BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Battle Of 4th, 5th, 6th Position

Modi

That's all true, but Arsenal were always going to finish in the top four. I've thought this all season. I'll bet anyone a tenner they finish in the top four, but I suppose I probably should have offered this bet a month ago really.

Edited by tcj_jones

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

liverpool on the other hand are really struggling up front, the points margin between them and the chassing pack will be in sight if they keep losing.

390578[/snapback]

Im rooting for Fulham to win their first away win of the season later! Correct me if im wrong, Fulham are currently the only team in all divisions in England not to win a single away game yet.

Im rooting for Fulham to win their first away win of the season later! Correct me if im wrong, Fulham are currently the only team in all divisions in England not to win a single away game yet.

390582[/snapback]

i think your right mate, even sunderland have pulled it off though they have not won at home yet laugh.gif

390582[/snapback]

2 teams in britain not to win away yet- 'harrods' and brechin city! fancy sharing a record with them laugh.gif

gerrard's cockup dropped us a place, i'm hoping the shell suits loose their nerve.

steven gerrard the most boring man in football. never smiles! couldve done more to help that foreign bird when she fainted! typical scouser! and i knw a few.

shame on you sir.

Edited by pleasure

I don't think Arsenal will finish in the top four... I know it goes against a lot of opinions here but that's all my statement is too: my opinion so don't shoot me down. I can't see the top three changing between now and the end of the season and I think Spurs regrettably have finally started to reach their potential. I'm sure it will be close but I think Arsenal will be just short of Champions League qualification this season.

Furthermore, as the table stands, we may only finish up 7th but if anyone had offered me 7th at the start of the season, I'd have bit their arm off, let alone their hand. As I understand it (admittedly I usually get this European qualification stuff wrong but here goes) 7th may be enough to get us into Europe... As Manyoo won the League Cup that means there's an extra EUFA Cup place in the league making the top 6, European qualifiers... now if the FA Cup finalists are both in the top 6 then another EUFA Cup qualification place will go to the league so the top 7 will then qualify for Europe... is that right?

If Arsenal finish 3rd or 5th does 4th place still go into the UEFA cup?

390692[/snapback]

4th place is always Champions' League isn't it?

edit: I remember a couple years ago when Liverpool and Newcastle played on the last day (or near to it) and whoever won would finish 4th and get into the Chamions League... Didn't Liverpool then go onto win the Chamions League in the following season (having beaten Newcastle to qualify in 4th place)?

Edited by roverich

4th place is always Champions' League isn't it?

edit: I remember a couple years ago when Liverpool and Newcastle played on the last day (or near to it) and whoever won would finish 4th and get into the Chamions League... Didn't Liverpool then go onto win the Chamions League in the following season (having beaten Newcastle to qualify in 4th place)?

390694[/snapback]

Sorry, I meant if Arsenal win the Champions League and finish 3rd.

Long day.

Arsenal's injured players are on their way back- Campbell and van Persie this week-end, Cole at the end of the month.

Have to say that Steve Gerard's inability to see a 6 ft 2 ins Frenchman is going to cost someone.

390703[/snapback]

Just glad we played them when we did blink.gif

i think your right mate, even sunderland have pulled it off though they have not won at home yet laugh.gif

390585[/snapback]

Now there IS dedication for you. They are still getting home gates of over 30,000 and they have not won a single match at home as yet!!

i don't think they have scoring problems anymore.

shame they could have done with a few of those goals against arsenal to help us out.

391109[/snapback]

It seems not so long ago that we are checking results on teams like Fulham, Birmingham, Portsmouth etc.. hoping that their results will go our way so as to push us higher in the bottom half of the table.

But now we are looking at the results of bigger teams like Pool, Arsenal and Spurs. tongue.gif

It seems not so long ago that we are checking results on teams like Fulham, Birmingham, Portsmouth etc.. hoping that their results will go our way so as to push us higher in the bottom half of the table.

But now we are looking at the results of bigger teams like Pool, Arsenal and Spurs.  tongue.gif

391112[/snapback]

Speaking of which, rumour has it Henry has verbally agreed to join Barca. Now whilst that's bad for the Prem as a whole, it'd be great news for the ever improving Rovers, what with L'Arse being a one man team and all thumbs-up.gif

When i started reading that I thought it was going to be all 'whippets and hovis' again, but it actually made a few decent points.

The central point is "do we have the squad to play 8 or more games in the CL and still have decent domestic form"?

Realistically the answer to that is absoulutely not! Why? Because we only look like a European side when bellamy plays and he isn't even up to a standard 38 game season as it is.

We would need another Bellamy, I think. And a right winger who can actually do some damage.

Good points in that article. Clutching at straws:

- Unlike the other Managers mentioned (including Sir Bobby), we have a Manager who knows what it takes to win the Prem and have a decent CL run year in year out,

- I strongly suspect the signing of Zura and the contract extensions offered for Dickov and Tugay are indicative of Hughes preparing a squad deep enough on quality for the CL. Wouldn't be surprised if neither of those extensions are signed until/before we know we have got UEFA at least.

- With those three on board, the summer signing requirements begin to become more manageable providing we don't spend all our time fending off raiders for our players. As Hughes has said, European football makes the type of player he wants to sign more interested in Rovers. That is probably an indicator he has some top class Bosman or near Bosmans in his sights. That Bosman thread might not be dreamland after all.

Back to reality:

- It is going to require an extraordinary effort by Rovers to qualify for the CL although I do think we would need shooting if we fail to qualify for the UEFA from the position we are now in.

- So CL is a dream, an attainable dream but still a dream. Nice to see the Telegraph sharing the dream but saying beware the wicked witch in the fairy tale.

Edited by philipl

would be fantastic to get into the CL. another must win game for rovers. with gunners leading 2-0 at the moment, and spurs playin the 'big club' later on, it is unlikely that both of these two clubs will drop 3 points. lets hope rovers can keep the dream alive and mantain the 2-1 lead, and get another goal or 2 to secure the 3 points today.

Yes they will.

Lennon 65th minute.

Shame that whilst we are on fire, it seems that all of our rivals are on form too.

Arsenal will surely finish 4th as theyve picked up the form.

I think we have a battle on our hands to finish 6th, but we have to strive for the highest position we can get. I think 65 will be needed for Champs League football.