BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Portsmouth 2-2 Rovers

just a point. Why cant Sparky be honest with his post-match interviews. Both against Wigan and now Pompey he comes aout saying we deserved to win both?? I know he's trying to support the players but he's clearly talking rubbish.

397561[/snapback]

Spot on, I was just about to say the same. Its all getting a bit silly now, and he should stop making a fool out of himself by saying so..

397565[/snapback]

I wonder if its because he learnt most of his managerial skills from the most successful manager in Premiership history?

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just a point. Why cant Sparky be honest with his post-match interviews. Both against Wigan and now Pompey he comes aout saying we deserved to win both?? I know he's trying to support the players but he's clearly talking rubbish.

397561[/snapback]

Unless I have missed something, Hughes didnt say we deserved to win today, but that he was disappointed that we threw away the lead twice.

What Mark Hughes said after todays game:

"Fratton Park is a difficult place to come, so it was a positive that we got our noses in front.

"But it was a negative that we were not able to protect the lead and we feel hard done by that we didn't win.

"Portsmouth are fighting for their lives in the Premiership and credit to them they put us under pressure and came from behind twice."

"We are disappointed because weve lead the game twice away from home. We wanted the full three points so it may be viewed as two points lost."

we lost because our two wide mid- field players failed to turn up and as such it was 2 v 4 in the middle and as such you will be over run.

away from home you can not play the two wide players that started today, both are very weak when we have not got the ball, and today when we had it there did little with it.

The heart of any team is in the middle of the park, lose that, and the team is in deep trouble, amd that is what happened today.

we were luckly to get a point smile.gif

Lucas Neill's one yellow from a ban, i think, so Hughes has some thinking to do. Kane? Reid? Mokoena? Emerton?

I'm a big supporter of MGP but a spell on the bench might be necessary. But who to replace him? Emerton is never going to be good enough, he's had his chances. Hughes is intoducing Peter very gradually. Therefore, i reckon MGP would have to play disastrously to be dropped.

From the match report it sounds like we where lucky to get a point. It's a good job we have Bellers.

The race for 4th place is still on though. I'll be cheerin on Man Ure for about the third time ever tommorrow against Arsenal.

I dont think we were all that bad today - the last 2 games have been tough because the teams we have been playing (wigan and pompey) were well up for it. At least weve not lost.

Its just a bit concerning that our defence seems to struggle against quick 'smash and grab' sides like West Ham, Wigan and Pompey.

I would think that Hughes and the staff wouldve seen this by now and at least tried to change it slightly becuase we were all over the place.

Bellamy is world class!!

Lucas Neill's one yellow from a ban, i think, so Hughes has some thinking to do. Kane? Reid? Mokoena? Emerton?

397600[/snapback]

Not anymore he isnt.

The amnesty on cards is this week. No cumulative suspensions!

Once again, where is this stupid negativity coming from?

After we had lost at Spuds we were looking at five winnable games. We won 3 drew 2 lost 0. 11 points out of 15 against 5 banana skin teams.

What the ^^^^ is there to moan about???

We have the best striker at Ewood since Shearer, the best keeper we've ever had and a pretty decent set of players in between.

Hughes is absolutely spot on with his comments once again which is a heck of a lot more than can be said about some folks' hearing or reasoning.

397607[/snapback]

The same source from which doomsayers were predicting the end after we lost at West Brom.

Some of us are expecting the team to win each and every game. Its all "natural" for Notlob to lose at Brum but when we draw against a side who were on a roll, its all gloom and doom. unsure.gif

What a great game and I think it was a good point for us because Pompey played really well and put us under loads of pressure. In previous years we would have lost this game easily but we showed some charactor and in Bellamy some skill. We defended quite well and Brad was superb but Dickov, Pederson and Bentley were quite poor. If Bolton lose tomorrow we are in a great position to get 6th place and possibly better if we can keep this up.

I'm a big supporter of MGP but a spell on the bench might be necessary. But who to replace him? Emerton is never going to be good enough, he's had his chances. Hughes is intoducing Peter very gradually. Therefore, i reckon MGP would have to play disastrously to be dropped.

397600[/snapback]

+Whenever Bentley plays in the left midfield role he seems to play well, and he did impress for England U21's in that role. So why not rest MGP and play Bentley wide left?

The one position he never seems to play well in is the wide right MF, so why keep putting him there?

Edited by Fife Rover

397607[/snapback]

Well according to your strange reading of the situation, Hughes, who was reportedly "disappointed" (and rightly so) to concede a lead twice today.

Exactly the same as everyone else on here really. Only I note you aren't tarring him with the same brush. He's "spot on" whilst everyone else is "negative".

Just got back.

Didn't play brilliantly, frustrating yes. Going to a place where you lead twice and then sloppily IMO give away two equalisers, is annoying.

I was surprised Todd didn't play today , thought Zurab did ok. But at times lacked the physical aspect, Nelsen was solid but got caught out with equaliser.

All in all, a point is ok. Pompey were on a decent run, they were the better side yet we didn't play to the standards we can and we managed to get something.

Dissapointing yes, but not the end of the world.

Look at where we were this time 12 months ago and look where we are now.

Keep it up lads.

true.............but we are watching crap

397608[/snapback]

CRAP???

To watch Rovers play with the amount of pride and passion they have shown this season has given me as much pleasure as any season in the last .....well, too many seasons to mention actually.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.