SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Battle Of 4th, 5th, 6th Position

Modi

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its quite weird how we've ended up with the same points, goal difference, goal scored & goals conceded as Newcastle. That means if we lose against Charlton, Newcastle will go above us. There's only Bolton below us who have a better GD. there's an awful lot of minius goal differences this seaosn which is odd.

If we beat Charlotn then we will IMO have secured Uefa Cup Football next season as the Barcodes aren't going to beat Chelski and notloB only turn up against sides with sweet fa to play for at this time of the season and they have to play Birmingham and Spuds, both teams that need the points for different reasons.

4 out of the next 9 should see us home and dry but football is a very funny game, i could be wrong. wink.gif

If we beat Charlotn then we will IMO have secured Uefa Cup Football next season as the Barcodes aren't going to beat Chelski and notloB only turn up against sides with sweet fa to play for at this time of the season and they have to play Birmingham and Spuds, both teams that need the points for different reasons.

4 out of the next 9 should see us home and dry but football is a very funny game, i could be wrong. wink.gif

401492[/snapback]

I don't reckon Chelsea care anymore now. They're more likely to hammer us than Newcastle, as we might be where they need to secure the title. Newcastle can take them at St James'.

no. of factor:

1) whether chelsea can beat MU

IF Chelsea can beat MU, then there is a chance that they won't play serriouly when they play with us, then we have chance to get mark. After that everyone will blame them for not playing seriouly and they will play seriouly when they play with barcode...

IF chelsea lose to MU, then they will ply hard so as to get title ASAP, and they will play not so seriou with barcode and we will be beaten by barcode

2) how big club does

If big club lose to barcode next week, they won't play seriouly with bolton and finally we will down to 8...

3)hope charlton home's form the same as away form

Charlton home's form is better than away form. Yes, they have beaten by bolton, but charlton is away on that match, they beat portsmouth at home 1 more week ago... So we should have more "lady luck" to win them...

Why such the big fuss??!  Uefa Cup football wont make us any better or bigger as a club, we've proved this after every season we've entered the Uefa Cup.

We may be able to attract a few slighly better players that will probably be able to keep us in the premiership 6th-15th positions for a decent spell of time, which is great for a club like Rovers. But I admit, i would love a good run in Europe next season.

401297[/snapback]

You answered your own question. We need it to attract those players. It'll earn a touch more cash too, provided we don't throw our league form away to challenge. And, who knows, maybe even some silverware! Look how far Boro got, and we're better than them.

Look how far Boro got, and we're better than them.

401609[/snapback]

Looking at which reminds me that we could very easily have been in the FA Cup final if only we were in good form when we played West Ham. Both WH and Boro are extremely mediocre sides as was shown yesterday where neither could put up more than 2 or 3 proper passes.

Looking at which reminds me that we could very easily have been in the FA Cup final if only we were in good form when we played West Ham.

Before West Ham game:

Middlesbrough (A) Won 2-0

Wigan (A) Won 3-0

Pompey (H) Won 2-1

QPR (H) Won 3-0

Utd (H) Drew 1-1

Bolton (H) Drew 0-0

Newcastle (A) Won 1-0

Utd (A) Lost 2-1

R4E, I think we were in very good form but I think the amount of games we had played beforehand started to show.

rover.gif why oh why do we always do it the hard way,i can see it now we must beat citeh last game off the season,0-0 with 30 secs off injury time left and fu%$£ing robbie savage scores the winner tinykit.gif

401924[/snapback]

You mean we'd do it with 30 sec left? biggrin.gif

This is Rovers you're talking about - it'd be more like we go in front with 3 sec left ph34r.gif

You mean we'd do it with 30 sec left?  biggrin.gif

This is Rovers you're talking about - it'd be more like we go in front with 3 sec left  ph34r.gif

401963[/snapback]

Don't you mean concede an equaliser with 3 sec's left, that seems to be the way the seasons turning.

with wigan losing lastnight that should be them burried and left out of reach of us.

neimi played well, wigan must be upset at not getting anything though.

fulhams home record is incredible considering where they are in the league, a tough team to beat at the cottage all season.

i said before 1 more win, as nufc have to play chelsea, so in reality only have 1 game left with us 2 takin it as if we get nowt of chels

charlton and city are very much winnable

but i sense us throwing it away

we cant go through 7 games without winning can we?

we cant go through 7 games without winning can we?

402231[/snapback]

Yes, It's Rovers remember.

Newcastle have it tough with Brum away and Chels at home. It's Bolton who are the danger - they have two home games. I think we need 5 points for 6th, but only because Bolton have a bettter goal diff.

It's all on!

i expect at least 1 more win before the end of the season

if we dont that really was a big self destruction

saying that pompey, wigan, brum have resulted in just 2 points ohmy.gif

our away form needs to be upped on sat