BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Battle Of 4th, 5th, 6th Position

Modi

Can see it now- Arsenal slalom past Juve and Inter and Rovers (or Spuds or Bolton) fans going to the Paris final as Barca supporters!

389724[/snapback]

We'd have to resurrect the Clayton Brook Barcelona Supporters' Club! biggrin.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea 2 Spuds 1! biggrin.gif

Fantastic result for Rovers.

Chelsea were all over Spuds first half and scored through Essien on 13 mins. Spuds never had a kick until Jenas scored an undeserved equaliser a minute before half time.

In the second half it was a different story. Chelsea were sluggish and Jenas actually missed the best chance of the half when clean through after 78 mins.

he late introduction of Duff sparked some life into Chelsea and Drogba missed a glorious chance to seal the points on 90 minutes, striking the inside of the post, Robinson getting the faintest of touches.

All looked lost for Chelsea in terms of the 3 points then in the second minute of 3 minutes injury time, Duff and Gallas swapped passes on the left, Gallas cut in and unleashed an unstoppable shot into the right hand corner of the net from 25 yards.

GAME ON! rover.gif

Looking at those fixtures again, Rovers ought to be able to overhaul Spurs. Newcastle, Wigan and City are not realistically in the hunt for 4th but a Uefa Cup place is still well within their sights.

Arsenal are well placed especially if they beat Liverpool this afternoon but realistically 4th place is currently Bolton's.

Here's hoping the Trotters repeat their heroics against West Ham in the FA Cup because fixture congestion would be a major factor in stoping them. Bolton will not go through that Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea patch without picking up points just as I'll be somewhat surprised and very disappointed if Rovers don't deny Liverpool and Chelsea wins from their visits to Ewood.

Think 4th -7th will be between Arsenal, Tottenham, Rovers and Bolton. Looking at the fixtures it will be extremely tight so I think Arsenal's goal difference and Bolton's games in hand will prove valuable, so its either of those two for 4th i think. Spuds have a difficult run in and I think they'll slip down to 7th with Rovers just edging into 6th place. There'll only be about 3 or 4 points between all four clubs though so anything could happen!

COME ON YOU BLUES!!

Looking at the fixtures again, Bolton should win at the weekend against Sunderland, as we will hopefully against Boro. They then have Boro away, we have Sunderland away. So the respective positions should be more or less unchanged at that stage. They then have a horrendous little run Man U (H) Liverpool (A) Chelsea (H) which may render their games in hand obsolete.

If Arsenal beat Liverpool today however I can't see the Gooners failing to get 4th spot.

All pointless speculation but hugely entertaining nonetheless. smile.gif

All Rovers can d is win there games, thats our lads can do. If the lads win most of their remaining games with the exception of the Liverpool & Chelski matches we could be ok for 4th palce. Notlob will slip up and so will Spuds & the ARSEnal but all we can do us hope our lads do the business.

Every time Arse and Spurs go away from home, i can see them easily getting beat. Spurs have more away games then home and i think a big advantage to us is that we dont have to play any of the teams around us (arse, bolton, wh& spurs) apart from wigan and can watch the other teams take points of each other.

Not a knee jerk reaction to that first half, but to there recent form and general shireness in the final third, should we not be including Liverpool in this race?

Liverpool have 55 points. If they lose today, drop points at Newcastle and then we beat them at Ewood it would be either 3 or 4 points difference.

Not sure how their fixture list reads, but I would suspect they have Spurs and Bolton still to play after today, as well as ourselves.

Just a thought.

Funny I had just had the same thought but I think the 55points in the bag are 3 too many to put them in real risk of bombing out.

Wednesday, 15 March 2006

Barclays Premiership

Liverpool v Fulham, 20:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, 19 March 2006

Barclays Premiership

Newcastle v Liverpool, 13:30

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, 21 March 2006

FA Cup

Birmingham v Liverpool, 20:00

Saturday, 25 March 2006

Barclays Premiership

Liverpool v Everton, 12:45

Saturday, 01 April 2006

Barclays Premiership

West Brom v Liverpool, 17:15

Sunday, 09 April 2006

Barclays Premiership

Liverpool v Bolton, 14:00

Saturday, 15 April 2006

Barclays Premiership

Blackburn v Liverpool, 17:15

Saturday, 22 April 2006

Barclays Premiership

West Ham v Liverpool, 15:00

Saturday, 29 April 2006

Barclays Premiership

Liverpool v Aston Villa, 15:00

Sunday, 07 May 2006

Barclays Premiership

Portsmouth v Liverpool, 15:00