SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Battle Of 4th, 5th, 6th Position

Modi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rover.gif i've gone for 8th,which is well above my pre-season prediction which was a couple off places above last season.to me 5th place is beyond my wildest dreams,after watching all home games and several away i still cannot believe we are 5th.wba away was worse than anything i have seen during sparky's tenure,but the arse,manure at home and wigan away have been brilliant.too me we are punching above our weight,and i have gone for another 16pts gained this year.

spuds-0

villa-3

boro-3

sunderland-1

wigan-3

pompey-0

liverpoo-3

brum-0

chelski-1 [they win the championship]causing uproar as chelsea fans are in rovers areas!!!!!!!!

charlton-1

citeh-1 tinykit.gif

388258[/snapback]

rover.gif still 2 pionts behind in my predictions,no team could get 5pts from 21 and still qualify for europe could they tinykit.gif

4 points should be enough for sixth place. If we can't win one game out of the last seven then it has nothing to do with 'finding our level'...it's just a God-awful run that any club in the Premiership other than Sunderland would view as quite simply not good enough.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

i dunno if people realise but it is still possible for us to qualify for the champions league.

if arsenal and spuds draw on saturday they are 8 points clear and then if they both lose all of their remaining league and champs league fixtures and we win all of our remaining games then we will take 4th smile.gif

i wonder what the odds on that are???

keep the faith thumbs-up.gif

imo 4th place is out of reach. just like looking up at the stars. CL was so close yet so far.

i cant possibly see spurs and gunners losing their remaining matches. as for rovers winning all their remaining matches, i just cant see it.

Edited by asianRover

Finishing 8-10th aint a great achievement in my opinion.

401247[/snapback]

I concur. Every man and his dog might have predicted us to finish in the bottom half, but I never thought that would be our fate. I was always expecting top half, so if we continue playing this crap for the last three games, we'll have met my pre-season expectations- nothing more nothing less. As for my recent expectations...grr..

Now now. Remeber that the barcodes have only two games left. All is not lost. In fact we can still finish 4th:

- Spuds lose their last two and finish on 62 pts

- Arse lose one, draw one and win one from their last 3 and finish on 62 pts.

- We win our last 3 games and finish on 63 pts.

This ten day break will do us good. I honestly still think we have a great chance of taking 6th.

Now now. Remeber that the barcodes have only two games left. All is not lost. In fact we can still finish 4th:

- Spuds lose their last two and finish on 62 pts

- Arse lose one, draw one and win one from their last 3 and finish on 62 pts.

- We win our last 3 games and finish on 63 pts.

This ten day break will do us good. I honestly still think we have a great chance of taking 6th.

401266[/snapback]

Glad to see someones being optimistic. smile.gif

Come on Lads don't mess it up rover.gif