BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Battle Of 4th, 5th, 6th Position

Modi

After looking carefully at the table, fixtures and then doing the bbc predictor, and I have been as un biased as possible and i still came up with this:

1 Chelsea 96

2 Man Utd 87

3 Liverpool 72

4 Blackburn 69

5 Arsenal 68

6 Spurs 68

7 Bolton 65

8 Newcastle 58

9 West Ham 57

10 Everton 57

11 Man City 52

12 Wigan 49

13 Aston Villa 44

14 Boro 44

15 Charlton 41

16 Fulham 35

17 Pompey 33

18 Birmingham 30

19 West Brom 30

20 Sunderland 13

1 Chelsea 29 75

2 Manchester United 28 60

3 Liverpool 29 55

4 Tottenham Hotspur 29 49

5 Arsenal 29 47

6 Blackburn Rovers 29 46

7 Bolton Wanderers 27 45

8 Wigan Athletic 29 43

9 West Ham United 28 42

10 Manchester City 29 40

11 Everton 29 40

12 Newcastle United 29 39

13 Charlton Athletic 29 39

14 Aston Villa 29 34

15 Middlesbrough 28 34

16 Fulham 29 32

17 West Bromwich Albion 29 27

18 Birmingham City 28 24

19 Portsmouth 29 21

20 Sunderland 29 10

Edited by laughatthedingles

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way Liverpool are palying they might be lucky to hang in the top four, they do notscore goals and when they do, its never more than one.

You might all laugh at this now and if somebody else said it, i would probably do the same but, Liverpool will not finish 3rd they will not finish 4th, but they'll finish 5th with Arsenal finishing third and Rovers/Spuds/Bolton finishing 4th. Either of the two that don't make it will finish 6th/7th.

Liverpool are not scoring enough goals to hang on at the moment, they have the distraction the F.A cup left, their out of Europe and their season is on a downer from here. If we beat Liverpool people may think i am talking some sense with my prediction.

Arsenal are coming into some form at the moment, i think they are ready to make a real run now.

3rd Arsenal

4th Rovers

5th Liverpool

6th Spuds

7th Bolton

The key to this is not to worry about whats going on around us, after Spurs we all felt we were out the race for 4th spot. However a week later we are back in it. The Rovers managment need to concern themselves with Rovers results. For all the teams 4th down to 7th European Qualification is practicly in their own hands, all the teams are goin to slip up on occaisions so for each team its how many times they slip up.

I really believe we are the team capable of putting a solid run through to the end of the season.

Boro (H), Sunderland (A), Wigan (H) and Portsmouth (A) - should at least mean ten points to Rovers, if we're to challenge for that fourth spot imo. Three very tough games, but if we could meet Liverpool with 55-56 points..... and yes, I am actually ignoring the Sunderland-match, they are that poor.

Btw, Lee - the league table on rovers.co.uk isn't updated properly is it?

Dont big club have to play Notlob twice in the last couple of weeks, that could be a ace card for AFC Horwich.

herbergeehh, I know were you are coming from when you say we should get 10pts, but football is mysterious in its ways, Rovers will likly lose to Sunderland and Pompey, but beat Liverpool and Chelsea.

Fixtures are all well and good played on paper after all I had us comfortably winning the League the season we went down with the fixtures I got with my season ticket.

Interesting list that dillo apaqrt from including Big Club v Trotters mark two (two 0-0s in that head to head would be perfect). What are the bets for two down out of three on the last day? In order of difficulty- WBA the toughest, Brum next and Pompey the easiest.

If it does come to the last day, I'd take the Baggies' trip to Everton over the fixtures of Pompey and B C. That said, who'd have thought Fulham would have banged six past Norwich to banish them to the land of the brown burps?

Sunderland might beat Fulham at home....

Anyway, back to the battle for 4th and Squarefootball's latest prediction- it is mighty close

Edited by philipl

I've got Arsenal as comfortable 4th place finishers any way, so I'm not worried.

390510[/snapback]

I agree - but can also easily see a scenario where Liverpool end up fourth - and even outside the top 4.

Their strikers really need to pick up a bit of form (hopefully not when we play them) - or I can see problems for them.

Agreed - I can see them being pipped to third spot by Arsenal, but I can't see them falling any further than that to be honest.

390526[/snapback]

arsenal are really hitting form at the moment, the only distraction which can see them faulter in the prem is the champions league matches against juventus, hopefully that will put a spanner in the works.

they have their injury problems though many are nearly recovered and will be back in aaction in the next week or two.

freddy is out on the sidelines for a while now though.

liverpool on the other hand are really struggling up front, the points margin between them and the chassing pack will be in sight if they keep losing.