Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bye Bye Carling

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ May 24 2006, 15:56 ) 410187[/snapback]

Thwaites cant brew anything thats not gnats ######.

Kaltenburg HELL :(

Thwaites ale is pretty decent. Don't know anything about the lager though. Afterall, its for girls. ;)

Thwaites choice of lager:

Warsteiner

Kaltenberg

Although most Thwaites pubs have either Carling or Carlsberg as a guest.

Warsteiner on tap at Rovers is bound to get the atmosphere going!!

When I was home a good pint of Thwaites, well kept by the landlord, was hard to beat. Loved a pint of mixed meself.

Coors however, bunk. Coors owns Thwaites?? When did that come about?

Edited by USABlue

i know the club has to get the best deal possible, but i have to agree that generally thwaites ale is absolute sh**e. If they try and put Kaltenberg Hell on (which they cant give away) it will be me staying longer in the local pubs. :o

You will not get things like thoroughbred and lancaster bomber on (which are their only decent ales imo) - it will be thwaites smooth which for me is a poor copy of John Smiths Extra Smooth, and the other smooths.

however, we all have individual tastes :brfc:

The problem thwaites will find is that generally all ale at footy concourses is crap- due to infrequent use and plastic glasses

Thwaites ales - what's not to like?

Admittedly, pubs in Blackburn and surrounding areas that look after the draught cask and serve it properly are increasingly thin on the ground.

It'll just be keg on the Ewood concourses but it's got to be better than the slop bitter served up recently...perhaps they'll look after the supping fans and allow you to buy bitter and lager at the same bar :blink:

Warsteiner Ummm !!! or as it's known Locally in Darwen !! WAR-STARTER

On a serious note sitting in the Riverside around 8 of us sit together on the back row near the Bar at the Darwen End and we can look over the back and see when the Bar starts to get busy, usually about 15 minutes before Half time so we take it in turns to get there before the rush and leave the pints behind one of the pilars til half time

People who wait til half time though have no chance as the beer comes out of the pump slower than Brett Emerton on a bad day.

The best bet to make sure everyone is satisfied is the system they have at Old Trafford, where they serve you Beer in a plastic Bottle so the bar staff simply take the top off the bottle and away you go in 2 Seconds instead of 2 minutes.

Perhaps something Thwaites can implement !!

Warsteiner Ummm !!! or as it's known Locally in Darwen !! WAR-STARTER

On a serious note sitting in the Riverside around 8 of us sit together on the back row near the Bar at the Darwen End and we can look over the back and see when the Bar starts to get busy, usually about 15 minutes before Half time so we take it in turns to get there before the rush and leave the pints behind one of the pilars til half time

People who wait til half time though have no chance as the beer comes out of the pump slower than Brett Emerton on a bad day.

The best bet to make sure everyone is satisfied is the system they have at Old Trafford, where they serve you Beer in a plastic Bottle so the bar staff simply take the top off the bottle and away you go in 2 Seconds instead of 2 minutes.

Perhaps something Thwaites can implement !!

The Old Trafford system was a disaster in the league fixture. Bar was shut till the half time whistle went, then they had to open a bottle and pour it for you in to a plastic glass. To make things worse they had no glasses, only realising this when they had opened the bar.

Add the fact that half of the bar staff couldnt speak English and you have a nightmare!

Old Trafford have a lot to learn from the Rovers I think.

It was better at the Semi Final, I admit. This was down to the fact we found a little bar at the end of the concourse where you could get served straight away. Most Rovers fans didnt realise this and queued for ages at the main bar.

I will be glad to see Thwaites's beers at Ewood as it is an excellent pint. Most of the bad press from the bars at Ewood is due to the plonkers that work behind the bars. You seem to have six people behind the bar, two serving and four with a vacant expression doing nothing.

Edited by oakdaleblue

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.