal shows the strong and the weak points of the way we play.

we hunt the ball down in packs of two/three players and that is good, but only if you win the ball. For the third goal we did this, but we did not win the ball and hence the back four was left with no cover, and that is the weak part, hunt in packs but win the ball.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.