BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Portsmouth 2-2 Rovers

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i fancy us for this one, pompy are on a run where we need to knock them off the tracks.

we have already beaten them up at ewood this season, coming from a goal down too.

last season was quite a rough encounter at fratton park, we took home the 3 points with a fighting display which is what we need on saturday.

it's all about who wants it more, they want to survive the drop and we want champions league!!!

they may have home advantage, but we have advantages, better players for a start, hughsey... when ever i see an interview just fills me with belief and faith, he will do his homework on pompey and the players will have a plan of battle and the army of fans we will take to be our 12 man!!! (and drown out their ###### donkey bell)

rovers 3-0 whoop assing!!!

savage 7

pedersen 10

bellamy 69

tinykit.gifrover.gif

can't see us winning this one i'm afraid. Pompey at home on the back of three successive wins and our frequent inability to perform against the lower teams away leads me to only one result, and thats a win for portsmouth sad.gif

it hurts me to say it, but i see a 2-0 win for pompey, with a poor performance by rovers. if we want anything else we will need our bigger players to perform how the admiral frequently does

all the remaining games are massive and will decide the 4Th, 5Th and 6Th place, this week no more than the rest. Sadly I think this could be the week (including Mondays farce) than our season comes back to reality with a bang! sad.gif

If we start with Dicov up front again and resort to the likes of Kuqui, his "goal" withstanding, we deserve to finish 6Th or 7Th for our lack of desire, we have to go all out in every game.

Honest predictions:

Man United 1 vs 2 Arsenal

Liverpool 2 vs 0 Bolton

Pompey 2 vs 0 Blackburn

Spurs 2 vs 1 Man City

huh.gif Hope I am wrong!

Edited by Rovers Air Force

EPL on PPV/CCTV

Day Date Home Visitor Kickoff (ET)

Please Note due to transition to Summer time in England, the regular Saturday time is different this week.

Sat. Apr. 1 Bolton Manchester United 9 a.m.

Sun. Apr. 2 West Ham Charlton 11 a.m.

Sat. Apr. 8 Portsmouth Blackburn 10 a.m.

Sun. Apr. 9 Manchester United Arsenal 11 a.m.

Sat. Apr. 15 Arsenal West Brom 10 a.m.

Sun. Apr. 16 Aston Villa Birmingham 7 a.m.

Looks like for the US viewers we are on live on PPV

Pleased to see that the next 5 games and possibly the last one being aired here in Norway. 5 or 6 Rovers games on TV in a month! Fantastic! biggrin.gif

397007[/snapback]

Same here in the UAE. They are planning to televise almost all our games till end of season. In fact they missed only a couple of games over the last 3 months, Boro and Newcastle.

Lawro has predicted us to lose again, so some good news there.

The BBC match preview also includes this:

"BLACKBURN ROVERS lost ground midweek in the race with north London duo Spurs and Arsenal for the much coveted fourth place, when held to a one-all draw with Wigan at Ewood Park. A controversial late equaliser from sub Shefki Kuqi ensuring they took something out of the game."

Someone explain to me how we lost ground on a team that lost and on a team that didn't play by picking up a point?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.