BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Portsmouth 2-2 Rovers

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tugay, if we get only 5 points from the next three games, then we are definitely out of it!

10 points out of the last 15 and Id be happy.

397529[/snapback]

We need 11, according to Hughes, to reach Rovers' target for the last hurdle of games.

I'm happy as long as we can pull away from 7th place as soon as possible.

from today's match, it is clear that blackburn need to sign very good players to keep bellamy. he's mainly the reason why rovers managed to leave fratton park with a point and also why the club is still 6th. the gap between his class n the rest of the team is quite obvious as many would have observed.

Bad week ahead. can't be possibly looking at 4th spot when the team didn't win when expected to.

anyway, i betted blackburn to win last match vs wigan n this match. Both ended in draws. I shall stop gambling and maybe rovers will continue their winning ways n beat liverpool tongue.gif

Just forget the CL guys, we are not good enough, its a year too early IMO. Were a very average side that has a world-class striker to bail us out when things go tits up.

MGP has been shocking recently, it looks like all the speculation over his future has got to him. Is he as good as well all think he is, yes he's a good player, scored a lot of goals, but whats he done of late. Sweet F.A since he scored versus Arsenal.

As for Dickov somebody just rip his contract up, he was dire.

What has Pongo done to p!ss Sparky off, he should have featured in the last two matches.

Tugay, if we get only 5 points from the next three games, then we are definitely out of it!

397529[/snapback]

I disagree.

If Spurs get draws at Everton and Arsenal and lose to United, we'll be 1 point behind with 2 games left.

If Arsenal lose away to United, beat WBA at home and draw with Man City and Pompey away, we'll be 1 point ahead of them still.

Granted they can both pick up more points than that, but so can we. The above isn't unrealistic - we're still in there with a chance!

My aim is to finish in the top 6 and a UEFA spot. We are not yet good enough for the CL. It will still be a fantastic achievement considering our resources. In my opinion there is too much criticism of Rovers players from our own fans. To get a point today was satisfying.

If I see an unchanged team against Liverpool then I will be an angry man in the stands!!

Reid and Savage in the centre does NOT work at all. Also, stick either MGP or Bentley on the bench, they have been useless the last two games.

What's all the doom and gloom about.

Sure the games against Wigan and Pompey have not gone to plan but look at the position we are in compared to last season. It's not over yet either, and there will be results both for Rovers and the others that will not be as expected.

We are in a great position from last season come what may. The apathy shown by some on here reflects the apathy of the town toward Rovers.

If we don't get behind this team then it's not only the CL that we will be saying goodby to.

just a point. Why cant Sparky be honest with his post-match interviews. Both against Wigan and now Pompey he comes aout saying we deserved to win both?? I know he's trying to support the players but he's clearly talking rubbish.

Actually Reid and Savage have worked this season. I can think of numerous occassions, especially away from home. Trust me, if Toogs had played in the middle, we would have been worse off today.

But I agree, I want a few changes but with Pongolle not in contention Dicky will probably stay up front. Ahhh...

Id keep MGP in cause he is a big game player and we could use his set plays.

Bentley has been way better than MGP during the last few games though.

Also greggyk, I dont think he has said we deserved to win but rather we could have won or should have won.

Edited by Bobby G

just a point. Why cant Sparky be honest with his post-match interviews. Both against Wigan and now Pompey he comes aout saying we deserved to win both?? I know he's trying to support the players but he's clearly talking rubbish.

397561[/snapback]

Spot on, I was just about to say the same. Its all getting a bit silly now, and he should stop making a fool out of himself by saying so..

What's all the doom and gloom about.

but look at the position we are in compared to last season. .

397560[/snapback]

Irrelevant. Might as well say look where we are now compared with 1964-65 or 1994-95.

Fourth place is probably put of reach now but considering the lack of quality in the squad (Bellamy, Nelsen and Friedel excepted), sixth position and a place in the Uefa Cup would be an outstanding achievement by Hughes.

One man show from Bellamy today, he must be gutted that his 2 super strikes didn't bring home the 3 points.

Quite a few of the team didn't show up today, in particular I missed the first quarter of an hour and honestly thought Dickov wasn't playing until I noticed him in camera shot on 52 minutes.

We also defended very poorly today, we just don't look as solid a defensive unit unless Todd is playing. Shocking defending from first Mokoena and then Nelsen for their second. Mokoena looks like a fish out of water unless he is playing the holding midfield role. Why was Gray taken off, was he injured?

All in all a very disappointing week, whatever anyone might say. We got ourselves in a very good position before the Wigan game and have let things slip quite badly. After Bellamy's heroics (no understatement there) there was no way we should have conceded the equaliser for a second time today.

Looks like 6th at best unless there are some very unexpected twists and turns. We'll have to improve some to ensure that though

That was a game we really should have won (and not just because we were previously aiming to finish 4th). Alright we were away from home but we were playing a bottom 5 club! I'm very disappointed with the result.

I was at fratton park today and I have to say that Bellamy and Freidel were outstanding for us. Nelson and Zurab were okay at the back, and Pedersen looked tired, I think that Sparky should consider resting him against Liverpool so we can get the best out of him for the the remaining games. Emerton to replace him as he played well for the time he was on the pitch today, even if he did use his hand to score but hey Pedersen got away with it at Newcastle shame Emerton didn't to day or we would have been leaving with 3 points that we did not overall deserve, but in rovers defence Pompy are an in form side having won three on the bounce before playing us.

Lets us all pray that we have our act together next week when Liverpool come to town.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.