BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Portsmouth 2-2 Rovers

Lawro has predicted us to lose again, so some good news there.

The BBC match preview also includes this:

"BLACKBURN ROVERS lost ground midweek in the race with north London duo Spurs and Arsenal for the much coveted fourth place, when held to a one-all draw with Wigan at Ewood Park. A controversial late equaliser from sub Shefki Kuqi ensuring they took something out of the game."

Someone explain to me how we lost ground on a team that lost and on a team that didn't play by picking up a point?

397097[/snapback]

You'll have to be an expert to see the relevance, mate.

SO important to get a win here, it's arguably one of the toughest matches we have left.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lawro has predicted us to lose again, so some good news there.

The BBC match preview also includes this:

"BLACKBURN ROVERS lost ground midweek in the race with north London duo Spurs and Arsenal for the much coveted fourth place, when held to a one-all draw with Wigan at Ewood Park. A controversial late equaliser from sub Shefki Kuqi ensuring they took something out of the game."

Someone explain to me how we lost ground on a team that lost and on a team that didn't play by picking up a point?

397097[/snapback]

withstupid.gif

we gained a point over tottenham

the silly billy

I think if the starting XI looks something like this, then we will have a great chance of winning the game:

Friedel    

Neill - Nelsen - Todd - Gray    

Reid - Tugay - Savage - MGP    

Bellamy - Pongoll

If we start with Kuqi up front, and Bently on the right then we are asking for trouble!

Pompy have undisclosed injuries to 3 players from this week. Just seen it on SSN or is harry kidding us on?

397181[/snapback]

now i thought undisclosed transfer fees were stupid

but undisclosed injuries WTF

I definitely want Zura back there instead of Todd, but agree with you elsewhere, Krislu.

397197[/snapback]

I agree with you 100%.

I am hoping that the recent improvement shown by Pompey is just down to timing - i.e. playing teams when weakened etc.

I don't know why - but I can see us winning this one. As always the first goal will be all important - if we score first the crowd will hopefully quieten down.

My hope is that Bellamy and Pongo will be able to exploit the space behind their back line. Bellamy has been average by his high standards in the last couple of games (mainly down to the service he has been getting) - but I have high hopes for this game.

Going to be a tough game.

If we defend well and sensibly, I think we'll win. As long as we keep them quiet first half hour or so, we'll be ok I think.

They're at home, won 3 in a row and all that. Must win game, could get further away from Bolton.

This has to be, on paper, our hardest game in a while, at least since Spurs. Away from home against a side that are playing well. Conversely we have not been up to our high standards...

I think this will be a draw. 1-1. The team should be the same apart from Pongolle starting, and maybe Tugay coming on for Bentley with Reid out wide.

If we win we are back on track, but the odds are stacked against us.

Im going for a close 2-1 victory for the Rovers! Heading down there with my old man, and prob staying in pomp on the sat night after also. Cant wait for the superb facilities again, no bogs, kiosks or roof, but oh well at least it aint meant to rain! biggrin.gif

How many tickets have we sold for this one, i was hoping we might take about 1000 down, due to position and london rovers influence!

So hard match on the Fratton Park tomorrow. Pompey is at the moment good fitness and they have homematch best atmosphere in Premier. Maybe draw is near I bet 2-2.

If I remember correct last season we win Pompey on the Fratton Park. Pedersen made brilliant goal.

I"m crossing my fingers that we'll see a return of Rovers' cracking form after many weeks in the wilderness. Our play has been too erratic of late, too lacklustre-- my hopes are Sparky can again light the fire under the lads...

I remain optimistic (if not delirious) we can put an end to 'Arry's purple patch.

Pompey 1 -- Rovers 3

Has anyone got an upto date 'league table' of Lawro's predictions ie if they all came true - I think we were rock bottom werent we on the last one a few months ago???

397143[/snapback]

Don't panic OJ, I'm keeping tabs. It's under control. Just briefly for now - he's got us sixth bottom on 27 points (teams below us are Villa, Boro, West Ham, West Brom and Sunderland). I'll post something at the end of the season.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.