SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Battle Of 4th, 5th, 6th Position

Modi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't like Man U but hahahahahaha!!  If Wigan had have won this game it could have got them going again after the cup final, but this defeat may take it out of them (hopefully) and that'll be one less team in the battle for Europe.

388941[/snapback]

I really felt sorry for Wigan last night though. They stopped Ronaldo/Rooney and Saha doing what they do best (no jokes people) I said to the Mrs after the game last night that I felt sorry for them and she said - well its good for us isnt it - I knew this statement to be true but I just havent got it in me to want them to do bad blink.gif Weird or what huh.gif

We have one of the easiest run ins, but just because they look easy on paper doesn't mean that in reality they are going to be.

We have to beat the Villa on Saturday otherwise the teams around us can steal a lead on us which would leave nine matches left with a deficit for us.

I think it is far more prudent to use Dillo Dillo's excellent tables when predicting the final positions of teams. Bolton have three horrible fixtures coming up, but I still have them as finishing 5th. Rather than reacting to results that were probable in the first place, a lot can be revealed when a surprise defeat or victory occurs. If Bolton win one of their next three matches then they will almost certainly achieve 5th place IMO, and maybe even 4th.

Edited by tcj_jones

10 games left; 6 of the teams are in bottom 10 - 2 of which are in the bottom 2

Only 2 of the teams are above us...and these are both at home.

Spurs have got Chelsea, Arsenal & Man United to play

Bolton got Liverpool, Chelsea and United to play but rest of fixtures are relatively easy.

Europe????

Why have Man City not been included in the table of teams who have a chance?

I personallyu think 4th is still well withing our grasp. However i think our game against Villa is vital as they have had some decent form away from home

Why have Man City not been included in the table of teams who have a chance?

I personallyu think 4th is still well withing our grasp. However i think our game against Villa is vital as they have had some decent form away from home

389052[/snapback]

we will still have to push for 4th, the result against villa will tell us how well we have reacted to the spuds loss.

it will be a hard game but at ewood i'd be expecting us to get the 3 points.

as for our remaining fixtures it does look alright compared to our rivals, but football is a funny old game rolleyes.gif

i think we can still get 4th, 2 wins on the bounce against villa and the boro and things will be all rosey again rover.gif

We are looking ahead but personally I think the next four games will make or break where we finish. Three very winnable home games and away to the worst team in the league. We should be hoping for ten points from those. If that happens we will be in the race for the fourth spot until the end. thumbs-up.gif

Knowing Rovers though... blink.gifsad.giflaugh.gif

Spurs away at Chelsea next.. If we get the right result this weekend we will be back within 3 points

389345[/snapback]

I would not be too surprised if Spurs were to win at Chelski or at least draw. Based on the current form of both teams, injuries and suspensions etc. To say nothing of Rovers luck!

I would not be too surprised if Spurs were to win at Chelski or at least draw. Based on the current form of both teams, injuries and suspensions etc. To say nothing of Rovers luck!

389428[/snapback]

chelsea have not lost to spuds in their last 27 meetings i think i read some where ohmy.gif

Plus I'm sure they'll be smarting after going out of Europe in midweek, and wanting to bounce back asap. Hoping for Chelski to spank the Spuds hard laugh.gif we need their goal difference reducing as well. +14 to +2 I think it is at the moment, could prove crucial at the end of the season.

Can see it now- Arsenal slalom past Juve and Inter and Rovers (or Spuds or Bolton) fans going to the Paris final as Barca supporters!

389724[/snapback]

arsenal have done well against the italian teams in recent years too.

even though juventus have a strong side, it isn't the same intimidating place to go as their ground is 3/4's empty.

i think juventus will be too strong overall though, so arsenal for the KO